British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

not quite the hailsham/hastings/eastbourne triangle toxic budgies i was dreaming about but the MSDL to welcome the EASTBOURNE SEAGULLS to their league.

• Like 2

Link to  Podcast by Ian Jordan is now on the Eastbourne website.  I've just had a listen and well done to Ian Jordan really interesting and informative to listen to.  Eastbourne are really trying to bring their Speedway club to the notice of more prospective fans and also to keep regular fans of the Eagles and speedway in general informed about the latest news etc of Eastbourne.  Other clubs should take note and try to follow Eastbournes excellent example.

• Like 5

Well done on the Podcast.  Really good to hear the plans and initiatives for the new season.  Really hope that the 90th celebration comes off (with a big hint that Nicki will be asked back, and I hope Crumpy might make an appearance too if it happens).  I guess if there is a big break mid-season as there was last year, this might be a good time to put something like this on?!!

Looking forward to getting back to it, and to seeing some close, competitive racing.

Eastbourne quick off the mark this afternoon and announced P+P cancelled.

The media folk at Eastbourne are keeping busy with stuff for us to read and watch while speedway is in limbo.

Saturday night will still be speedway night via Eagles TV, looks like they are playing a Question of Sport on social media (Eastbourne speedway style) and they have a new Q and A update on the website with Ian Jordan.

Champion stuff guys and gals but then we all know the Eagles are a champion team. Thanks to the people who are working on this.

Good idea to keep the interest going while we wait.

• Like 3

Excellent from Eastbourne too, like Redcar very informative and well done.

These 2 pieces are a guide to Promotion of the Sport that all the rest should be following-:

Redcar -: http://www.redcar-speedway.com/2020/03/17/redcar-speedway-statement/

Eastbourne -:  https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com/eagles-qa-with-ian-jordan-2/

From Brummies and too many others sadly http://www.birmingham-speedway.com/ very little!

• Like 3

On 3/20/2020 at 11:20 AM, Richard Weston said:

The media folk at Eastbourne are keeping busy with stuff for us to read and watch while speedway is in limbo.

Saturday night will still be speedway night via Eagles TV, looks like they are playing a Question of Sport on social media (Eastbourne speedway style) and they have a new Q and A update on the website with Ian Jordan.

Champion stuff guys and gals but then we all know the Eagles are a champion team. Thanks to the people who are working on this.

Good idea to keep the interest going while we wait.

Well done Eastbourne, love Question of Sport, don't know hardly any of the answers without cheating due to brain getting old plus only been an Eagle fan for a couple of years but I love reading Eagles website.

After last Saturday's I was really really looking forward to tonight's streaming of a meeting but then saw it will be the 2019 home nail biter against Leicester with the last heat decider. Anyone who wasn't there that night will really enjoy it, for those of us who were there - can you really bear to watch it again, don't know if I can, I'm still speechless over the score  (trying hard here not to give anything away to anyone who doesn't know what happened).  All I can say is watch it if you can !  Keep up the good work Eastbourne/Ian Jordan, we'll be back as fans and can't wait for the day. Stay safe everyone.

• Like 1

A really thoughtful and informative statement from Eastbourne Speedway directors this morning, published on the club website.

It really keeps fans in the picture and ends with some great ideas being planned for when we go racing again.

Love the idea of a track walk for all fans - I've been going to Arlington for umpteen years but have never set foot on the hallowed shale.

It is well worth a read, even if you are not an Eastbourne fan.

https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com/eastbourne-speedway-statement/

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

A really thoughtful and informative statement from Eastbourne Speedway directors this morning, published on the club website.

It really keeps fans in the picture and ends with some great ideas being planned for when we go racing again.

Love the idea of a track walk for all fans - I've been going to Arlington for umpteen years but have never set foot on the hallowed shale.

It is well worth a read, even if you are not an Eastbourne fan.

https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com/eastbourne-speedway-statement/

Also on the Speedwaygb website.  Good to see other clubs than Poole keeping the publicity going! ;)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Also on the Speedwaygb website.  Good to see other clubs than Poole keeping the publicity going! ;)

Eastbourne have published 11 stories on their website in the last week or so.

There have been more than 20 Facebook posts in the same period and around that number of posts on Twitter.

Eagles certainly going great guns on the publicity front.

Eagles v Pirates and Pirates v Eagles just has to be first home match for both teams once we get going, 

• Like 3

I wasn't knocking Eastbourne - full credit to them.  Its also about trying to reach a wider audience rather than just the club's own platforms.

Full Poole back page in the local Echo today, continued inside too.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

I wasn't knocking Eastbourne - full credit to them.  Its also about trying to reach a wider audience rather than just the club's own platforms.

Full Poole back page in the local Echo today, continued inside too.

Totally agree about the wider audience. We are fortunate down on our part of the south coast the local papers seem to have a reporter who knows about speedway and is in the know = plenty of column inches and also stuff on the web as well. 

Always seemed that way with your Echo...always had loads of speedway when I have been down that way, even in recent years. Phil Chard was the tops as a speedway reporter, I always thought. That's why I am pleased to see he is still writing in the Star during the winter.

Edited by Richard Weston
  • Like 2

Eastbourne through Eagles TV have a double header this weekend. Double the speedway on Saturday night.

See the website where you find Eagles TV if you are pining for your speedway fix.

Saturday would, of course, been the first home match of the Eagles' season.

I think those Eagles boys are as busy now as they are when the season is pounding along. Another super idea has come out today...you can't take your eyes off their social media or website, in case you miss the latest.

A virtual sweepstake on the Grand National.The photo is so funny...Lewi Kerr in pinned on the white line while the field goes round him on the outside - classic speedway move.

https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com/win-big-prizes-with-the-eagles-virtual-grand-national-sweepstake/

On 4/1/2020 at 2:07 PM, Richard Weston said:

Eastbourne through Eagles TV have a double header this weekend. Double the speedway on Saturday night.

See the website where you find Eagles TV if you are pining for your speedway fix.

Saturday would, of course, been the first home match of the Eagles' season.

not on facebook or twitter so can't join in but great idea again . i've just watched 2019 wittstock vs diedenbergen on you tube with nicki pedersen on one side and the spiller bros on the other so plenty of eastbourne interest there.