British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

7 hours ago, gee jay said:

not on facebook or twitter so can't join in but great idea again . i've just watched 2019 wittstock vs diedenbergen on you tube with nicki pedersen on one side and the spiller bros on the other so plenty of eastbourne interest there.

Pleased to say access to the Eastbourne matches is through the club website. Doesn't need Facebook or Twitter.

Here is the link for you.

https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com/eaglestv/

Matches still there - you can have a feast of speedway now.

Enjoy ....and, like you, looking forward to getting back to seeing the real thing at Arlington.

10 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Pleased to say access to the Eastbourne matches is through the club website. Doesn't need Facebook or Twitter.

Here is the link for you.

https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com/eaglestv/

Matches still there - you can have a feast of speedway now.

Enjoy ....and, like you, looking forward to getting back to seeing the real thing at Arlington.

thank you . 

• Like 1

If you are an Eastbourne fan - why not have a go at designing a set of bike covers. As always, some lovely prizes for these competitions. And it is not just for children. 

It's all on the club website.

Also, for fun, you can play a Question of Eagles Sport - one or two tricky questions in there and some easy ones too.

I point these things out to show that Eastbourne Eagles have not gone to sleep. We are all in isolation but the club are doing what they can to keep us amused.

Thanks...having something new keep popping up from the Eagles is good for the morale. Glad to see quite a number of other clubs have cottoned on.

After all, we are literally a captive audience at the moment.:D

Redcar v Eastbourne from last season on the Redcar Bears Facebook page tonight (Friday) at 19.45

Locked down in Sussex this afternoon, I was listening to local radio when up popped Ian Jordan. Nearly spilt my tea at 3 as Eastbourne featured in the BBC local radio Making a Difference segment.

Well done Ian...very positive and encouraging to listen to.

just sent in my all time 1-7 via the website . NICKI PEDERSEN , GORDON KENNETT , DAVE JESSUP , KELLY MORAN , JOE SCREEN , MARTIN DUGARD , MARK LORAM .

Edited by gee jay

8 hours ago, gee jay said:

just sent in my all time 1-7 via the website . NICKI PEDERSEN , GORDON KENNETT , DAVE JESSUP , KELLY MORAN , JOE SCREEN , MARTIN DUGARD , MARK LORAM .

Going to be fascinating to see who wins out.

My guess will be that it will end up a photofinish between Gordon Kennett from the golden days of the last century and Nicki Pedersen.

Diary of a Week in Lockdown by Jason Edwards now on Eastbourne website. 

Excellent and interesting piece from the young lad...he's a natural.

Eastbourne fans are getting a No 1 service from their club. 

• Like 1

Next Wednesday's (6th May) Pirates video re-wind is the 2011 Grand Final 2nd leg Poole v Eastbourne.

Eastbourne Speedway is carrying out a survey of supporters to gain information about how they would feel about going to Arlington to watch speedway, when the government gives the OK for events to be held.

This move by the Eagles is so right.

Firstly, it is wise to always put your customers uppermost in your thoughts and actions. 

You only know what the customer want by talking to them and listening. 

After all, the Customer is King.

Secondly, a policy of openness and transparency is always for the best because it builds trust.

Eastbourne Speedway fans have trust and this survey is so important for charting a way forward.

Well done again, Eagles. This is business management out of the top drawer.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Eastbourne Speedway is carrying out a survey of supporters to gain information about how they would feel about going to Arlington to watch speedway, when the government gives the OK for events to be held.

This move by the Eagles is so right.

Firstly, it is wise to always put your customers uppermost in your thoughts and actions. 

You only know what the customer want by talking to them and listening. 

After all, the Customer is King.

Secondly, a policy of openness and transparency is always for the best because it builds trust.

Eastbourne Speedway fans have trust and this survey is so important for charting a way forward.

Well done again, Eagles. This is business management out of the top drawer.

You are right about the Customer is King, BUT the fans aren't the only customers!!

All clubs have contractual arrangements with various different customers including sponsors, advertisers, suppliers, landlords etc.  It will depend on each club's financial balance sheet as to where they derive their maximum income from and therefore whose feedback might have the strongest opinion?! 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

You are right about the Customer is King, BUT the fans aren't the only customers!!

All clubs have contractual arrangements with various different customers including sponsors, advertisers, suppliers, landlords etc.  It will depend on each club's financial balance sheet as to where they derive their maximum income from and therefore whose feedback might have the strongest opinion?! 

I do agree with your thoughts but this is my personal experience with the Eastbourne management.

I advertise in a very small way with the club but they know I sponsor a rider with far more money and I'm a fan first and foremost.

They treat me and keep me informed really well, they are so appreciative of the small amount I give them but are just as appreciative of the support I give to one of their riders as they understand that benefits their business too. 

They will treatl fans, sponsors, helpers and anybody else with equal respect.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Of course, you are quite right - and the staff and the riders.

Eastbourne have those bases covered. I just picked out the fans in what I wrote, as I think they are the most important.

I have no idea of the figures but (guessing here) 90%+ of revenue will come from fans at CL level. Not sure at PL level with TV but I read on here that is probably not the pot of gold it once was with Sky.

As things stand, I sense a huge reluctance at the moment from the general public to rush back into things = no point on putting on speedway (or anything else, for that matter) if fans stay at home because they are scared of catch covid-19.

Eastbourne run a very customer-focused business.

Edited by Richard Weston

Busy couple of days for Eastbourne fans.

Floppy Norris is the ultimate Eagle, as voted for by us, the supporters. I was surprised at that.

Affiliates launched. What's that?

Simple concept - use the link on the Eastbourne website to visit the selected retailer and then make your purchase as usual. 

The craic is that by using the link from Eastbourne site, the Eagles get some money, 

Easy to do and helps us.

Merchandise is for 2020/21 -- great move in the current climate. Some nice stuff too.

Some retro lines for those inclined that way.

All we need now is speedway racing at Arlington. Keeping fingers well and truly crossed.

• Like 1