British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

I'm holding on to the hope of some speedway late-on at Arlington this year, after listening to Ian Jordan today.

Be great to get some action in 2020, even it is limited to some October action.

I wonder if Eagles will also have a run at NDL level. They've got the bones of a decent team, depending on the averages. 

A couple of CL-level matches, some ND, all backed with the MSDL Seagulls would be a real result.

with a favourable weather forecast i would certainly make the trip up

Edited by poole keith

1 hour ago, poole keith said:

with a favourable weather forecast i would certainly make the trip up

You will be most welcome--guess you will have to buy tickets in advance so numbers can be controlled and for people's name/addresses register for the track and trace folk.

We have to hope for a dry autumn. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

You will be most welcome--guess you will have to buy tickets in advance so numbers can be controlled and for people's name/addresses register for the track and trace folk.

We have to hope for a dry autumn. Fingers crossed. 

NL type standard or a challenge with Poole if they're up for it and stadium use at their end permitted? 

Edited by gazzac

I would say today's statement from Eastbourne Speedway is a model of how to communicate with supporters in a transparent and open way. It sets out what's been happening, the decisions that have been made and the reasons.

Now we know where we stand. It's all on the website.

• Like 3

Tom Brennan 4th in u21 semi today. Qualifies for the final. Well done Tom. What a result.

• Like 1

All across Meridian TV tonight....Tom Brennan’s remarkable story. Great coup for the Eagles to lead the region’s sport bulletin in 6 o clock news.

• Like 3

This weeks guest on the Talk Speedway Podcast for our ‘my life in speedway’ series is Martin Dugard

An insightful and honest interview about his career with the Eagles and beyond 

To listen search for Talk Speedway on iTunes, 

Spotify, Google Play or your preferred podcast app

Can also be listened to via our website https://www.talkspeedway.co.uk/

Where our back catalogue including the likes of Mark Loram, Carl Stonehewer and Sean Wilson can be heard also 

2010 Eastbourne v Poole in the KO Cup Final first leg on Pirates re-wind Wednesday 12th AUGUST.

Rotten luck for young Tom Brennan - broken collarbone practising in Poland!!!

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Rotten luck for young Tom Brennan - broken collarbone practising in Poland!!!

Shame, after the time and expense of travelling to Poland etc and looking promising in his first serious outing since his broken leg. I just hope he's not going to be one of those promising riders who's career never really takes off because of injury. He seems totally fearless, but needs a decent run with no more injuries.

24 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Shame, after the time and expense of travelling to Poland etc and looking promising in his first serious outing since his broken leg. I just hope he's not going to be one of those promising riders who's career never really takes off because of injury. He seems totally fearless, but needs a decent run with no more injuries.

He was preparing for the European U 19 final in Zarnovica Slovakia on Sunday which he obviously now misses.

On 8/22/2020 at 4:37 PM, Racin Jason 72 said:

What’s happening at the stadium?? The banger meeting has been cancelled and all further ones are TBC. 

Renovation and upgrade work, possibly (but do not hold your breath) including the long awaiting improvements of the toilets. 

I stopped by there at the start of the summer and it looked like there was some sort of work taking place as the main gates were unlocked and there were a lot of vehicles there.  In terms of speedway the club have said that they wouldn't be able to run meetings at any level until September at least due to the works on the stadium, without elaborating further.

It seems like Dugard and Co may be taking the enforced break as an opportunity to carry out some much needed work, but of course the speedway and the stadium are separate concerns these days so there is not a whole lot of information forthcoming.

• Thanks 1