British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

Still looking positive for Eastie after the BSPA statement. Whatever the exact makeup of the teams, points etc, with an all British team policy since we dropped to the NL to date, with Brennen, Kemp and Edwards our young British rider gateway is already in place, build the team around those 3 would be my choice.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2021 at 3:38 PM, gazzac said:

Still looking positive for Eastie after the BSPA statement. Whatever the exact makeup of the teams, points etc, with an all British team policy since we dropped to the NL to date, with Brennen, Kemp and Edwards our young British rider gateway is already in place, build the team around those 3 would be my choice.

It will be interesting to see if we can keep our 1-7, if so, we will have a very strong season...

32 minutes ago, M.D said:

It will be interesting to see if we can keep our 1-7, if so, we will have a very strong season...

Got a feeling they'll be a points lowering, or something similar, even so sure we'll have a strong team even if we have to make a change, just hoping we can still start with Jason and Drew at reserve.

• Like 1

Another fabulous free online magazine from the Eagles. Flying High is truly exceptional -- some excellent reading, super pictures -- just what is needed in these dark days of winter and Covid. Well done Eastbourne - makes you proud to say you are a fan when your club does something like this.

https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com/flyinghigh

• Like 1

So Eastbourne amongst the first to carry the SpeedwayGB announcement today - but no comment as to how it might affect their line-up?

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So Eastbourne amongst the first to carry the SpeedwayGB announcement today - but no comment as to how it might affect their line-up?

Probably the same team as 2020? Was under 41 with Edwards on a 2 and now 39 points for 6 riders and assuming Edwards now a grade 2 should fit in the new system ? 

3 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Probably the same team as 2020? Was under 41 with Edwards on a 2 and now 39 points for 6 riders and assuming Edwards now a grade 2 should fit in the new system ? 

Yes I understand that. I guess I was wondering if all the youngsters are to be graded on either of the 2 'Rising Star' grades, and every club has to have at least one, will there be enough to go around without pinching a couple from a team such as Eastbourne?

I wonder if fans will get to see the Rising Star grading lists?

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Yes I understand that. I guess I was wondering if all the youngsters are to be graded on either of the 2 'Rising Star' grades, and every club has to have at least one, will there be enough to go around without pinching a couple from a team such as Eastbourne?

I wonder if fans will get to see the Rising Star grading lists?

Suppose until we see/know the list we won't know for sure,  but Brennen was over 6 (before the reduction) and think Kemp was in the upper 3 point range. Would imagine they may not be graded reserves in the championship at those averages especially Brennan on that average, aiming to bring on the likes of Edwards/Gilkes etc. No dought we'll know by May.

1 hour ago, tractorboy said:

Says on the Eagles Facebook page the side remains unchanged for this year

:t:just hope there's some speedway now.

1 hour ago, tractorboy said:

Yes, the story is on the website. Fantastic news that we will have our magnificent seven back for 2021.

A British team that we can all relate to. 

As others have said, fingers crossed we can get started at the beginning of May.

Looks like infections are falling in East Sussex, according to figures from the BBC.

• Like 1

Glad that Eastournes British first policy had paid off. With other sides making adjustments the Eagles look stronger than ever, just hope some teams put up a decent challenge at Arlington.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tractorboy said:

Well their team looks far stronger than Kent & Newcastle then!

• Like 1

Eastbourne look to be the best team in the league by a long way imo,good luck!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Yes, the story is on the website. Fantastic news that we will have our magnificent seven back for 2021.

A British team that we can all relate to. 

As others have said, fingers crossed we can get started at the beginning of May.

Looks like infections are falling in East Sussex, according to figures from the BBC.

Wait while people start getting bored & decide to have a day out raising the infection rate like it did in East Yorkshire & East Lincolnshire last year.

Good luck with the all British team, though. :t: