British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

53 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Would think not, no need to and they don't  want to, team announcement has already been made on the Eagles website.

team annoucements in speedway carry little or no credibility:rofl:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

team annoucements in speedway carry little or no credibility:rofl:

Obviously not an Eastie fan, our announcements are always 100% credible and always have been:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, gazzac said:

Obviously not an Eastie fan, our announcements are always 100% credible and always have been:)

He's worried, pay no attention 

7 minutes ago, M.D said:

He's worried, pay no attention 

I'm not worried at all personally hope all teams can stay same just don't see it 

4 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

I'm not worried at all personally hope all teams can stay same just don't see it 

Don't we all and we all hope to see some racing, Eagles will line up as expected..

23 hours ago, M.D said:

Don't we all and we all hope to see some racing, Eagles will line up as expected..

I don't think anyone will line up as expected because I can't see any league racing happening.

7 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

I don't think anyone will line up as expected because I can't see any league racing happening.

Just to confirm what will happen at Eastie.

If there is any league racing this year the Eagles will line up as expected. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gazzac said:

Just to confirm what will happen at Eastie.

If there is any league racing this year the Eagles will line up as expected. 

I really hope you are right but can't see it happening

1 hour ago, Moranboys said:

I really hope you are right but can't see it happening

For what it's worth, I don't see any league racing this season in the UK either, so hypothetically the Eagles will line up as stated.

Edited by M.D

2 hours ago, M.D said:

For what it's worth, I don't see any league racing this season in the UK either, so hypothetically the Eagles will line up as stated.

But they won't line up if they can,t line up......so to speak.

1 hour ago, Moranboys said:

But they won't line up if they can,t line up......so to speak.

Woosh

for any team to be able to line up as expected ...... fans will have to be allowed to enter and leave the track viewing areas in an organised manner  - so crowd marshalls will be needed.  Limits will have to be put on how many fans can congregate in their favourite areas (e.g. start line , first and second bends )  Tracks with grandstands will have to tape off seating to ensure spacing, tracks with grassy piles of mud will have to be somehow provide spacing between spectators. Access to snack bars will have to be marshalled. 

One COVID  case and the entire sport will be closed down with racing behind closed doors only.

Lets see if any spectator sports get the go ahead for fans to attend before May.

• Sad 2

If any sport waits for Covid to be eradicated the sport will be eradicated before Covid. 

I assume you've not visited a supermarket or been out for nearly a year 

I'm approaching 70, visited very well organised meeting at Plymouth in September with 400 to 500 others. 

I've been to non League soccer in Autumn with similar crowds. 

No reason why Speedway can't start at any UK stadium once lockdown ended and spectator sports allowed. 

If you don't want to go that's your choice, if many of us vaccinated wish to go I'm sure that we will. 

• Like 2

Hostile response there H Gould :) ......and you can be as hostile as you like  to me BUT until the Government allows spectators to attend sports then it WILL not happen.  You may well have gone to Plymouth and non league soccer ..... but  that was when spectators were allowed (albeit briefly) to attend. 

You raise supermarkets .... well the ones I have visited are marshalled to regulate numbers - one customer at a time, form an orderly queue to be let in. 

We agree on one point........that there is no reason once lockdown has been lifted and spectator sports allowed then speedway can start.  My opinion is that minor spectator sports such as speedway  will not be high on the priority list to be re opened.  

And yes, I have been vaccinated and will make MY choice when I see the crowd management measures put in place as to whether I want to resume  watching speedway.

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Hostile response there H Gould :) ......and you can be as hostile as you like  to me BUT until the Government allows spectators to attend sports then it WILL not happen.  You may well have gone to Plymouth and non league soccer ..... but  that was when spectators were allowed (albeit briefly) to attend. 

You raise supermarkets .... well the ones I have visited are marshalled to regulate numbers - one customer at a time, form an orderly queue to be let in. 

We agree on one point........that there is no reason once lockdown has been lifted and spectator sports allowed then speedway can start.  My opinion is that minor spectator sports such as speedway  will not be high on the priority list to be re opened.  

And yes, I have been vaccinated and will make MY choice when I see the crowd management measures put in place as to whether I want to resume  watching speedway.

Not hostile at all just pointing out the blatantly obvious 

I hope that you feel reassured enough to venture out. 

Proper stewarding will be required at all tracks

• Like 2