British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

It's all down to personal choice. I had no problem attending a few speedway meetings last summer and multiple non league football matches from August till December. Being a key worker, I've had the jab, but i can understand why some people won't want to mix with crowds at sporting events. For me personally, i can't wait for it to start.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

for any team to be able to line up as expected ...... fans will have to be allowed to enter and leave the track viewing areas in an organised manner  - so crowd marshalls will be needed.  Limits will have to be put on how many fans can congregate in their favourite areas (e.g. start line , first and second bends )  Tracks with grandstands will have to tape off seating to ensure spacing, tracks with grassy piles of mud will have to be somehow provide spacing between spectators. Access to snack bars will have to be marshalled. 

One COVID  case and the entire sport will be closed down with racing behind closed doors only.

Lets see if any spectator sports get the go ahead for fans to attend before May.

What you set out is not rocket science and lots of sports clubs have already done that. Football clubs have had fans in and so have stock cars.

There are people around who know how to do these things and no doubt they will share it with others who ask.

Bumper edition of Eastbourne online magazine Flying High now out. Packed with stuff. In fact, so much to read that I haven't had time to get through half of it.

What a nice surprise to find Lee Kilby is coming to Eastbourne for 2021...successful clubs need a good team on track and a good team behind the scenes and the Eagles going very much that way. Success breeds success.

Some quite wide-ranging stuff  in there, as well, that goes beyond Eastbourne.

And it's free - what a gift to fans from the club you support.

My only complaint is that I've not been asked back to do another column but guess that's good news for everyone else.:)

• Haha 2

Good move for the club with Lee Kilby. I confess I was thinking from previous posts that Eastbourne were already 'the dogs..........'!!

More positivity and forward thinking from Eastbourne - can the management take over the BSPA, as they actually seem to know what they are doing!

Booked my ticket for the double header with Newcastle, catching up with a couple of friends who like myself, have not been for a few seasons.

Sounds like interest is high at Eastie with a few guys coming out of the woodwork to attend agin..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Congratulations to Eastbourne for being first to publicise their arrangements for managing meetings for the start of the 2021 season under  Covid 19 guidelines.

The level of detail is impressive. People know exactly what's what.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Congratulations to Eastbourne for being first to publicise their arrangements for managing meetings for the start of the 2021 season under  Covid 19 guidelines.

9 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

The level of detail is impressive. People know exactly what's what.

You'd hope other teams would have a look and follow suit. With everything in life the worst thing is the unknown, at least for the early part of the season coming to Eastie as you say everyone knows exactly what's what and hopefully everyone will follow the arrangements. 

Open and honest about pricing and pricing aspirations too. Excellent treatment of season ticket and 10 in advance ticket holders. Also standalone prices for NDL are exactly where they should be for the level of racing. Eastbourne leading the way once again. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, gazzac said:

You'd hope other teams would have a look and follow suit. With everything in life the worst thing is the unknown, at least for the early part of the season coming to Eastie as you say everyone knows exactly what's what and hopefully everyone will follow the arrangements. 

This really is a template that other clubs can use, adapted to their particular circumstances. BSPL would do well to point all member clubs to the Eastbourne site.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Open and honest about pricing and pricing aspirations too. Excellent treatment of season ticket and 10 in advance ticket holders. Also standalone prices for NDL are exactly where they should be for the level of racing. Eastbourne leading the way once again. 

Agree....Wish Kent was so forward thinking.

Also wish would do the 10 meetings tickets?

And £10 is the correct price for NDL...imho.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Wish we would know our proposed starting 7 ? :D

Probably better off not knowing for as long as possible....saves the disappointment being dragged out

• Like 1

6 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

Agree....Wish Kent was so forward thinking.

Also wish would do the 10 meetings tickets?

And £10 is the correct price for NDL...imho.

Always nice to consider that lower prices should be what we enjoy.  Sadly, in real life it is rarely true. Take my hat off to Eastbourne for

announcing a £10 price for National League.  Week-end tracks have always had an advantage over the rest, going back to my earliest

days watching Speedway. They do seem to have all things ready and deserve to succeed business-wise. It ensures a future for Sussex

fans. If clubs lose money, they disappear.

• Like 1