British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

15 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Always nice to consider that lower prices should be what we enjoy.  Sadly, in real life it is rarely true. Take my hat off to Eastbourne for

announcing a £10 price for National League.  Week-end tracks have always had an advantage over the rest, going back to my earliest

days watching Speedway. They do seem to have all things ready and deserve to succeed business-wise. It ensures a future for Sussex

fans. If clubs lose money, they disappear.

Good price structure, forward thinking all im hoping for now is that Eastbourne link up with Knockhatch & Drusillas in the future to offer some kind of combo day and night entertainment ticket and i might have to stop saying bad things about them ;)

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Good price structure, forward thinking all im hoping for now is that Eastbourne link up with Knockhatch & Drusillas in the future to offer some kind of combo day and night entertainment ticket and i might have to stop saying bad things about them ;)

Great idea - might be worth suggesting it to them.

As a matter of interest what was the Eagles Adult pricing in 2019 compared to what is stated for 2021?

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

You are quite right that it is a good idea...in fact, such a good idea that prior to the 2020 season, Eastbourne announced news of reciprocal arrangements with Knockhatch, the new skate park on the seafront at Eastbourne (I'm sure you will want to have a go:)) and some of the resort's hotels.

I'm sure they would have approached Drusillas as the zoo is so close to Arlington but I don't know about that, just a surmise. 

These are the sort of things the promotion at Eastbourne are hot on..building links with the whole community of Eastbourne and the surrounding towns and villages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

You are quite right that it is a good idea...in fact, such a good idea that prior to the 2020 season, Eastbourne announced news of reciprocal arrangements with Knockhatch, the new skate park on the seafront at Eastbourne (I'm sure you will want to have a go:)) and some of the resort's hotels.

I'm sure they would have approached Drusillas as the zoo is so close to Arlington but I don't know about that, just a surmise. 

These are the sort of things the promotion at Eastbourne are hot on..building links with the whole community of Eastbourne and the surrounding towns and villages.

and here was me thinking im ahead of the curve but yet again Eastbourne beat me too it (i can't find any info on the website at present but doesn't mean its not there).

as for the skate park whilst im sure many would gladly like to see me have a go and i can assure you it will 100% result in broken bones (that may inspire some to want to see it more) 

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

and here was me thinking im ahead of the curve but yet again Eastbourne beat me too it (i can't find any info on the website at present but doesn't mean its not there).

as for the skate park whilst im sure many would gladly like to see me have a go and i can assure you it will 100% result in broken bones (that may inspire some to want to see it more) 

Ski slope first at knockatch and then skateboard. And they say speedway is dangerous 

• Haha 3

On 3/11/2021 at 11:49 AM, mmmmethanol said:

Great idea - might be worth suggesting it to them.

Eastbourne Management are really good at keeping fans informed. There is an update on the  Eastbourne website explaining online ticketing, double header pricing etc.  I'd suggest anyone who is thinking of possibly taking a trip to Arlington this season reads the article asap and pass the word round as basically it's online tickets purchased in advance entry only as there will be no pay at the gate for probably the whole season.  A short bit from the update is below, just wish other promotions were so pro active:-

"We will have to work under ONLINE pay in advance Ticketing Arrangements for most, if not all of the 2021 season.

We are trying to make as many supporters as possible aware of this via the Club website and social media, and to all fans who registered for updates via our website, which is free and easy to do."

15 hours ago, hammer1969 said:

Eastbourne Management are really good at keeping fans informed. There is an update on the  Eastbourne website explaining online ticketing, double header pricing etc.  I'd suggest anyone who is thinking of possibly taking a trip to Arlington this season reads the article asap and pass the word round as basically it's online tickets purchased in advance entry only as there will be no pay at the gate for probably the whole season.  A short bit from the update is below, just wish other promotions were so pro active:-

"We will have to work under ONLINE pay in advance Ticketing Arrangements for most, if not all of the 2021 season.

We are trying to make as many supporters as possible aware of this via the Club website and social media, and to all fans who registered for updates via our website, which is free and easy to do."

Some clubs are clearly waiting on further Govt confirmation of attendances and social distancing regs allowed at their respective stadia bearing in mind the varying stadium capacities at all clubs.

BTW - As a matter of interest what was the Eagles Adult pricing in 2019 compared to what is stated for 2021?

Edited by Skidder1

19 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Some clubs are clearly waiting on further Govt confirmation of attendances and social distancing regs allowed at their respective stadia bearing in mind the varying stadium capacities at all clubs.

BTW - As a matter of interest what was the Eagles Adult pricing in 2019 compared to what is stated for 2021?

Sorry I'm not sure, 2019 seems such a long time ago and 2020 I would rather forget.

26 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I went 3 x to see Brummies / Leicester and paid £16 as a concession I'm pretty sure so don't think it's changed from then based on their website details for 2021.

Easy for them to be ahead of some others as I recall they had Stock Car meetings late in 2020 so will know minimum numbers permitted from that.

Would think Scunthorpe, Leicester , Plymouth know numbers allowed too from 2020.

• Like 1

Agree with others on here that Eastbourne's Promotion do seem to be proactive in informing the public how they see speedway taking place at their track in 2021. 

There's no rocket science involved, just plain common sense and communicating with the public to assure them that their health and safey is being taken seriously and managed.  

Most other clubs appear to be sitting on the air fence and waiting for ........... ?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Agree with others on here that Eastbourne's Promotion do seem to be proactive in informing the public how they see speedway taking place at their track in 2021. 

There's no rocket science involved, just plain common sense and communicating with the public to assure them that their health and safey is being taken seriously and managed.  

Most other clubs appear to be sitting on the air fence and waiting for ........... ?

,,,,waiting for final confirmation that the season will start on the dates currently being assumed.

18 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

,,,,waiting for final confirmation that the season will start on the dates currently being assumed.

Costs very little to plan like Eastbourne have and can adjust it pretty quickly, waiting for confirmation the season will start will lead to the usual last minute panic and bad organisation of most of the promotions if and when it does. 

• Haha 1

nice little april fool gag on the website , but didn't fool me for a second .

• Like 1