British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

Lee Kilby does a fantastic job at Swindon, will do the same at Eastbourne. Good Luck for 2021 Eagles.

• Like 2

I see both Tom and Drew are now in the World Under 21 Qualifiers on June 12th.

This clashes with the Edinburgh league match  does it mean 2 guests.  Difficult to replace them but neither was the RS in the team so presumably anyone within the average?

1 hour ago, Hunters said:

I see both Tom and Drew are now in the World Under 21 Qualifiers on June 12th.

This clashes with the Edinburgh league match  does it mean 2 guests.  Difficult to replace them but neither was the RS in the team so presumably anyone within the average?

Why should it be guests?

I think the obvious way forward is R/R for one (Tom) and a chance for a Seagull to become an Eagle. Look at the score chart from Leicester last week and there are your likely candidates.

It will another reason why those with ambition will want to shine with the Seagulls.

Growing Our Own is very much the way forward for Eastbourne and I would suggest the rest of British Speedway.

Nathan Ablitt's travel bill to Arlington is hardly likely to break the bank, just for example, rather than importing someone from half-way across the country. (for those of you who don't know Nathan lives within earshot of Arlington).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

Why should it be guests?

I think the obvious way forward is R/R for one (Tom) and a chance for a Seagull to become an Eagle. Look at the score chart from Leicester last week and there are your likely candidates.

It will another reason why those with ambition will want to shine with the Seagulls.

Growing Our Own is very much the way forward for Eastbourne and I would suggest the rest of British Speedway.

Nathan Ablitt's travel bill to Arlington is hardly likely to break the bank, just for example, rather than importing someone from half-way across the country. (for those of you who don't know Nathan lives within earshot of Arlington).

Probably at championship level at the moment would go for r/r for Tom and Jake Knight for Drew, a lot of experience at Arlington, maybe just a too big a step for Nathan at present even for one meeting, but certainly by the end of the season think he'll be near that level.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Probably at championship level at the moment would go for r/r for Tom and Jake Knight for Drew, a lot of experience at Arlington, maybe just a too big a step for Nathan at present even for one meeting, but certainly by the end of the season think he'll be near that level.

Out of interest can Jake guest in the CL? Would he be eligible as an unattached 3 pointer or does his previous league average apply? I know he is on the rising star list so in theory can guest for teams in need of a RS with an allowance up to 3 stars but can he step in and guest in the conventional manner? 

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Out of interest can Jake guest in the CL? Would he be eligible as an unattached 3 pointer or does his previous league average apply? I know he is on the rising star list so in theory can guest for teams in need of a RS with an allowance up to 3 stars but can he step in and guest in the conventional manner? 

I'll check in the rules, probably get back to you within the week,although no need to really as very few seem to apply at the moment!:rolleyes: I would imagine both scenarios would be ok to be honest but not 100% sure.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gazzac said:

I'll check in the rules, probably get back to you within the week,although no need to really as very few seem to apply at the moment!:rolleyes: I would imagine both scenarios would be ok to be honest but not 100% sure.

The eligibility of NDL riders to guest in the Championship used to be noted on the NDL Green Sheet, that information doesn't appear so far this season.

Eastbourne's team Rising Star level is 2*, as Jake Knight is a 3* rider he couldn't guest for Eastbourne in that position,  his eligibility to guest in another position would be based on his applicable NDL average divided by 2.

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

The eligibility of NDL riders to guest in the Championship used to be noted on the NDL Green Sheet, that information doesn't appear so far this season.

Eastbourne's team Rising Star level is 2*, as Jake Knight is a 3* rider he couldn't guest for Eastbourne in that position,  his eligibility to guest in another position would be based on his applicable NDL average divided by 2.

Thanks, so looks out of the equation at reserve and unlikely to guest for Tom, although think the average would allow, unless we get a dispensation as the 2 riders are in an official international event riding for GB? Of course there are some good 2* riders we could use as a guest, although already said by Richard, perhaps give Nathan Abblit a go as around Arlington he's probably as good as most of the 2* riders.

Edited by gazzac

14 hours ago, gazzac said:

Thanks, so looks out of the equation at reserve and unlikely to guest for Tom, although think the average would allow, unless we get a dispensation as the 2 riders are in an official international event riding for GB? Of course there are some good 2* riders we could use as a guest, although already said by Richard, perhaps give Nathan Abblit a go as around Arlington he's probably as good as most of the 2* riders.

But Jason is our Rising Star not Drew so Jake would presumably be available if his average fits but I seem to remember him having a CL Average of about 2.8 in around 2017.

1 hour ago, Hunters said:

But Jason is our Rising Star not Drew so Jake would presumably be available if his average fits but I seem to remember him having a CL Average of about 2.8 in around 2017.

I couldn't remember that about the rising star being Jason and not Drew, and did notice on the list Drew was a 3* anyway if he had been the rising star in our team, assuming Jake would have been ok on that front anyway. Think his average was around the 2.8 as you say, so should be ok to ride if thats the route they choose.

Extract from club website preview of this weekends NDL meeting:

‘We will be issuing a Club Statement about the general situation affecting Eastbourne and all Clubs on Friday morning.’

Fingers crossed this isn’t bad news.

2 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

Extract from club website preview of this weekends NDL meeting:

‘We will be issuing a Club Statement about the general situation affecting Eastbourne and all Clubs on Friday morning.’

Fingers crossed this isn’t bad news.

This is not in the preview of the NDL meeting it can be found under Eagles v Diamonds Update

Checking the Speedway Star and it has averages listed as : 

Lawson 9.63

Lewi Kerr 8.67 

Tom Brennan 7.00 

Drew Kemp 6.67

Kyle Newman 6.67 

Edward Kennett 5.60 

Jason Edwards 4.94 

Poole are making changes with Zane Keleher heading around the South Coast to Plymouth to take advantage of his higher average.

Could Kennett ride at reserve or is that not possible with new reserve system. Did read that only 7 riders in Premiership are not doubling up ; so for any club considering changes due to injury or loss of form there is not a great deal of option. 

1 minute ago, Hackett said:

Checking the Speedway Star and it has averages listed as : 

Lawson 9.63

Lewi Kerr 8.67 

Tom Brennan 7.00 

Drew Kemp 6.67

Kyle Newman 6.67 

Edward Kennett 5.60 

Jason Edwards 4.94 

Poole are making changes with Zane Keleher heading around the South Coast to Plymouth to take advantage of his higher average.

Could Kennett ride at reserve or is that not possible with new reserve system. Did read that only 7 riders in Premiership are not doubling up ; so for any club considering changes due to injury or loss of form there is not a great deal of option. 

Whilst Kennet is averaging 5.60 this season his rolling average is 7.96 making him the second highest in the team.