British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

32 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Mentioned a financial restructuring is taking place and was optimistic it could be sorted in “ a few days”  To see EB complete the season 

"financial restructuring" we all know what that means in speedway circles, reduce riders wages & withdraw any guarantees! Facts are most other cost are fixed. Any rider not agreeing to a new deal can go to Glasgow.

I honestly hope the problem is resolved & Eastboune are around next season. 

2 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

"financial restructuring" we all know what that means in speedway circles, reduce riders wages & withdraw any guarantees! Facts are most other cost are fixed. Any rider not agreeing to a new deal can go to Glasgow.

I honestly hope the problem is resolved & Eastboune are around next season. 

What is the fixation, or maybe bitterness, with Glasgow?

If reducing wages at Eastbourne is a possibility, then does that not suggest that the club were paying too much to begin with?

• Like 7

The only rumours I have seen are Lawson refused to ride at Leicester in ht 15, the size of the debt with the stadium owners and that EK and RL have left ?? Hopefully they can resolve the situation and speedway can continue at Arlington. Time will tell .... "Fingers Crossed" 

From the Edinburgh Monarchs website .... those who have the Northern Tour hotels booked - the 1st leg is definately off the schdule. 

12 minutes ago, Hackett said:

From the Edinburgh Monarchs website .... those who have the Northern Tour hotels booked - the 1st leg is definately off the schdule. 

I would expect the rest to follow. How can the away wages be paid with no income. Fingers crossed for a lottery winner, with a few quid to spare!

Not looking good for Eastbourne, See on the Birmingham website, 1st September should have been Brum v Eastbourne is now Brum v Poole,

18 minutes ago, Argos said:

Not looking good for Eastbourne, See on the Birmingham website, 1st September should have been Brum v Eastbourne is now Brum v Poole,

Thats because both are Wednesday tracks and Poole have a home meeting on Friday 3rd September to allow for Brum to retain their Wednesday.

Good co-operation between the clubs.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Looking at the latest updated fixture list the next home meetings are Saturday September 4th vs Newcastle, then Sunday Sept  5th vs Berwick . 

Think you will find those fixtures are the other way round Bob and at present I can't see either happening...

Regards 

THJ 

SAT 4TH NEWCASTLE   7.30PM CHAMPIONSHIP                  
SUN 5TH - BERWICK PROVISIONAL   CHAMPIONSHIP
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Think you will find those fixtures are the other way round Bob and at present I can't see either happening...

Regards 

THJ 

That would mean Newcastle cancelling their home match with Edinburgh to go down to the South Coast. Think you've got the wrong end of the stick.

24 minutes ago, arnieg said:

That would mean Newcastle cancelling their home match with Edinburgh to go down to the South Coast. Think you've got the wrong end of the stick.

Honestly

Now who feels stupid... Bob is on about Eastbourne at home... Doh...

Apologies... but I still think they wont happen...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Now who feels stupid... Bob is on about Eastbourne at home... Doh...

Apologies... but I still think they wont happen...

Regards 

THJ 

Arr,,, a was just about to say, if you walk to Forest Hall with a grand in an envelope, I would have put you right. ;)

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Arr,,, a was just about to say, if you walk to Forest Hall with a grand in an envelope, I would have put you right. ;)

Honestly 

Like the hedgehog said climbing off the scrubbing brush...

Anyone can make a mistake...

To be fair mind how often will it happen seeing us on a Saturday and then Berwick on a Sunday at the same venue over the same weekend...

After Arnie put that it took about 10 minutes for the penny to drop and I checked the fixtures on the BSPL site and realised I had dropped a Bolo...

Never mind I now have the right end of the stick...

But if I'm totally honest I even had the wrong team because it's bloody Kent who are up this Saturday at Berwick then on the Sunday at Brough...

Big tea and an hour's kip and I'm all over the spot...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/18/2021 at 6:54 PM, cityrebel said:

Riders or fans!

2 are coming from Sheffield if the away team needs a Duo of support.