British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

3 minutes ago, orion said:

Of course it matters quite clearly not to you but to the  majority it will ... People go to  watch there  team win 

Only if they've been indoctrinated that winning is everything.  Plenty of regular attendees (note l don't say fans) go to a speedway be entertained, to enjoy a night out in convivial company and to watch a good contest, good racing and a thrill and spill.   Your team wins, yes that's nice too, but it shouldn't be everything.

• Like 4

IF the BSPL are holding things up with statements etc what about the riders?

If the club is going to close they are running out of time to get fixed up elsewhere..

• Like 3

Just now, crescent girl said:

Only if they've been indoctrinated that winning is everything.  Plenty of regular attendees (note l don't say fans) go to a speedway be entertained, to enjoy a night out in convivial company and to watch a good contest, good racing and a thrill and spill.   Your team wins, yes that's nice too, but it shouldn't be everything.

The fact remains in nearly every sport a winning team will get bigger crowds  .. you might not like it but that is how it is 

• Like 1

As the days go by and  further  anonymous “ holding statements” are put out  the more tenuous EB speedway’s  future under Jordan/Fineing becomes. The difficulty that BSPL have is the speedway club is owned by 2 directors outside the jurisdiction of BSPL. Neither they nor the 2 promoters appear to have the collateral to clear debt and to sustain the speedway operation. The limited liability of Eastbourne Eagles Ltd. Is £100. 

Sadly, I would suggest that unless the next home meeting on Sept 4th takes place, they will cease operations. The fixture disruption being caused seems almost irrecoverable before the play off date, and they have a KO cup fixture to complete. 

The late Jon Cook was another director, and would have similarly been outside the membership of the BSPL. I suspect that his previous promotion at Lakeside with Stuart Douglas , which ended unceremoniously allegedly owing money to riders prevented either taking up another promoters licence?

Not for nothing the Dugard family have let out  the speedway and stocks operations to others since the passing of Bob Dugard. I am sure they have decided they wanted no more direct involvement , but they expect a reasonable rental for use of their asset. 

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

As the days go by and  further  anonymous “ holding statements” are put out  the more tenuous EB speedway’s  future under Jordan/Fineing becomes. The difficulty that BSPL have is the speedway club is owned by 2 directors outside the jurisdiction of BSPL. Neither they nor the 2 promoters appear to have the collateral to clear debt and to sustain the speedway operation. The limited liability of Eastbourne Eagles Ltd. Is £100. 

Sadly, I would suggest that unless the next home meeting on Sept 4th takes place, they will cease operations. The fixture disruption being caused seems almost irrecoverable before the play off date, and they have a KO cup fixture to complete. 

The late Jon Cook was another director, and would have similarly been outside the membership of the BSPL. I suspect that his previous promotion at Lakeside with Stuart Douglas , which ended unceremoniously allegedly owing money to riders prevented either taking up another promoters licence?

Not for nothing the Dugard family have let out  the speedway and stocks operations to others since the passing of Bob Dugard. I am sure they have decided they wanted no more direct involvement , but they expect a reasonable rental for use of their asset. 

My understanding is that, under BSPL rules, directors, owners and promoters are treated the same. 

Edited by Wee Eck

3 hours ago, M.D said:

Apparently there was a short statement but this has now been removed from the website

Obviously Godfrey running down the transfer clock.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, speedwaysliders said:

maybe ive missed a lot of the info to the build up to this season,but does anyone think the sad passing of Jon Cook was the start of things to come,as he had so much knowledge of how to go about things and get them done,a massive loss to the sport let alone eastbourne.Also dont the Dugard family have any input into the running of the club? I really dont understand how Eastbourne get themselves in this mess time and time again when they have all the assets of the stadium to full back on,either to promote other things specially during the holiday season,it cant be that much differance to Poole who DONT own the stadium but have made a fine go of it over the years(i know they are even struggleing at the moment).I know that other fans done on the south coast,most prob wont enjoy what im about to say but  why not ALL CLUB OWNERS just pull together and promote SPEEDWAY down there,trying to attract old fans to travel,and also promote new blood coming in.

Difference being Poole is next to the town centre and Eastbourne is in the middle of nowhere. I'm sure that doesn't make it easy for them.

37 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Obviously Godfrey running down the transfer clock.

You bet he will have Lawson signed on already for Scunthorpe. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bendonebunching said:

Just been announced at Plymouth that the match against Eastbourne on the 7th September is off.

So that seems to be it, why the BSPL have asked them to delay the announcement is beyond me, obviously they want to give riders time to get fixed up NOT, ohh i forgot Scunthorpe are in the running for the Piss Ups..

• Like 1

If Eastbourne pull out Leicester lose 7pts,is anyone from Leicester on the mc:blink:

11 minutes ago, Bendonebunching said:

Just been announced at Plymouth that the match against Eastbourne on the 7th September is off.

Oh dear!! If they are already calling off meetings 2 weeks away then yes that does appear to be it.

Really bad news for Eastbourne and British Speedway if it happens.

1 minute ago, lewy said:

If Eastbourne pull out Leicester lose 7pts,is anyone from Leicester on the mc:blink:

Yes, Leicester speedway owner Damien Bates 

4 minutes ago, Marky_Mark said:

Yes, Leicester speedway owner Damien Bates 

Oh dear!