British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

The life of an airfence must also be related to the number of times it is "hit " by an opposition rider being shoved into the fence on bends 1 and 2 ? (and occasionally on bends 3 and 4 too) 

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

I would say that a minority of fences stay up all season. Any track that shares with stock cars, greyhounds or other arena events will have to be taken down (or maybe just dropped for greyhounds) regularly.

I would say that only Belle Vue in the Premiership could leave the fence up all season.

I guess Edinburgh, Leicester, Redcar and Plymouth of the Campionship may be able to leave the fence up long term.

Berwick's polyfoam fence stays up as well

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

I guess Edinburgh, Leicester, Redcar and Plymouth of the Campionship may be able to leave the fence up long term.

Glasgow and probably Berwick too.

3 hours ago, iainb said:

Seems a bit excessive to have to buy a whole new fence in one go... why don't clubs buy a few panels a year to spread the cost or even lease them like companies do with other high cost assets?

1. It takes us over half a day to put up the airfence

2. Because the safety certificate is for the airfence not each individual panel.

Just now, W9 Lion said:

1. It takes us over half a day to put up the airfence

2. Because the safety certificate is for the airfence not each individual panel.

Who issues the safety certificate?

3 hours ago, Jimsboy said:

Ian Jordon been on Sussex Radio saying investors have come forward to him and Les Fineing and be looking to start new company for start next season. 

Obviously it won't be their company running it i presume. 

Why don't the investors come in now and pay of the debts instead of leaving other people out of pocket.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, rocket007 said:

Why don't the investors come in now and pay of the debts instead of leaving other people out of pocket.

Ian stated he's told them to start up fresh.

8 minutes ago, rocket007 said:

Yeah, sure....

How did that work at Newcastle, when an outgoing, failed promotion stitched Rob Grant up?

• Like 1

Link to Ian Jordan interview, if Link it doesnt work try googling Sussex Radio Ian Jordan interview, thats how I found it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09t96s5

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimsboy said:

Ian stated he's told them to start up fresh.

So it's ok for Eastbourne to run up big debts, close down then re-open under a different company not owing anything. What about the poor sod's out of pocket, or is that just tough luck. If Eastbourne want to open again, all previous debts should be paid off first.

9 minutes ago, rocket007 said:

So it's ok for Eastbourne to run up big debts, close down then re-open under a different company not owing anything. What about the poor sod's out of pocket, or is that just tough luck. If Eastbourne want to open again, all previous debts should be paid off first.

Ian has said he wants to settle all debts in the next 4-6 weeks.

It would be fair to give him that timescale before we hang him...

• Like 2

Paying off all debts before the company is wound up in 4-6 weeks is exactly what Ian Jordan said they are going to do and I'm sure they will be true to their words.  Any new management coming in at Eastbourne I am sure won't end up like Newcastle promoters have.  Love  or hate my next comment but most people learn from their mistakes and I for one would go back to Eastbourne in 2022 if Ian Jordan was still in charge as I saw the efforts put in by that promotion during 2019 to bring in new supporters.

• Like 1

If anyone came in to promote Eastbourne next season, they wouldn’t have anything to do with this failed businesses debt. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If anyone came in to promote Eastbourne next season, they wouldn’t have anything to do with this failed businesses debt. 

Agree, let this promotion clear its own debts and hopefully somebody else will take the club on next season..

24 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Link to Ian Jordan interview, if Link it doesnt work try googling Sussex Radio Ian Jordan interview, thats how I found it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09t96s5

Thank you Hammer 1969 for the link - I have listened to it and indeed hope all debts are paid off in due course - And for the many that go I hope the Eagles come back next year - I class myself as a fan but have not been down to Arlington for about 3 years - I used to go regularly years ago following Wimbledon’s closure but gradually stopped as I found other speedway tracks offering better racing - trips to proper racetracks like Peterborough, Scunthorpe, Redcar, Perry Barr, and the king of them all the NSS - and this year regularly going to Central Park where until the last two meetings the racing has been really good especially when Scotty and Paul Starke miss the gate - I do however follow and cheer for the Eagles at away meetings - If racing does return next year I for one would like to see the track re-designed - Anyone else think it should be re-designed? - Or are fans happy with the current shape? -