British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

53 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

I had no intention of argueing, especially the toss, just showing you the relevant section from the rule book regarding track certification. It's eight plus pages so I dont have the time to upload it onto here.

No problem... so it is self imposed by the speedway authorities then, that's all I was asking

1 hour ago, PowerfulPierre said:

They have a "shelf life" of a number of years as has been previously explained, and once that period is reached, they have to go, hence why Leicester replaced their red and yellow one's.

Surely you should replace them not when they become a certain age but when they become unsafe... seems like a terrible waste, what happens to the old ones? Perhaps they should be recycled into track covers

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I tell you what is ironic. Ian Jordan closes Eastbourne speedway, yet one of his unpaid riders Richard Lawson, signs for Plymouth, another Ian Jordan track. That's real irony for you!

I bet he's been paid what he's owed as part of the deal to go to Plymouth I would imagine. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, gazzac said:

I bet he's been paid what he's owed as part of the deal to go to Plymouth I would imagine. 

Not sure Ian Jordan is still involved at Plymouth.

This is my take on what has gone wrong at Eastbourne, its just my thoughts and based  on limited Knowledge so could be wide of the mark..

2019, the new promotion take over and take the club up a level

They are promoting the club well, its a side built with the NDL side with a few additions to make it Championship competitive but substantial cost wise, there is a feel good factor about the club.

2020, With the club on a high, the club gamble on building a top team and offer wages based on the upwards spiral from the 2019 season, a gamble that the club will increase crowds and extra sponsorship.

2020 season does not happen.

2021 The club honour all contracts from 2020 and expect the upwards curve from the end of 2019 continues after 2020 covid.

This starts to go horiblly wrong as gates start to fall and the club starts to spiral into debt.

The business model was not thought out well, they gambled on the fact they could grow this season when really they should have cut back and consolidated.

1 hour ago, sugarray said:

Not sure Ian Jordan is still involved at Plymouth.

He said he was a director, when interviewed at the last Arlington meeting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, M.D said:

This is my take on what has gone wrong at Eastbourne, its just my thoughts and based  on limited Knowledge so could be wide of the mark..

2019, the new promotion take over and take the club up a level

They are promoting the club well, its a side built with the NDL side with a few additions to make it Championship competitive but substantial cost wise, there is a feel good factor about the club.

2020, With the club on a high, the club gamble on building a top team and offer wages based on the upwards spiral from the 2019 season, a gamble that the club will increase crowds and extra sponsorship.

2020 season does not happen.

2021 The club honour all contracts from 2020 and expect the upwards curve from the end of 2019 continues after 2020 covid.

This starts to go horiblly wrong as gates start to fall and the club starts to spiral into debt.

The business model was not thought out well, they gambled on the fact they could grow this season when really they should have cut back and consolidated.

They should never have run two teams for a start. Double headers are not popular with a lot of fans and for some, it was an excuse not to go.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

He said he was a director, when interviewed at the last Arlington meeting.

Commercial & Business Consultant:  Ian Jordan

From Plymouth Speedway website.

• Like 1

Just now, Jimsboy said:

Commercial & Business Consultant:  Ian Jordan

From Plymouth Speedway website.

I'm only going by what the man said when interviewed. I was not alone in hearing it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jimsboy said:

Ian Jordon been on Sussex Radio saying investors have come forward to him and Les Fineing and be looking to start new company for start next season. 

Obviously it won't be their company running it i presume. 

Bury the bad debt and start business again. 

On 8/25/2021 at 6:54 AM, old bob at herne bay said:

Took a look at the Spedeworth stock car fixtures,  http://www.spedeworth.co.uk/fixtures.php

all Eastbourne fixtures after the end of August are marked “provisional”.

I wonder what is going on down at Arlington ? 

While what you say is correct, you are being rather devious as EVERY fixture for ALL tracks is morked "provisional" from the start of September on the Spedeworth fixture list. Stop trying to make things worse on every subject you comment on, it is becoming a bore. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Chris116 said:

While what you say is correct, you are being rather devious as EVERY fixture for ALL tracks is morked "provisional" from the start of September on the Spedeworth fixture list. Stop trying to make things worse on every subject you comment on, it is becoming a bore. 

Can it get ANY worse ? Yes on closer inspection spedeworth fixtures are all provisional.

M.D. That’s a fair summary IMO. Certainly a good deal of gambling on crowd growth in the business plan. The complete loss of the 2020 season must have been a major set back, with a good deal of marketing effort completely wasted. 

• Like 1