British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

18 minutes ago, gazzac said:

What a waste of time trying to bring on the likes of Brennen and the other British youngsters we had and to come like Abblit and Foorde, was over the last 5/6 seasons ( some  made it some didn't) ,especially as Tom doesn't look to be an asset an any longer. Wish I'd given up on them now before we went NL back those 6 seasons.Sounds bitter, but the hope was supporting them through that time we'd build a team like we had in the past with Martin Dugard/Norris/Barker etc and feel any chance has been thrown away and gone for good. One way or another end of the Eastbourne Eagles, either permanently or in the ethos they've always had.

It does feel a bit final with the sale of Brennan. Any potential revival could have been built around him.

Just now, cityrebel said:

It does feel a bit final with the sale of Brennan. Any potential revival could have been built around him.

Unless that's to settle some of the current debt?

2 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Unless that's to settle some of the current debt?

Wouldn't suprise me.

Surely any revival (  if the stadium remains) will be either an NDL level club with the BSPL or a shale track racing club with the NORA.

Either way unlikely Tim Brennan would feature - and let’s be realistic - would Tim be riding in the UK CL next season  or in Poland/Sweden ? 

35 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Surely any revival (  if the stadium remains) will be either an NDL level club with the BSPL or a shale track racing club with the NORA.

Either way unlikely Tim Brennan would feature - and let’s be realistic - would Tim be riding in the UK CL next season  or in Poland/Sweden ? 

Still to establish as a top heat leader in the CL so would imagine he will be ( for Glasgow). Who's Tim Brennen come to think of it? 

Edited by gazzac

18 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Still to establish as a top heat leader in the CL so would imagine he will be ( for Glasgow). Who's Tim Brennen come to think of it? 

He will always be Timmy to us Eagles fans...

• Haha 1

Ian being honest and forthright, and accepting responsibility. I am sad that he is finished with speedway completely.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, woofers said:

Ian being honest and forthright, and accepting responsibility. I am sad that he is finished with speedway completely.

Agree, speedway could do with more people like Ian Jordan.

• Haha 1

The first paragraph in the first answer in the Q and A answers the main reason for Easties current demise. " In November 2018 Martin and Connor Dugard decided to step down as the NDL looked to become  a muched weakened league " A lot to answer for Eastie and quite a few other clubs at the moment. 

7 minutes ago, gazzac said:

The first paragraph in the first answer in the Q and A answers the main reason for Easties current demise. " In November 2018 Martin and Connor Dugard decided to step down as the NDL looked to become  a muched weakened league " A lot to answer for Eastie and quite a few other clubs at the moment. 

Surely it's buried down much deeper in the interview... they didn't re-negotiate the 2020 rider contracts and they were already high payers

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

Surely it's buried down much deeper in the interview... they didn't re-negotiate the 2020 rider contracts and they were already high payers

Would we have been involved in the Championship if the NL had carried on in it's successful format of pre 2019? Probably not I imagine. 

3 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Would we have been involved in the Championship if the NL had carried on in it's successful format of pre 2019? Probably not I imagine. 

Don't know, maybe, maybe not... I would have said that with the right pay scale, Championship level Speedway would have been easily sustainable at Eastbourne.

• Like 1

BSPL don't come out of it too well though...