British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

2 hours ago, Jimsboy said:

I had this message from Carol today, if anyone still owed, maybe email her again today. "We've therefore arranged and authorised a couple of Admin Staff from our Accountants (who are a large Firm with large Admin people) to spend a few days resolving all queries and ensuring that everything is fully reconciled and any incomplete transactions are processed and completed no later than Monday (11th October). This will be part of their planned work to bring all financial matters to a successful closure so that everything can be paid off and the Company then closed. I have referred your incomplete Refund to them just for them to check and investigate in the next 2 days with our Business Branch Manager; so that payment can be guaranteed early next week by us, them and the Bank. Funding is available for use. I'll then have a report and a list to send to you on Monday to confirm exact timescales. Thank you for your patience whilst we've been trying to sort this all out.

More Bull$$$$ from Carol AKA Ian Jordan

You don’t like Ian Jordan then.

3 hours ago, Jimsboy said:

I had this message from Carol today, if anyone still owed, maybe email her again today. "We've therefore arranged and authorised a couple of Admin Staff from our Accountants (who are a large Firm with large Admin people) to spend a few days resolving all queries and ensuring that everything is fully reconciled and any incomplete transactions are processed and completed no later than Monday (11th October). This will be part of their planned work to bring all financial matters to a successful closure so that everything can be paid off and the Company then closed. I have referred your incomplete Refund to them just for them to check and investigate in the next 2 days with our Business Branch Manager; so that payment can be guaranteed early next week by us, them and the Bank. Funding is available for use. I'll then have a report and a list to send to you on Monday to confirm exact timescales. Thank you for your patience whilst we've been trying to sort this all out.

So their Accountants will be working on this over the weekend as will their Branch Business Manager (presumably at the Bank), someone will be raking up the overtime money. We will be getting our refunds no later than Monday 11th October but also on Monday 11th Ian Jordan will send an exact timescale ?  So not only will these people be sorting it out at the weekend they will also have time to update Ian Jordan who in turn will have time to do another couple of pages of updates for us - sorry I meant couple of pages of bullrubbish for us. 

I held my ticket purchased in 2019 over to 2021 more fool me taking everything at face value but I won't be buying another season ticket for any track in the future.

Edited by hammer1969
spelling

Reading the honest thoughts of the Eastbourne promoter as to why the season went to pot is quite enlightening if nothing else.. 

The bottom line, and its fundamental issue is..

Running the sport in such a Mickey Mouse haphazard way renders all leagues worthless...

Yet...

He thought "bumper crowds" could be expected, presumably due to Covid desperation to watch "their team"...

He also couldn't understand why crowds didnt follow long drawn out (and higher priced) double headers..

And found it hard to believe that the Speedway GP live on TV (a proper competition), would mean fans stayed in and watched it rather than watch "live" Speedway..

Incredibly out of touch really isnt it to hold such views? 

Bottom line is that if the leagues had some kudos, and it was a proper 'team sport' and fans felt that emotional tie in, they would be much more inclined to attend...

When you follow (like so many thousands do), "the sport" rather than "their team" then you will always have a very sporadic, but high, number of "take it or leave it" visitors... 

The play offs once again will demonstrate the perfect examples of the "take it or leave it" visitors, as crowds will be "bumper" yet so many will have hardly attended all season..

Maybe the Promoters (who by these kind of articles obviously dont realise the negative impact they have), will wake up one day and at least try and run it properly, and deliver "decent crowds" each week of the season and not just Play offs and Bank Holidays when amazingly they run meetings on days that many want to, (and more importantly) are available, to watch it..

A great many follow the sport closely, with great passion and enthusiasm, but dont follow their local team with anything like that same level of both positive behaviours...

And that is a very sad indictment of those who run the sport.. 

(In the UK)..

10 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Reading the honest thoughts of the Eastbourne promoter as to why the season went to pot is quite enlightening if nothing else.. 

Running the sport in such a Mickey Mouse haphazard way renders all leagues worthless...

Yet...

He thought "bumper crowds" could be expected, presumably due to Covid desperation to watch "their team"...

He also couldn't understand why crowds didnt follow long drawn out (and higher priced) double headers..

And found it hard to believe that the Speedway GP live on TV (a proper competition), would mean fans stayed in and watched it rather than watch "live" Speedway..

Bottom line is that if the leagues had some kudos, and it was a proper 'team sport' and fans felt that emotional tie in, they would be much more inclined to attend...

When you follow (like so many thousands do), "the sport" rather than "their team" then you will always have a very sporadic, but high, number of "take it or leave it" visitors... 

The play offs once again will demonstrate the perfect examples of the "take it or leave it" visitors, as crowds will be "bumper" yet so many will have hardly attended all season..

Maybe the Promoters (who by these kind of articles obviously dont realise the negative impact they have), will wake up one day and at least try and run it properly, and deliver "decent crowds" each week of the season and not just Play offs and Bank Holidays when amazingly they run meetings on days that many want to, (and more importantly) are available, to watch it..

A great many follow the sport closely, with great passion and enthusiasm, but dont follow their local team with anything like that same level of both positive behaviours...

(In the UK)..

Honest thoughts. Most have now worked out they are all lies. 

4 minutes ago, Jimsboy said:

Honest thoughts. Most have now worked out they are all lies. 

I actually think that through his comments, his business plan was an "honest" one that he believed in...

However misguided.. 

Which showed for me, just how deluded some promoters must  be...

Reading his thoughts, to at least some of them, it would appear that what they do has some real relevance...

When the reality due to how they operate the sport, delivers quite the opposite result...

Turkeys really do vote for Xmas it would appear... :D

19 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Yet...

(In the UK)..

The downfall for Eastbourne started in late 2019 when Jon Cook negostated inflated rider contracts for 2020, this was honoured for 2021 and the financial rot set in..

1 minute ago, M.D said:

The downfall for Eastbourne started in late 2019 when Jon Cook negostated inflated rider contracts for 2020, this was honoured for 2021 and the financial rot set in..

Again, for me, it comes down to the misguided belief that fans will just turn up and watch what the promoter has decided that they want to watch..

In my opinion the old National League with a decent number one is the level that the sport should run with in this country.. 

A "National League Plus" or a "Championship League Minus" being the perfect structure for the fan base numbers that attend...

Promoters' egos might say one thing.. 

But ultimately, attendance levels suggest another, and that is the barometer that should be used..

Get down to the base level, make it work, and build up from there....

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Again, for me, it comes down to the misguided belief that fans will just turn up and watch what the promoter has decided that they want to watch..

In my opinion the old National League with a decent number one is the level that the sport should run with in this country.. 

A "National League Plus" or a "Championship League Minus" being the perfect structure for the fan base numbers that attend...

Promoters' egos might say one thing.. 

But ultimately, attendance levels suggest another, and that is the barometer that should be used..

Get down to the base level, make it work, and build up from there....

I agree with your points but not sure what this has to do with the old Eastbourne promotion over paying riders?

3 minutes ago, M.D said:

I agree with your points but not sure what this has to do with the old Eastbourne promotion over paying riders?

Because they decided that this was the level that the fans wanted and would therefore support with their cash and number of attendance visits..

Clearly it wasnt...

With many fans happy with paying less for a lesser standard...

Ego's overriding the clear path to be taken for success..

As happens so many times, at so many tracks..

Not sure if the GP's have an effect on the crowds at other tracks that run on a Saturday or if its just an Eastbourne problem, which i think in the past has been happening at Eastbourne in the past. 

2 hours ago, FootieandSpeedway said:

Not sure if the GP's have an effect on the crowds at other tracks that run on a Saturday or if its just an Eastbourne problem, which i think in the past has been happening at Eastbourne in the past. 

Carol Jordan will say they are 

On 10/10/2021 at 3:19 PM, Jimsboy said:

Carol Jordan will say they are 

And here was me thinking it was just to do with paying Guarantees to certain riders.  That only works if you have large enough crowds to afford it and expect your team to thump the other teams home and away.

27 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

And here was me thinking it was just to do with paying Guarantees to certain riders.  That only works if you have large enough crowds to afford it and expect your team to thump the other teams home and away.

Meetings i attended crowds seemed ok. Even under Covid. Rumours even now from friends who went to leicester away that riders were and i'm guessing are still owed quite a fair amount. Even if they was on Guarantees Carol was not paying out anyway

On 10/8/2021 at 2:53 PM, Jimsboy said:

Just wondering  have you had your Monday update yet?