British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

9 minutes ago, Jimsboy said:

Meetings i attended crowds seemed ok. Even under Covid. Rumours even now from friends who went to leicester away that riders were and i'm guessing are still owed quite a fair amount. Even if they was on Guarantees Carol was not paying out anyway

Was in the pits that day. It was a very uncomfortable atmosphere.  The riders were put in an impossible position.

7 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Just wondering  have you had your Monday update yet?

I've had nothing.

1 minute ago, cityrebel said:

No, not recently.

Don't blame you. Only get fed another load of fibs. I just hope this game carol Jordan is playing does not effect a new management team coming in and looking at trying to see if its viable to run in 2022. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jimsboy said:

Don't blame you. Only get fed another load of fibs. I just hope this game carol Jordan is playing does not effect a new management team coming in and looking at trying to see if its viable to run in 2022. 

I said that on Facebook awhile ago, and was slated for it.

It's pretty clear at this point that Mr Jordan is a liar and a crook.  Why he continues this ridiculous charade, with fabricated excuses and fabricated staff, instead of coming clean that's he stiffed riders and fans is beyond me.

no refund per my bank a/c this morning. I will never get a season ticket again. Too much to expect the BSPA to be taking an active interest in this farce?

1 hour ago, Mike.Butler said:

no refund per my bank a/c this morning. I will never get a season ticket again. Too much to expect the BSPA to be taking an active interest in this farce?

Carol Jordan has done a lot a harm. Its funny how Richard Weston has also gone to ground.

10 minutes ago, Jimsboy said:

Carol Jordan has done a lot a harm. Its funny how Richard Weston has also gone to ground.

Richard is retiring, he was the media officer and had nothing to do with the finances

35 minutes ago, M.D said:

Richard is retiring, he was the media officer and had nothing to do with the finances

Small claims court next move maybe?  

16 hours ago, hammer1969 said:

Small claims court next move maybe?  

Refund day today according to emails sent to friends Wednesday by Ian "Carol" Jordan.

Hopefully he does and then puts an end to his Era.

On a slightly different note, so pleased to see Tom Brennen doing so well for BV and Glasgow, especially having seen him as a tiny kid and through the NL to the Championship, and Jason Edwards seems to be getting back to some form as well. Just goes to underline even if we do return in some way, what we've thrown away, sure Tom would have been our homegrown No1 in a couple of seasons, although he may have outgrown the club anyway I suppose, but can't see any of our nurtured youngsters wanting to ride for Eastie again, even if by some miracle we do return. 

8 hours ago, gazzac said:

On a slightly different note, so pleased to see Tom Brennen doing so well for BV and Glasgow, especially having seen him as a tiny kid and through the NL to the Championship, and Jason Edwards seems to be getting back to some form as well. Just goes to underline even if we do return in some way, what we've thrown away, sure Tom would have been our homegrown No1 in a couple of seasons, although he may have outgrown the club anyway I suppose, but can't see any of our nurtured youngsters wanting to ride for Eastie again, even if by some miracle we do return. 

Breaking News on Fan Power last night. Carol has put Eastbourne now into Liquidation and BSPL has taken all the Assets away.

Where did all the gate money go? Riders owed Quite a fair bit if rumours true. Other bills unpaid. 

Lets hope now someone can move in and take control and plan for next year. I for one will support the club.

• Like 3