British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

17 minutes ago, Jimsboy said:

Breaking News on Fan Power last night. Carol has put Eastbourne now into Liquidation and BSPL has taken all the Assets away.

Where did all the gate money go? Riders owed Quite a fair bit if rumours true. Other bills unpaid. 

Lets hope now someone can move in and take control and plan for next year. I for one will support the club.

Perhaps it's time Lee Kilby and Trevor Geer made some sort of statement on the situation as co-promoters.

19 minutes ago, Jimsboy said:

Breaking News on Fan Power last night. Carol has put Eastbourne now into Liquidation and BSPL has taken all the Assets away.

Where did all the gate money go? Riders owed Quite a fair bit if rumours true. Other bills unpaid. 

Lets hope now someone can move in and take control and plan for next year. I for one will support the club.

Feel sorry for fans and riders owed money, but shows the damage done. Would have to be brave promoters to take it over to be honest. 

1 hour ago, gazzac said:

Feel sorry for fans and riders owed money, but shows the damage done. Would have to be brave promoters to take it over to be honest

A lot of people have lost money and you have to feel for riders, sponsors, fans and the impact on other clubs.

With regards to a new promotion, I don't think brave, just a well thought out business model with investment up front.

One of the main issues for me is the damage done to the fan base and some club sponsors, hopefully this damage will be repaired over time.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, M.D said:

A lot of people have lost money and you have to feel for riders, sponsors, fans and the impact on other clubs.

With regards to a new promotion, I don't think brave, just a well thought out business model with investment up front.

One of the main issues for me is the damage done to the fan base and some club sponsors, hopefully this damage will be repaired over time.

I'd support Eastbourne again but would have to be at Championship level at least as I have a very long journey each way to Arlington but I will never again buy a season ticket, too much damage has been done to fans trust etc by this fiasco.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, M.D said:

Ian "carol" Jordan fooled everyone. His business model was to con.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, hammer1969 said:

I'd support Eastbourne again but would have to be at Championship level at least as I have a very long journey each way to Arlington but I will never again buy a season ticket, too much damage has been done to fans trust etc by this fiasco.

One man has done this damage, not the club. Promoters come and go but the club is far bigger than just one man..

• Like 4

One man has done this damage, not the club. Promoters come and go but the club is far bigger than just one man..

Totally agree but I think it will take a while to 're build the trust of fans and sponsors but I really hope someone can come in and do it. I loved my visits to Eastbourne and hope I will be able to again in the not too distant future.

• Like 2

Correct. That one man had us all fooled. Does anyone know if he is still involved at Plymouth. Last meeting i attended which was turned out to be the end of it all.

Jordan was walking around with a Gladiators cap on and when Kev Coombes interview him he said he was co director of Plymouth. He rocks up there on a Tuesday and sits in the stands. Said thats where his future laid. Me and my mate Jerry could not believe what he was saying. 

Its as if he planned all this

3 minutes ago, Jimsboy said:

Correct. That one man had us all fooled. Does anyone know if he is still involved at Plymouth. Last meeting i attended which was turned out to be the end of it all.

Jordan was walking around with a Gladiators cap on and when Kev Coombes interview him he said he was co director of Plymouth. He rocks up there on a Tuesday and sits in the stands. Said thats where his future laid. Me and my mate Jerry could not believe what he was saying. 

Its time to draw a line under it now and look forward..

• Like 2

All good posts above, if running I'll be back, just hope the last couple of years haven't lost too many. Certainly will need a good promotion which can really promote.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jimsboy said:

I heard him say that, but several of his disciples denied it.

6 hours ago, Jimsboy said:

Ian Jordan is not involved at Plymouth. 

8 minutes ago, lewy said:

And the south west of England breaths a sigh of relief...

13 hours ago, lewy said:

Is he no longer involved with the PACE project that was going to use the Coliseum for some of its activities?

2 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

Is he no longer involved with the PACE project that was going to use the Coliseum for some of its activities?

According to the listing on Companies House he is a Director and PACE is still active.  If I was a Plymouth supporter I'd be getting worried. The following is what was on the Plymouth website in January

"The club have also announced Ian Jordan has moved away from his speedway role in order to focus on their PACE (Plymouth Arena Community Events) project aimed at ensuring the long-term security and stability of The Coliseum stadium and Plymouth Speedway."