British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

6 minutes ago, woofers said:

It’s a limited liability company so there is no apportionment of debt or responsibility to shareholders. Les would only be liable for any monies owing under a directors guarantee that he may have signed up to.

As a longtime sponsor of Eastbourne I wonder what Les Fineings thoughts are on this fiasco?  Hope it doesn't affect his ongoing health but I don't expect he will be rushing to sponsor the Eagles again should they re-open.  Ian Jordan has much to answer for but i suspect he may never be seen or heard from again (unless he has the audacity to show his face at Plymouth).

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Thats true, but unfortunately only at 'standard' rates!!

That’s one of the problems for the sport too many riders riding for a lot more than the ‘ standard ‘ rates.

Not going to get into an argument or debate I'm sure people are making judgements and forming opinions when they do not have enough of the full facts or circumstances 

Edited by lewy

6 minutes ago, lewy said:

Not going to get into an argument or debate I'm sure people are making judgements and forming opinions when they do not have enough of the full facts or circumstances 

With regards to what may I ask?

1 minute ago, M.D said:

With regards to what may I ask?

The on going situation at Eastbourne etc,however I hope everyone gets a favourable outcome. 

7 minutes ago, lewy said:

Maybe  BUT Ian Jordan said everything owed would be sorted by end of September and all we have had is excuse after excuse,  there is nothing stopping him making a further statement on the situation, the silence coming from his quarter is doing him no favours.  If and I say if, there are genuine reasons for riders and fans still not receiving money they are owed and were promised why doesn't he say so?

• Like 2

How long had the riders not been paid for?

There is a particular section in the meeting certificate (which the Clerk of the Course must ensure is completed and given to the Referee before the start of the meeting) as follows:

We being the TEAM CAPTAINS certify that all monies due to each member of the Team have been paid as per the Riders Agreement except as listed below

If it’s as long as being suggested, either the certificates were signed in ignorance or unchecked, or there was a list of unpaid riders on the certificate each time which the referee would have known about. But what would the referees duty be, even if they were aware of riders not being paid? Report it to the BSPA? Include it in their meeting report? Or pass the certificate over and assume someone else follows it up?

Edited by woofers

On 10/28/2021 at 12:08 PM, crescent girl said:

It isn't the first time a promoter has "done a runner" and left a financial mess.    

I remember that Terry Lindon chap who bought Berwick and disappeared after some scandal and brushes with the law.

Didn't he also raffle his sports car, selling tickets to the Berwick fans, and then by some miraculous coincidence his bessie mate won it before he disappeared?   Think that was him...

11 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

I remember that Terry Lindon chap who bought Berwick and disappeared after some scandal and brushes with the law.

Didn't he also raffle his sports car, selling tickets to the Berwick fans, and then by some miraculous coincidence his bessie mate won it before he disappeared?   Think that was him...

Mr Barrie was the LUCKY winner of the  sports car ,but as he was performing the draw on the night along with a rider ( think it was Hans Nielsen,could be wrong though ,as it was along time ago),it caused a bit of stink and Mr Barrie “ sportingly” handed back the car and there was a re- draw later on.Think Terry Landon finished up in jail a few years later.

Edited by Fromafar

Good news  on Eastbourne Eagles website they probably won't be running in 2022 but plans are in place to be back in 2023 - hope its at least Championship Level and that Tom Brennan returns.

43 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Good news  on Eastbourne Eagles website they probably won't be running in 2022 but plans are in place to be back in 2023 - hope its at least Championship Level and that Tom Brennan returns.

Does Tom brennan not belong to Glasgow now? Thought it was said he moved on as a full asset.

8 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Does Tom brennan not belong to Glasgow now? Thought it was said he moved on as a full asset.

Think he does.

18 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

That’s what we are led to believe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trackerman48 said:

Sure he does, we've had a go at an all British team for the last stint in the championship,  let's get the finances together and apart from the rising star ( probably gone by 2023) go for all Aussies, and Scandinavians etc, maybe attract bigger crowd? :rolleyes:

Perhaps all these post on the future of Eastbourne speedway should go on the Eastbourne speedway section opened by MD, this ones for the past really. 

• Like 1