British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

17 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Perhaps all these post on the future of Eastbourne speedway should go on the Eastbourne speedway section opened by MD, this ones for the past really. 

Agree, we have to look forward now

• Like 1

Even if Tom is a Glasgow asset , it doesn't mean he won't ride for Eastbourne, he has been at Eastbourne  since a child and is part of the family there, but I do think he will improve being away from there for a while as he struggled initially at Glasgow and is still finding his feet at NSS, I am glad we have him at the moment, and I wish Eastbourne all the best in the future.

2 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Even if Tom is a Glasgow asset , it doesn't mean he won't ride for Eastbourne, he has been at Eastbourne  since a child and is part of the family there, but I do think he will improve being away from there for a while as he struggled initially at Glasgow and is still finding his feet at NSS, I am glad we have him at the moment, and I wish Eastbourne all the best in the future.

Really impressed with Tom Brennan. Can see him in Poland in a couple of years. Good on the smaller technical tracks too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Really impressed with Tom Brennan. Can see him in Poland in a couple of years. Good on the smaller technical tracks too.

He is good on the small technical tracks, so need to improve on bigger fast tracks, especially if he wants to go to Poland eventually

1 minute ago, Cookiefan said:

He is good on the small technical tracks, so need to improve on bigger fast tracks, especially if he wants to go to Poland eventually

Hopefully will still be at BV next season. 

2 hours ago, gazzac said:

Perhaps all these post on the future of Eastbourne speedway should go on the Eastbourne speedway section opened by MD, this ones for the past really. 

Not if you are owed money it’s not.

51 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Not if you are owed money it’s not.

That's what I mean really, problems with the previous promotion, refunds etc on here, hopefully the future of speedway at Arlington in 2023 on the the other thread. 

28 minutes ago, lewy said:

This seems a silly question but will the riders that rode for Eastbourne this past season have their scores cancelled and revert to the average they started the season on?

The only riders with averages above 3.00 who raced for Eastbourne (but didn't go on to confirm pukka averages elsewhere after the closure) were Eddie Kennett and Kyle Newman.   Ed would be 8.62 if he comes back in 2022, Kyle will be 5.16.

10 hours ago, crescent girl said:

The only riders with averages above 3.00 who raced for Eastbourne (but didn't go on to confirm pukka averages elsewhere after the closure) were Eddie Kennett and Kyle Newman.   Ed would be 8.62 if he comes back in 2022, Kyle will be 5.16.

From other comments on the Forum, Eastbourne’s meetings will be expunged from the records for riders at the end of the season, so all Eastbourne contracted riders and a substantial number of opposition riders will receive new MAs.

4 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

From other comments on the Forum, Eastbourne’s meetings will be expunged from the records for riders at the end of the season, so all Eastbourne contracted riders and a substantial number of opposition riders will receive new MAs.

That is correct.   The figures I quote are those these two riders will have applied against them, should they join a Championship team in 2022. 

All other riders' averages have been adjusted accordingly, and will hold averages which avoid any Eastbourne involvement in their figues.

14 hours ago, crescent girl said:

If he doesn't retire would make Eddie Kennett unemployable really on that average, think they'll be a shortage of middle/lower order riders so Kyle Newman hopefully will find a team if he wants to continue.