British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

On 11/30/2019 at 7:23 PM, Richard Weston said:

've not been but the mini-track looks smart from pictures/video I have seen. This enterprise, of course,  will be a stadium initiative, not the speedway club. However, maximising the use of Arlington Stadium makes sense all round.

A busy stadium should mean there is always room for speedway.

Makes the destruction of the original mini track seem all the more daft now its been re-instated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Makes the destruction of the original mini track seem all the more daft now its been re-instated.

Agree, as a kid I watched many a rider grow up on that track and watched Kelly Moran, Erik Gundersen, Shawn Moran ride it to name a few for fun.

The likes of Paul and Martin Dugard, David Norris, Mark Loram, The Standings, David Howe all grew up riding that track, a conveyer belt for a few riders..

• Like 2

5 hours ago, M.D said:

Agree, as a kid I watched many a rider grow up on that track and watched Kelly Moran, Erik Gundersen, Shawn Moran ride it to name a few for fun.

The likes of Paul and Martin Dugard, David Norris, Mark Loram, The Standings, David Howe all grew up riding that track, a conveyer belt for a few riders..

I think you'll find that was Ben Howe.  David isn't just that old! 

8 hours ago, crescent girl said:

I'm sure I remember seeing David riding on the training track , but being in my 60's could be a memory thing!:neutral:

10 hours ago, crescent girl said:

I was thinking of Ben, my bad and my age!

• Like 1

On 12/4/2019 at 11:06 PM, crescent girl said:

Yes I think that, and in anycase he was more Peterborough based and the star performer of the 1997/8 era in the CL and PL Thundercats and Panthers

Just checked out the details of Eastbourne's season tickets deals for the coming year and I'm well impressed at how they have pitched the prices with their early bird offer and for listening to fans who want a more limited season ticket.

Great idea to have a 10 match ticket deal - and it is any ten matches. Excellent move by the Eagles management.

The full adult season ticket.is PROPER deal -- on price PLUS the added free programme, dedicated parking area and a free 2019 season DVD. Thanks Eastbourne Eagles, that's a super Christmas present :)

I am also impressed with the Armed Forces/Emergency Services offer. I have a family member who likes to pop to speedway when visiting us...have to remind him to bring his ID.

This shows how they are very much a caring club, thinking of the wider community and those who keep us safe.

It also shows what happens when you have a promotion that talks to its fans, engages with them and listens to what they say. 

Breath of fresh air.

BTW, the present pricing is 'early bird' until next Friday (20th of December). All the information is on the club website.

I also note Birmingham have gone along similar lines to Eastbourne's, which were announced on the 21st of November. No surprise in two relatively newcomers to the CL swapping notes and bearing in mind the Sussex/Eagles link with David Mason.

• Like 2

I dont mind sticking the boot into eastbourne when the opportunity arises, but you have to say there admission prices other this season and next have been cracking value, coupled with all british riders. It certainly should be attractive to holiday makers as well as locals.

15 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

I dont mind sticking the boot into eastbourne when the opportunity arises, but you have to say there admission prices other this season and next have been cracking value, coupled with all british riders. It certainly should be attractive to holiday makers as well as locals.

Like to see Kent do the 10 match ticket....think it would be popular. :D

2 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Steady on you'll pass out with the praise!:o

• Haha 1

Kent need to be innovative if they run CL and NDL....the flexibility in the offers from the Eagles will give them some pointers.

• Like 1

When are the fixtures released? Can’t wait to hopefully see a Poole v Eastbourne home and away on good Friday!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

When are the fixtures released? Can’t wait to hopefully see a Poole v Eastbourne home and away on good Friday!!

i think you might find it will be Poole v Somerset, could depend on stadium availability or other factors?

• Like 1

Those Eastbourne boys setting the standard when it comes to promoting. They've not gone into Christmas hibernation. 

If you announce your team early, as Eastbourne did, you need plenty of ammunition to fire throughout the rest of the winter.

And look now how they are expanding their community programme. 

Can't believe how this club promotes itself and the sport as a whole, 

Makes me proud to the be an Eastbourne supporter.

Still time for others to copy.

Here's the link to the story on the club website.

https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com/polish-link-as-eagles-community-programme-returns/

13 hours ago, CountyGround said:

i think you might find it will be Poole v Somerset, could depend on stadium availability or other factors?

Oh well that’s upsetting. Guess it’ll have to be Kent.