British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

47 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Story on Eastbourne website mentions the possible start times for Sunday meetings.

Got it. As usual masses of info, reasons and logistics from Ian Jordan. 

I am one of the small number of fans that detest the hot, dusty, drawn out Sunday afternoon meetings, (and told him), hence my relief that there will be some 5 -5.30 starts.

6 minutes ago, woofers said:

Got it. As usual masses of info, reasons and logistics from Ian Jordan. 

I am one of the small number of fans that detest the hot, dusty, drawn out Sunday afternoon meetings, (and told him), hence my relief that there will be some 5 -5.30 starts.

Totally agree with you about 3.30 starts on hot sunny, windy afternoons. 

No entertainment watching clouds of dust just enveloping the riders...fans can't see and I don't suppose it is very clever for the riders, who as Ian Jordan said in article don't like it.

As you say, good explanations from Ian on what's been done and why.

Have to agree with him about doing two meetings in one day on Good Friday. I know it used to be done but there is so much more traffic,...the A27 is a nightmare...as is M27.

There is another factor, it makes for an expensive day out if you do both meetings; especially at Easter when there will probably be demands to go out on at least one of the other days of the holidays.

Happy with a few Sunday meetings but hope there's no rider availability conflict with Polish fixtures.

The club has gone from one of the worst for information to probably the best in the couple of yrs ian jordans been there, a family run club in every way, always clear concise reasoning too.

• Like 2

When the draw for the KO Cup was made back in November, Eastbourne were listed as facing Newcastle in the quarter final, both having received a bye in the first round.  Poole were drawn against Edinburgh in the first round.

Now that the fixtures have been released we're apparently facing Poole in the KO Cup in June, whilst Edinburgh are taking on Newcastle in May.  Other ties from the original draw don't appear to have been changed.

It makes one wonder what the point of having a draw is if it's going to be disregarded less than two months later and a different set of fixtures drawn up.

57 minutes ago, SuperSpeed said:

When the draw for the KO Cup was made back in November, Eastbourne were listed as facing Newcastle in the quarter final, both having received a bye in the first round.  Poole were drawn against Edinburgh in the first round.

Now that the fixtures have been released we're apparently facing Poole in the KO Cup in June, whilst Edinburgh are taking on Newcastle in May.  Other ties from the original draw don't appear to have been changed.

It makes one wonder what the point of having a draw is if it's going to be disregarded less than two months later and a different set of fixtures drawn up.

Seems like common sense prevailed.

Always had doubts about how these 'draws' were conducted in the past.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

Seems like common sense prevailed.

Always had doubts about how these 'draws' were conducted in the past.

Common sense maybe Richard, but who's to say the final may have been Poole vs Eastbourne? Devalues the competition in my eyes, always thought it was the next best to win after the league, not so sure now. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Common sense maybe Richard, but who's to say the final may have been Poole vs Eastbourne? Devalues the competition in my eyes, always thought it was the next best to win after the league, not so sure now. 

I think it probably reflects the dire financial straits many clubs find themselves in and the BSPA attempts to keep costs to a minimum where possible.

Why has common sense prevailed?

Changing the draw with the teams mentioned making it regionalised?

Yet, you still have Somerset v Glasgow!

They should have left it alone as the poster above states, "why have a draw in the first place"? 

It might be good if something appears on the Eastbourne website from Ian Jordan giving the reasons or logistics into this change.

• Like 1

Tbh it's rediculous to change the cup draw to suit a few clubs, as said above why have a draw if it will get changed!

22 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Why has common sense prevailed?

Changing the draw with the teams mentioned making it regionalised?

Yet, you still have Somerset v Glasgow!

They should have left it alone as the poster above states, "why have a draw in the first place"? 

No you don't! Eastbourne v Poole in Round 1. Winners to meet Somerset in Round 2.

48 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

No you don't! Eastbourne v Poole in Round 1. Winners to meet Somerset in Round 2.

No you do still have Somerset v Glasgow, check the fixtures. Eastbourne v Poole is the 2nd round. It exactly the same as the original draw except Newcastle and Poole swapping places.

Edited by eaglesno1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, eaglesno1 said:

No you do still have Somerset v Glasgow, check the fixtures. Eastbourne v Poole is the 2nd round. It exactly the same as the original draw except Newcastle and Poole swapping places.

Yes you are right. I should have checked the official listing rather than rely on someone else's version on here!!!  Apologies.