British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

5 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Looking at the April fixtures, Poole are not racing on Wednesday 8th & Poole v Birmingham on the 15th could have been re-arranged.

Poole did not have to have a busy start to the season as all other teams have spare days. What is their alternative race night? :rolleyes:

Solved the Cup draw already, no reason for Poole to request a bye!

20 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Looking at the April fixtures, Poole are not racing on Wednesday 8th & Poole v Birmingham on the 15th could have been re-arranged.

Poole did not have to have a busy start to the season as all other teams have spare days. What is their alternative race night? :rolleyes:

Poole are not racing on Wednesday 8th because they are at home on Good Friday April 10th.  No club or fans for that matter are going to 2 meetings in 3 days!!

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Poole are not racing on Wednesday 8th because they are at home on Good Friday April 10th.  No club or fans for that matter are going to 2 meetings in 3 days!!

They will have to save up for Somerset,Cardiff and Leicester.!!!:P

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Ask Workington fans how many meetings they had in a short space of time in 2018?

This includes double headers & the abandoned "ice off".

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Ask Workington fans how many meetings they had in a short space of time in 2018?

This includes double headers & the abandoned "ice off".

At the end of the season yes!! All as a result of deferring earlier fixtures

• Like 1

i dont think workington deferred  any home meetings in 2018 . could be wrong tho,  been wrong before  !

6 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

At the end of the season yes!! All as a result of deferring earlier fixtures

I think you will find that, most if not ALL, were because they were in 3 cup/ play off positions.

Eastbourne Speedway's promotional efforts are amazing.

This one could be a game-changer when it comes to attendances.

Basically, they are giving a free season ticket to U11s and will be going out of their way to give them out --- thousands and thousands.

They will just not be going to fans of regular, established supporters but children all over their catchment area.

Brilliant idea.

All the details in this story

https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com/free-season-long-admission-pass-for-children/

• Like 1

did kids under 11 get in for free in 2019 ?

1 hour ago, SuperSpeed said:

No, under 5s were free but 5-11 years old were £2.

thanks for the reply. Eastbourne making sure the KIDS drag their parents  to the speedway , like it or not . little :mad:s ..

13 minutes ago, jenga said:

thanks for the reply. Eastbourne making sure the KIDS drag their parents  to the speedway , like it or not . little :mad:s ..

You got it = pester power. 

I'm sure the Eagles will have things up their sleeves to keep the kids wanting to come back.

just got my first look , on twitter, of the training track . don't know what i was expecting but it looks big , can't be much smaller than buxton or weymouth . perhaps my dream of running in the national league aswell as the hailsham/hastings/eastbourne triangle toxic budgies is one step to being a reality .  :party:

catching up reading the star and very very impressed with eastbournes marketing( initiatetives) ideas even! targeting so many youngsters,deserves success,way ahead of poole even tho were supposed to have bright youngsters now promoting!!

• Like 2

On 3/3/2020 at 1:36 PM, poole keith said:

catching up reading the star and very very impressed with eastbournes marketing( initiatetives) ideas even! targeting so many youngsters,deserves success,way ahead of poole even tho were supposed to have bright youngsters now promoting!!

Needs bright people -- young and old -- and I think Poole can "borrow" the Eastbourne project for free

• Like 1