British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

2 hours ago, eaglesno1 said:

All of the riders included in that team recieved the 2.5% reduction last year, meaning if they still are using the same 2.5% reduction rule this year Georgie could be included over Bowtell.

Doubt Georgie will be back but I could be wrong of course..

Dan Spiller at reserve with Jason?

8 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Dan Spiller at reserve with Jason?

Who’s he? Can’t see that he rode in the NL this year.

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

He lives in Germany, but is English and rode for us a few years back in the NL with great success. Been riding in Germany with his brother since, along with going to university. He was made an Eastie asset this year, not sure what average he comes in on, maybe a 4, but think he's at a level above Wood and Bowtell.

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, DC2 said:

he didn't . rode for the eagles 2 seasons ago , his brother nathan rode for them the following year . british born sons to a british couple who live and work in germany . very much thought of at arlington and can't believe there would be one dissenting voice if both were named in the team . both made assets of the eagles last year . both ride for teams in both divisions of the german league , i think the eagles and the white tigers but don't quote me on that.  rats!!!!! if it's not richard weston beating me to the reply it's gazzac       , 

Edited by gee jay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, gee jay said:

he didn't . rode for the eagles 2 seasons ago , his brother nathan rode for them the following year . british born sons to a british couple who live and work in germany . very much thought of at arlington and can't believe there would be one dissenting voice if both were named in the team . both made assets of the eagles last year . both ride for teams in both divisions of the german league , i think the eagles and the white tigers but don't quote me on that.  rats!!!!! if it's not richard weston beating me to the reply it's gazzac       , 

Daniel last rode for the Eagles in 2015 & brother is Ethan.

58 minutes ago, mmmmethanol said:

Daniel last rode for the Eagles in 2015 & brother is Ethan.

i should have put that both gazzacs and richards posts are also more accurate   :oops:

The Spiller parents have quite rightly said education before speedway which is why they have made limited appearances for the eagles, however having now signed as Assets they are getting close to 'available'.

I think Daniel has now finished university and  is a distinct possibility this season but Ethan is 2 years younger so is likely in 2022.

Big question is what average.  They both have NL averages with us and Danny was 6.6   Does he come in as an NL rider on 2.0 ?    If he gets assessed  at say 4.0 he would get a 2.5% reduction as British.

Similar case to Robert Lambert but I cannot remember how he was treated.

5 minutes ago, gee jay said:

i should have put that both gazzacs and richards posts are also more accurate   :oops:

You are very kind. Don't think it will be long. now before the chief Eagle speaks. Saw Club had its awards night last night so now aim and awards out of way, they can get down to business. Of course, we have 3 riders already named and the biggest hint you could possibly have about Jason Edwards. Looks to be it is all about the two big guns and the reserve.

Any clues or announcements from last night?

12 minutes ago, gee jay said:

Thanks, you were unlucky, my accuracy rate is normally about 50%.

11 minutes ago, Hunters said:

The Spiller parents have quite rightly said education before speedway which is why they have made limited appearances for the eagles, however having now signed as Assets they are getting close to 'available'.

I think Daniel has now finished university and  is a distinct possibility this season but Ethan is 2 years younger so is likely in 2022.

Big question is what average.  They both have NL averages with us and Danny was 6.6   Does he come in as an NL rider on 2.0 ?    If he gets assessed  at say 4.0 he would get a 2.5% reduction as British.

Similar case to Robert Lambert but I cannot remember how he was treated.

A 2.0 point average would be great, but even on a 3.9( inc the 2.5% reduction) would be worth a go at reserve. If he moves on like Brennen did this season, at worst you'd have Brennen or Newman dropping down to reserve, although would expect him to stay at reserve with Edwards all season. 

26 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Any clues or announcements from last night?

No announcements last night, and there weren't any clues that I picked up on either.

9 minutes ago, SuperSpeed said:

No announcements last night, and there weren't any clues that I picked up on either.

Thanks.

Eastbourne have just announced the return of Edward Kennett and Richard Lawson. 

Confirmed team: Kennett, Lawson, Kerr, Newman, Brennan, Edwards.

Just one to go. Who could it be?

Seems we won't have long to wait.

• Like 1

If they all get 2.5% for being english it must be between dan spiller, georgie or bowtell