British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

THJ 

Yup 2 home fixtures in 2 days sounds daft to me too. Recipe for reduced attendances. However, the  EB website fixture list does say that Berwick on the Sunday is provisional. EB sandwiching fixtures  between SGP weekends ….I always thought they would run on the Sunday pm when they clashed with the SGP?

Would be very sad if they didn’t manage their 90th year celebration meeting , as that was one I would attend .

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hackett said:

From the Edinburgh Monarchs website .... those who have the Northern Tour hotels booked - the 1st leg is definately off the schdule. 

Seems like the Edinburgh fans have been sh@t on left, right and centre this season!!! When Scotland gain their independence don't be surprised if they set their own Super League up with erm... Glasgow.

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, iainb said:

Seems like the Edinburgh fans have been sh@t on left, right and centre this season!!! When Scotland gain their independence don't be surprised if they set their own Super League up with erm... Glasgow.

We will invade Berwick  and claim it back for the Independence Super League.It will then become the biggest league in GB speedway the way things are going;)

Edited by Fromafar
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

and Berwick apparently …. Although they seem be sat on the fence :-) 

surely that should be sat on the airfence 

41 minutes ago, Hackett said:

surely that should be sat on the airfence 

Polyfoam fence at that lol

7 hours ago, iainb said:

Be like the boat race..

Same two qualify for the final every year..

Home and Away 20 times each means 40 matches..

Plus a two leg semi and play off final is a total of 44..

Plenty of rides for the lads...

23 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Be like the boat race..

Same two qualify for the final every year..

Home and Away 20 times each means 40 matches..

Plus a two leg semi and play off final is a total of 44..

Plenty of rides for the lads...

Glasgow Rangers vs Edinburgh Celtics

We should hold a whip round for the Edinburgh fans, like when a rider blows and engine, to pay for their wasted hotel bills

Edited by iainb

Eastbourne`s northern tour to Berwick and Newcastle scheduled for next weekend now postponed to a later date.

1 hour ago, screm said:

Eastbourne`s northern tour to Berwick and Newcastle scheduled for next weekend now postponed to a later date.

Any idea what year?

That's my Northern Tour hotels all cancelled. Next speedway for me will be SoN in Oct at this rate. 

22 hours ago, Toto said:

https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com/a-message-from-lee-kilby/  Not sure who this guy is but he looks like he's got a nervous disposition  Cant keep his hands still.

Lee Kilby is the son of the late Bob Kilby, one of Swindon's top riders.    Lee, I think was involved with Swindon speedway last season, and was recruited by  EB as a "co-promoter"  alongside Trev Gear.

Why you need two "promoters" is of couse another good question - it's another wage to pay, as well as those for the 2 directors Ian Jordan and Les Fineing

22 hours ago, Toto said:

https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com/a-message-from-lee-kilby/  Not sure who this guy is but he looks like he's got a nervous disposition  Cant keep his hands still.

You are a TROLL the biggest one on this forum , do you know Lee Kilby ?  have you ever met him.? Lee  is like his old chap two of the nicest people  you would  ever wish  to meet involving speedway.  Myself and i am sure others will agree you ent quite there upstairs are you!!! a tool of highest order nasty with it.

• Like 2