British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

I looked at the league table yesterday, Easties results removed and the table adjusted

As a sponsor I had a confidential email from Tom Brennan to say he's signing for Glasgow 

I see that Richard has signed for Plymouth and a few other Eagles have new team spots

Hope that another promotion may take the club on next year, but lets face it, when a club folds how may come back?

Its good to see riders getting a team place but the loss of Eastbourne means 7 riders will lose a team place and their job

Its all rather painful 

20 minutes ago, M.D said:

I looked at the league table yesterday, Easties results removed and the table adjusted

As a sponsor I had a confidential email from Tom Brennan to say he's signing for Glasgow 

I see that Richard has signed for Plymouth and a few other Eagles have new team spots

Hope that another promotion may take the club on next year, but lets face it, when a club folds how may come back?

Its good to see riders getting a team place but the loss of Eastbourne means 7 riders will lose a team place and their job

Its all rather painful 

With Jason Edwards appearing to be first on the chopping block, he's a tryer but it seems he's being used like a football at the moment. Hope he gets a Championship place next year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Ya not wrong but the vultures now picking over the bones had been circling for weeks...

Regards 

THJ

True mate, even Newcastle had a nibble at one of the riders..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M.D said:

And which rider would that be?

3 minutes ago, M.D said:

And if it had of been Ian Thomas in charge he would of got him 

2 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

And which rider would that be?

As I said, just a nibble and nothing more

Tom Brennan has joined Glasgow on a full transfer do they receive any of the loan fee that Belle Vue paid for his services this season now hes with Glasgow

Edited by scoobydoo

9 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Tom Brennan has joined Glasgow on a full transfer do they receive any of the loan fee that Belle Vue paid for his services this season now hes with Glasgow

I wonder who owned Brennan. 

10 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Signed for the rest of the season, no idea who holds his registration 

Just now, M.D said:

Signed for the rest of the season, no idea who holds his registration 

Jordan, the Dugards or a third party?

Just now, cityrebel said:

Jordan, the Dugards or a third party?

No idea

51 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I wonder who owned Brennan. 

He would revert to the BSPL when Eastbourne folded, as would any other club assets -- most were loanees, however.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, M.D said:

Err yep that would be me buddy the same day it was announced... believe he was seeing you on the night time after work... however I was more referring to the riders who were signed up three week ago and the approaches that were made prior to any anouncements

Same happened at Worky when they wobbled in the 2018 campaign all the riders were got at by other clubs and the whole team had been divided up until Tony Jackson amongst others steadied the ship...

Regards 

THJ 

What a waste of time trying to bring on the likes of Brennen and the other British youngsters we had and to come like Abblit and Foorde, was over the last 5/6 seasons ( some  made it some didn't) ,especially as Tom doesn't look to be an asset an any longer. Wish I'd given up on them now before we went NL back those 6 seasons.Sounds bitter, but the hope was supporting them through that time we'd build a team like we had in the past with Martin Dugard/Norris/Barker etc and feel any chance has been thrown away and gone for good. One way or another end of the Eastbourne Eagles, either permanently or in the ethos they've always had.

Edited by gazzac