British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

Don't know, maybe, maybe not... I would have said that with the right pay scale, Championship level Speedway would have been easily sustainable at Eastbourne.

Only thing is a poor team would have led to maybe lower crowds, but we'll  never know now, so many mistakes and to be honest quite a lot of bad luck.

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

BSPL don't come out of it too well though...

That was a surprise!! (Not)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cityrebel said:

It does feel a bit final with the sale of Brennan. Any potential revival could have been built around him.

Where have you seen that Brennan has been sold? I haven’t seen anything to say that he’s become a Glasgow asset, only that he’s been signed until the end of the season? 

4 minutes ago, Marky_Mark said:

Where have you seen that Brennan has been sold? I haven’t seen anything to say that he’s become a Glasgow asset, only that he’s been signed until the end of the season? 

Surely when a club folds their riders become the 'property' of BSPL?

7 minutes ago, Marky_Mark said:

Glasgow Twitter page

51 minutes ago, Marky_Mark said:

Glasgow claim to have bought him.

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Surely when a club folds their riders become the 'property' of BSPL?

Usually yes, but technically they haven’t folded? Company is still trading and we are told it will pay all of its debts so in theory shouldn’t have their asset base stripped and would be able to sell or pass on to a new company prepared to run speedway?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, iainb said:

Don't know, maybe, maybe not... I would have said that with the right pay scale, Championship level Speedway would have been easily sustainable at Eastbourne.

It was quoted that 6 away matches would have cost them £25k to £35k...

Meaning not much less than £6k needed per match.

That's £12k plus the VAT to pay seven riders for two matches from your home income.

(£14.4k or so?)

And that's before you pay the rent and ancillary meeting costs.. 

What would that be in total?

£17k or so? £18k? 

For the 2nd Division of a sport with such a small following that is a lot of outgoings.. 

No wonder not many make money..

5 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Shall we try guess who was first rider to want to leave them??

Would guess Lawson and Kerr were the two ‘leavers’, Kennett the retiree, and lionsfan2012 the first to state £50k on speedway updates.

Wonder which Promoter objected to the Team GB U23 fixture taking place, despite it being scheduled in an Eastbourne ‘protected slot’?

There is a wealth of information in this article that sheds new light on the actual running of speedway in Britain and locally at Eastbourne, some of which will put the ‘know all’s’ on here back in their box, but other aspects that have never been spoken about. It’s a fascinating and insightful Q&A session, and as far as I can make out, open, transparent and honest - something Ian Jordan has always been. I will miss his enthusiasm, bravado and telling it how it is.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, mikebv said:

It was quoted that 6 away matches would have cost them £25k to £35k...

Meaning not much less than £6k needed per match.

That's £12k plus the VAT to pay seven riders for two matches from your home income.

(£14.4k or so?)

And that's before you pay the rent and ancillary meeting costs.. 

What would that be in total?

£17k or so? £18k? 

For the 2nd Division of a sport with such a small following that is a lot of outgoings.. 

No wonder not many make money..

Not everybody paid Eastboune rates though by the sounds of things

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, woofers said:

lionsfan2012 the first to state £50k on speedway updates.

Those Leicester fans can be quite mischievous :lol:

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

Still owned by the Dugard family.

I know redevelopment was sort a few years back, but the facility should be looking to be purchased by British Speedway as a development centre. 

• Haha 1