Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

I note in the Q&A Mr Jordan says the stadium rental is £1000 + VAT per meeting!!

Some other tracks would consider that a snip!!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I note in the Q&A Mr Jordan says the stadium rental is £1000 + VAT per meeting!!

Some other tracks would consider that a snip!!

Shows what the Dugard's feel about the sport at the venue, would that just be a break even figure for them?

They are not going to promote the sport anymore I don't think but Paul Dugard has a role at  the stadium so they clearly want the sport to continue without asking to make a lot out of the stadium  in turns of profit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Nice thought Marko… but who would fund the Thurrock Hammers promotion to restart speedway at EB?

new air fence ( estimated £20k or more )

BSPL bond to be lodged

BSPL membership “fees “ 

2 promoters licence holders required 

IMO the 2 promoters with a licence is a stumbling block. 

As is the no vote for 3yrs at the AGM, if that rule still stands

As for nationally agreed admission prices  a total joke. Its your business charge what you want to attract an audience 

If I was in a position to spunk money on Speedway I reckon I could get a bigger crowd than the clowns calling the shots are managing at most tracks.

More sad news today for Eastbourne and fans of a certain age like myself.

Roy Prodger has sadly passed over today

former rider and track man, thoughts with his family and Darren his son who I was with at school.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, M.D said:

More sad news today for Eastbourne and fans of a certain age like myself.

Roy Prodger has sadly passed over today

former rider and track man, thoughts with his family and Darren his son who I was with at school.

Very sad news. Roy was part of the furniture at Arlington.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

As for nationally agreed admission prices  a total joke. Its your business charge what you want to attract an audience 

If I was in a position to spunk money on Speedway I reckon I could get a bigger crowd than the clowns calling the shots are managing at most tracks.

Well, if you are so confident, why don't you go and see the `Dugard family and take over Eastbourne.  They need an inspired businessman like you.

Oh yes, and while you are at it, educate all the promoters now in the BSPA as to how to do it.  The sport will boom.   All down to you.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Well, if you are so confident, why don't you go and see the `Dugard family and take over Eastbourne.  They need an inspired businessman like you.

Oh yes, and while you are at it, educate all the promoters now in the BSPA as to how to do it.  The sport will boom.   All down to you.

You missed the point, I said IF I had the money.

I think its been proven that promoters don't, in the vast majority of cases listen to what their audience thinks or suggests.

An attitude that has got so many clubs in trouble over the years. Constantly tweaking something that doesn't work very well  in the hope it will create a big change.

• Like 1

Very sad news about Roy Prodger. He seemed to be Bob Dugard’s right hand man for track prep back in the day, and a very good job he did too. 

Thoughts with Roy’s family and friends.

RIP Roy. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

It was agreed to do away with that at the 2017 or 2018 AGM. It never really counted for anything anyway. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

It was agreed to do away with that at the 2017 or 2018 AGM. It never really counted for anything anyway. 

Thanks for the clarification 

Everyday's a schoolday

• Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 8:25 PM, Triple.H. said:

On 8/31/2021 at 12:28 PM, Wee Eck said:

It was discussed however it was never implemented as when Rob Grant had to fold Newspeed at Newcastle due to the VAT Fraud he inherited and started with a new company name he was told he has lost his voting rights for 3 years... so the rule still stands...

Regards
THJ

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

It was discussed however it was never implemented as when Rob Grant had to fold Newspeed at Newcastle due to the VAT Fraud he inherited and started with a new company name he was told he has lost his voting rights for 3 years... so the rule still stands...

Regards
THJ

This had me thinking so I put a call in and @Wee Eck was just about right and I am told the three year rule was actually dropped for the start of this season...

So there ya go... something right for a change... but it's taken some time for the change to happen... well done the BSPL... although being an old cynic I can't help think that this was done for something else other than fairness...

Regards

THJ

Seems like the major reason for the Eastbourne demise was the pay rates given to riders which were drawn up in 2019 and with the League not operating in 2020 the contract was rolled over to 2021...:blink:, seems to be that three riders were on a guaranteed rate, three were on a points based contract and one was on a Hybrid contract. 
The other main reason was the large downfall in attendances this year

Edited by topaz325

4 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Seems like the major reason for the Eastbourne demise was the pay rates given to riders which were drawn up in 2019 and with the League not operating in 2020 the contract was rolled over to 2021...:blink:, seems to be that three riders were on a guaranteed rate, three were on a points based contract and one was on a Hybrid contract. 
The other main reason was the large downfall in attendances this year

...someone's been reading their Speedway Star!! ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

...someone's been reading their Speedway Star!! ;)

No just gossip and hearsay......