British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

5 hours ago, M.D said:

With the very positive news about Newcastle, I thought I would bump this thread up.

Newcastle are going to run, Oxford and Swindon could be back

Eastbourne?

Unfortunately my thoughts at the moment are probably not ( hope I'm wrong obviously) but even if they do come back, more likely at NL level and preferably to a proper league as of a few seasons ago with multiple stand alone clubs, IOW, Mildenhall, maybe Birmingham etc, I don't think you'll hear anything until the new year at the earliest one way or another. 

36 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Unfortunately my thoughts at the moment are probably not ( hope I'm wrong obviously) but even if they do come back, more likely at NL level and preferably to a proper league as of a few seasons ago with multiple stand alone clubs, IOW, Mildenhall, maybe Birmingham etc, I don't think you'll hear anything until the new year at the earliest one way or another. 

Always believe.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, M.D said:

Always believe.

Sounds like you know something? 

• Like 2

As long as the stock cars banger cars keep on using the stadium I guess there is hope......maybe a second hand air fence from another defunct track will become available to reduce start  up costs ? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, M.D said:

Always believe.

Yes, we in Long Eaton still meet up once a month for a SOS and av done so since we closed in 1997. Altho me prayer mat as got preddy thread bare! :rolleyes:

Keep the faith.:t:

Always an Invader

An adopted Pirate

Edited by PirateShip
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

As long as the stock cars banger cars keep on using the stadium I guess there is hope......maybe a second hand air fence from another defunct track will become available to reduce start  up costs ? 

If you were to buy Pooles air fence they will come with Basso patches fitted  

Edited by scoobydoo

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

If you were to buy Pooles air fence they will come with Basso patches fitted  

...a bit like the 'anti-Sergeant' starting tapes!!!:D

• Haha 1

@Richard Weston any updates for the website coming if Ian has Managed to meet the end September deadline for refunding and paying everyone back? Know many who still have not and keep getting promises which do not materialise. 

1 hour ago, Jimsboy said:

@Richard Weston any updates for the website coming if Ian has Managed to meet the end September deadline for refunding and paying everyone back? Know many who still have not and keep getting promises which do not materialise. 

I'm still waiting, but i didn't expect a quick refund.

16 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I'm still waiting, but i didn't expect a quick refund.

Do you expect to receive it at all? 

We had our 90th anniversary tickets refunded earlier in the week (minus the booking fee) but nothing yet for the merchandise or season ticket.  I am not optimistic. 

15 minutes ago, Eagle69 said:

Have had no end of promises but nothing has materialised

Just reading a post of facebook. 3 times someones has had email saying refund coming but nothing yet. Also had a post from Ian over a week ago saying he has a small admin team working on refunds etc

. Surely be better if his admin team was emailing people with refunds instead continue emails saying payments coming and wasting their time and effort?

Seems like its delaying tactics.