British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

The situation with regards the old management is very disappointing and has caused a lot of damage to the club, it will take time to re build it..

• Like 2

Hopefully the club can be built back bigger and stronger.

• Like 2

Sad news. Make the assumption none of the riders been paid as been told our former eagle in same boat. Hopefully someone can step in resurrect the eagles

• Like 1

It isn't the first time a promoter has "done a runner" and left a financial mess.    

But when a track has been viable before the carpetbagger came to town, it can be so again under better, more-prudent stewardship.

Hopefully, a responsible promoter can step up, forge a deal with the stadium ownership and BSPL, and allow speedway to continue -- perhaps at a less-ambitious level -- at Charlie Dugard's lovely little stadium in Sussex for many years........

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, M.D said:

The situation with regards the old management is very disappointing and has caused a lot of damage to the club, it will take time to re build it..

32 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Hopefully the club can be built back bigger and stronger.

24 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Sad news. Make the assumption none of the riders been paid as been told our former eagle in same boat. Hopefully someone can step in resurrect the eagles

4 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

It isn't the first time a promoter has "done a runner" and left a financial mess.    

But when a track has been viable before the carpetbagger came to town, it can be so again under better, more-prudent stewardship.

Hopefully, a responsible promoter can step up, forge a deal with the stadium ownership and BSPL, and allow speedway to continue -- perhaps at a less-ambitious level -- at Charlie Dugard's lovely little stadium in Sussex for many years........

I'm sure this is the general consensus from most speedway fans, realising it's not the 'club' but the last promotion, pretty convinced it won't tarnish the Dugard legacy and hopefully we can move on, but will take something special. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I'm owed money, but it wouldn't stop me going again. Not everybody will be on board though.

Don't suppose anything can be done with money owed to riders, but wonder if any new promotion could at worst give discounts or even a free meeting (or 2)to people like yourself owed money if the info can be found, cost a bit at the start, but hopefully would pay back long term.

Just now, gazzac said:

Don't suppose anything can be done with money owed to riders, but wonder if any new promotion could at worst give discounts or even a free meeting (or 2)to people like yourself owed money if the info can be found, cost a bit at the start, but hopefully would pay back long term.

Some, if not all of the bond might be used to pay the wages owed to the riders. 

7 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Some, if not all of the bond might be used to pay the wages owed to the riders. 

Thats true, but unfortunately only at 'standard' rates!!

• Like 1

Does anybody actually know what is outstanding to riders, fans, stadium rent etc?

It does appear Ian and even the lovely Carol have both gone to ground now?

Would be nice to have a statement to say what the current situation is and plans if any going forward.

Ian in his assessment back in August said he had people interested and would pass details over.

Guess now @Richard Weston has retired as M.D stated other week guess we won't be getting anymore website updates under Ian Jordan Promotion.

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

I'm owed money, but it wouldn't stop me going again. Not everybody will be on board though.

I’m the same, I’d go but would probably pay each week, as the season ticket savings are usually marginal anyway.

But….I’m not sure I could stomach NL level ‘racing’ on the basis of the NL / ‘second halves’ I saw this year. It was miles away from the product we saw when in the NL of 2017 and 2018. With respect, many of the guys struggled to turn the bikes and the races were more akin to strung out ‘demonstration’ or training laps. No one is going to do a 100 mile round trip to watch that regularly.

To be honest the whole structure of British Speedway needs a review, the Premiership is tedious with just 6 clubs (and Wolves won’t support that again). It is laughable to an outsider that with the current Premiership / Championship set up, the same riders race against each other on a regular basis but in different leagues and clubs. At least with the lack of national media coverage we are saved the embarrassment of that being ‘exposed’ to other sports people. (Or perhaps that would be the kick start to making changes?)

1 hour ago, Jimsboy said:

Does anybody actually know what is outstanding to riders, fans, stadium rent etc?

It does appear Ian and even the lovely Carol have both gone to ground now?

Would be nice to have a statement to say what the current situation is and plans if any going forward.

Ian in his assessment back in August said he had people interested and would pass details over.

Guess now @Richard Weston has retired as M.D stated other week guess we won't be getting anymore website updates under Ian Jordan Promotion.

I wonder where this all leaves Les Fineing of Fineprints as according to Companies House records he is joint shareholder with Ian Jordan which I would imagine would make him 50% responsible for any monies owed.  Last time I heard Les Fineing mentioned at Arlington he had just come out of hospital after having heart surgery

We will need to stand by the club at this time and recognise that a new management team will have no control or links to Ian Jordan, I'm sure some positive news is around the corner..

1 minute ago, M.D said:

We will need to stand by the club at this time and recognise that a new management team will have no control or links to Ian Jordan, I'm sure some positive news is around the corner..

From what I've heard there might be, but maybe not in time for 2022. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

I wonder where this all leaves Les Fineing of Fineprints as according to Companies House records he is joint shareholder with Ian Jordan which I would imagine would make him 50% responsible for any monies owed.  Last time I heard Les Fineing mentioned at Arlington he had just come out of hospital after having heart surgery

It’s a limited liability company so there is no apportionment of debt or responsibility to shareholders. Les would only be liable for any monies owing under a directors guarantee that he may have signed up to.

• Thanks 1