British Speedway Forum

15 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

14-17th November I heard but could be wrong!

I believe that is correct.

Are the NL promotions going to be invited this time or will they be left to fend for themselves as usual after the higher tiers have picked the carcass clean?  

I can safely predict that this will be the most important AGM for years and that major changes are needed to ensure speedways survival..... Then on the Monday we'll find out nothing has changed and that the same crap will continue and be allowed to ruin this sport further still. That's until the AGM of 2020 which will again be the most important one ever. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Spl77 said:

I can safely predict that this will be the most important AGM for years and that major changes are needed to ensure speedways survival..... Then on the Monday we'll find out nothing has changed and that the same crap will continue and be allowed to ruin this sport further still. That's until the AGM of 2020 which will again be the most important one ever. 

Can't agree, I'm afriad

They'll at least change the helmet covers from yellow to green :rofl:

That apart, you're bang on the money

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tyke said:

Can't agree, I'm afriad

That apart, you're bang on the money

+ Buster will buy the rest Premiership Teams.

• Haha 1

This year under Buster has been so good they will be having sandwiches instead of biscuits

No doubt there will be even more discussion on the make up of these than there was on the choice of biscuits

What is most people’s gripe with sport?

The fact you are not seeing the ‘top’ riders for your buck?

Or the doubling up and down due to the lack of riders because we haven’t or didn’t want to invest in UK riders?

Or the quality of racing and the overall meeting experience?

Loss of teams in the south east of England?

The overall condition of the majority of stadiums that don’t measure up to 21st century viewing requirements?

My answer would be ‘all of the above’ but being a realist it is what it is and unless there is money and lots of it none of this will drastically change.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GWC said:

What is most people’s gripe with sport?

The fact you are not seeing the ‘top’ riders for your buck?

Or the doubling up and down due to the lack of riders because we haven’t or didn’t want to invest in UK riders?

Or the quality of racing and the overall meeting experience?

Loss of teams in the south east of England?

The overall condition of the majority of stadiums that don’t measure up to 21st century viewing requirements?

My answer would be ‘all of the above’ but being a realist it is what it is and unless there is money and lots of it none of this will drastically change.

The rule book plus the doubling up and down and the overall experience at the tracks makes the package very undesirable. The bikes are clearly not suitable to most of the UK tracks.

Having the top riders back won't really make any difference to the above. Let's face it the sport in the UK needs a complete overhaul top to bottom rule book the lot. 

The problem seems to be that the bspa for whatever reason for as long as I've been a supporter have never wanted on the face of it to run the UK leagues in a professional manner.

Well that's not strictly true the old NL prior the amalgamation with the BL at the end of 1990 was a professional well run league. 

• Like 3

Personally my biggest gripe is the gulf of ability between the riders on track. Teams built with 10 point and 2 point riders going to the tapes at the same time and still expect entertainment. If teams were forced to build strength in depth many meetings and races would be far more entertaining.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 8:18 PM, tyke said:

What about Green & Black? We've not tried that yet... It may just be the innovation that save Speedway in the UK

2 hours ago, iainb said:

What about Green & Black? We've not tried that yet... It may just be the innovation that save Speedway in the UK

Or brown, maybe? :wink: