British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

I think that having no gp’s and no world under 21’s to think about next year will do Robert the world of good definitely thought that his work load was to much this year. Don’t know if he is likely to get a place in the sec but should be able to cope with that.

An injury free year will also help him regain his 2018 form and we mustn’t forget he still is only 21

• Like 5

Robert is a very talented rider but personally feel he’s 2-3 years away from being good enough for Grand Prix racing full time

Edited by pubichair
  • Like 4

On 10/7/2019 at 9:12 PM, Clive Ward said:

I think that having no gp’s and no world under 21’s to think about next year will do Robert the world of good definitely thought that his work load was to much this year. Don’t know if he is likely to get a place in the sec but should be able to cope with that.

An injury free year will also help him regain his 2018 form and we mustn’t forget he still is only 21

I would have him back for 2020.

My 1st 3 would be

Lambo

Wright

Riss

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I would have him back for 2020.

My 1st 3 would be

Lambo

Wright

Riss

Same here, these riders were my main three in the team I posted earlier, I also like a bit of continuity which is why I also included MPT and Lewis.

On 10/10/2019 at 12:48 PM, Clive Ward said:

Same here, these riders were my main three in the team I posted earlier, I also like a bit of continuity which is why I also included MPT and Lewis.

As much as I like Lewis he is no good away. We need riders who can also ride the away tracks but unfortunately he does not cut the mustard away. And we had too many of them riders last year 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lynnboy said:

As much as I like Lewis he is no good away. We need riders who can also ride the away tracks but unfortunately he does not cut the mustard away. And we had too many of them riders last year 

If I thought Lewis would spend the majority of the season in the main body of the team I wouldn’t have put him in my team for the exact reason you have given but imo I couldn’t see him getting above MPT or Bomber. 

I saw Lewis ride in his first ever meeting for Lynn Young Stars so I find it very hard not to include him in my team.

For such an accomplished and now fairly experienced rider who averages seven and a half in the Championship it was odd how few points Lewis scores for Lynn on the road this year, he should have been our trump card once he dropped to reserve. Just didn’t happen for him unfortunately. 

1. Lambert 7.81

2. Jorgenson 5.90

3. Riss 6.61

4. MPT 6.30

5. Cook 7.78

6. Proctor 4.30

7. Stefan Nielsen 3.81

42.51, presume reductions for Lambert? Can't see many changes as the team was very good when all clicking.

10 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

1. Lambert 7.81

2. Jorgenson 5.90

3. Riss 6.61

4. MPT 6.30

5. Cook 7.78

6. Proctor 4.30

7. Stefan Nielsen 3.81

42.51, presume reductions for Lambert? Can't see many changes as the team was very good when all clicking.

No thanks ;) The Stars won nothing away from home this season. We have had to many riders not doing it away from home :t:

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

No thanks ;) The Stars won nothing away from home this season. We have had to many riders not doing it away from home :t:

Proctor on a 4.30 is good value. Will easily add to that next year. 

I'd say Lambert and Cook are certs and we should build around those two.

For me, Jørgensen & MPT havn't done enough and will be very weak No2 & No4's. 

1. Lambert 7.81

2. 6.00

3. Riss 6.61

4. 6.00

5. Cook 7.78

6. Proctor 4.30

7. Nicol 4.00

I'd say that's where we need to be, 2 fresh faces in the middle order with away meetings in mind would be very solid. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Proctor on a 4.30 is good value. Will easily add to that next year. 

I'd say Lambert and Cook are certs and we should build around those two.

For me, Jørgensen & MPT havn't done enough and will be very weak No2 & No4's. 

1. Lambert 7.81

2. 6.00

3. Riss 6.61

4. 6.00

5. Cook 7.78

6. Proctor 4.30

7. Nicol 4.00

I'd say that's where we need to be, 2 fresh faces in the middle order with away meetings in mind would be very solid. 

Replace Riss with NKI,and Harris and Nicholls in the 2 and 4 positions and i think you have a decent team on the road.

I love Riss and his style on a bike.But i've watched him closely over the last few weeks of the season and i think probably a 6.6 average is as far as he can go.He seems to ride mid track 90% of the time and when behind he doesn't try different lines to overtake.He isn't the quickest neither if you look at his times.Even for Redcar his times are often slower than other winning races.So i wouldn't hesitate at bringing NKI back in for Riss.

Riss had an off at kings lynn, can't remember which match, but after that was never quite as quick, put it down to not having another bike that was as quick. MPT and Riss should be shoe ins for me as they did hold their own on the road. Problems were 2 misfiring heat leaders and tj, lewi and what other reserve we could muster bring pants on the road

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tellboy said:

Replace Riss with NKI,and Harris and Nicholls in the 2 and 4 positions and i think you have a decent team on the road.

I love Riss and his style on a bike.But i've watched him closely over the last few weeks of the season and i think probably a 6.6 average is as far as he can go.He seems to ride mid track 90% of the time and when behind he doesn't try different lines to overtake.He isn't the quickest neither if you look at his times.Even for Redcar his times are often slower than other winning races.So i wouldn't hesitate at bringing NKI back in for Riss.

I think Riss and MPT have to be retained, were two bright spots in a pretty awful season. 

The team you have suggested has plenty of experience but has too many riders past their best and whose careers are only going one way.....Proctor, Nicholls and Harris certainly are and I’d suggest Puk won’t ever be the rider he once was for Lynn. I’d personally prefer to see some new younger blood. 

• Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 9:35 AM, tellboy said:

I listed Erik in my team. I think he can put something on his average. I agree , coming out of bend 4, he looks the dogs. However I can see where you are coming from to a degree.

Re: Not the quickest... It might be just me, but as good as he looks, I think he might be scrubbing a little speed off the way he turns the bike. Maybe be a bit to hard? It looks great, but is it the fastest way round?.

He is no light weight either. Not fat but deffo likes the weights. Muscle is heavy.

I'd be happy with him back, and wouldn't of mentioned it if it wasn't brought up :t:

Edited by Bald Bloke

Perhaps Erik feels he needs those muscles Bald Bloke - to be able to hang on at Compost Corner ;)