British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Perhaps Erik feels he needs those muscles Bald Bloke - to be able to hang on at Compost Corner ;)

I thought you was alright. Seems I was wrong :lol: Up the Robins :approve:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I thought you was alright. Seems I was wrong :lol: Up the Robins :approve:

I'm hoping we put it right up the Robin's too :D

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I think Riss and MPT have to be retained, were two bright spots in a pretty awful season. 

The team you have suggested has plenty of experience but has too many riders past their best and whose careers are only going one way.....Proctor, Nicholls and Harris certainly are and I’d suggest Puk won’t ever be the rider he once was for Lynn. I’d personally prefer to see some new younger blood. 

Out of Riss and Toft i would most definitely have Toft.He certainly found the quickest way around the NA in the 2nd half of the season and found a few passes to boot.I feel Eric can't do this.After watching every match this season(home)Eric has the style but certainly needs to gate to be in the points.

The reason i put Nicholls and Harris in is i think they should do well being they will 4th and 5th in the averages.

At reserve my original rider was Kvech and i still would go with him instead of Proctor.A bit of new blood don't hurt any team.

Who knows next week there may be a Dane that impresses and we could see one of those in the team.Unfortunately i will be working my last ever night shift next week and will miss the GB v Denmark meeting.

Proctor? Really? At any average? He gets swallowed up far too often around Lynn.

• Like 1

I think most riders need to gate at Lynn to be in the points nowadays unfortunately. Even Robert struggled to pass this year. I feel there is more to come from Erik and want that to be at Lynn. 

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think most riders need to gate at Lynn to be in the points nowadays unfortunately. Even Robert struggled to pass this year. I feel there is more to come from Erik and want that to be at Lynn. 

Seems to be the case at most tracks these days. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Yes, you are right but what I saw of Proctor was that he got passed too easily down the back straight having made a decent start. 

22 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Yes, you are right but what I saw of Proctor was that he got passed too easily down the back straight having made a decent start. 

Yep, my reply was to tellboy really in relation to Riss. Wasn’t referring to Proctor but I think we did well to get a decent season out of him last year, he was pretty awful this season and his stick has fallen in both leagues unfortunately for him. Certainly wouldn’t want him near the team for 2020 despite his average.

• Like 3

Good to see some fresh teams in the league. Another big track side might help us out a bit on the road as well.

Would prefer Iversen over Cook, especially if he’s over his shoulder issue.

Proctor should be able to do a job at reserve. Was a stupid move to ask him to take on the 2nd heat leader role. He’s a confidence rider and should score well at reserve. 

Lambert 7.81 plus 2.5% deduction? 7.61 if so.

Iversen 7.54

Riss 6.61

Palm Toft 6.30

Proctor 4.43

That makes 32.49. If team building average is still 42.50, that leaves 10.01 for a decent middle order man and the other reserve.

Should be plenty of options in the middle order. Thomas Jorgensen’s shocking away form means it’s a no from me.

Would like Charles Wright (6.68) but think there would be other teams ahead of us in the queue. Chris Harris (6.16) looks appealing as well and unlikely to be back at Ipswich. He’s obviously on the way down but could definitely still do a job at Lynn. I’d also take Musielak (6.21) in a heartbeat but again likely to down the pecking order there. Steve Worrall (5.67) could probably do with a move to freshen up his career and he’s done well at Lynn at times but likely to be back at Belle Vue.

At reserve, Broc Nicol must be in the frame but wonder whether Sheffield coming up might stop him coming. If not maybe Josh Pickering.

Edited by Speedball

56 minutes ago, Speedball said:

Would prefer Iversen over Cook, especially if he’s over his shoulder issue.

was under the impression Iversen was only doing Poland next year

14 minutes ago, stevehone said:

That’s a shame but I guess no surprise. Was hoping if he dropped Sweden, the UK might get a look in, especially if he’s at a local track.

11 hours ago, stevehone said:

Also can’t see him doing a full season in the UK as well, although in fairness he was one of only a handful that stayed when others left (along with Doyle, Freddie, Zagar) in most recent seasons.