British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

On 10/22/2019 at 8:46 PM, Speedball said:

Good to see some fresh teams in the league. Another big track side might help us out a bit on the road as well.

Would prefer Iversen over Cook, especially if he’s over his shoulder issue.

Proctor should be able to do a job at reserve. Was a stupid move to ask him to take on the 2nd heat leader role. He’s a confidence rider and should score well at reserve. 

Lambert 7.81 plus 2.5% deduction? 7.61 if so.

Iversen 7.54

Riss 6.61

Palm Toft 6.30

Proctor 4.43

That makes 32.49. If team building average is still 42.50, that leaves 10.01 for a decent middle order man and the other reserve.

Should be plenty of options in the middle order. Thomas Jorgensen’s shocking away form means it’s a no from me.

Would like Charles Wright (6.68) but think there would be other teams ahead of us in the queue. Chris Harris (6.16) looks appealing as well and unlikely to be back at Ipswich. He’s obviously on the way down but could definitely still do a job at Lynn. I’d also take Musielak (6.21) in a heartbeat but again likely to down the pecking order there. Steve Worrall (5.67) could probably do with a move to freshen up his career and he’s done well at Lynn at times but likely to be back at Belle Vue.

At reserve, Broc Nicol must be in the frame but wonder whether Sheffield coming up might stop him coming. If not maybe Josh Pickering.

If Kent do go in to the premiership, I believe that's where Lambert will be!  

23 minutes ago, sommelier said:

If Kent do go in to the premiership, I believe that's where Lambert will be!  

Why?

23 minutes ago, Trees said:

Why?

23 minutes ago, Trees said:

Why?

Come on do your homework, no brainier!

Just now, sommelier said:

Come on do your homework, no brainier!

I for one seriously like to see Lambert progress, IMO he needs to get away from Lynn, going far to stale at Lynn. Just look how Ward kicked on after his move to Swindon 

1 hour ago, sommelier said:

I for one seriously like to see Lambert progress, IMO he needs to get away from Lynn, going far to stale at Lynn. Just look how Ward kicked on after his move to Swindon 

He didn't have his best year anywhere this season, particularly after his fantastic 2018, he belongs at Lynn, it's home ....

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Trees said:

He didn't have his best year anywhere this season, particularly after his fantastic 2018, he belongs at Lynn, it's home ....

Be absolutely gutted if he were to leave Lynn 

2 hours ago, sommelier said:

Ward was going places when he first signed for Lynn in the old PL,and the NL.He was a natural talent that was only every going to the top of the speedway world.Unfortunately fate stepped in and put an end to him getting to the very top.

3 hours ago, sommelier said:

He’s had one poor season, I’d hardly call that going stale. Struggled in every league compared to 2018, it can happen in speedway. He may even have ridden himself out of it but for his two massive crashes. 

I don’t think a move to Kent would do him any harm but riding at Lynn every week can only be good for his gating while it remains to be so hard to pass there. Also worth remembering that last year was his breakthrough season and he rode for Lynn then so it can’t have been too bad for him. 

• Like 2

Can't see much chance of him riding a small track. I recall him saying the smaller tracks in Britain effect his European big track form. He was talking like he was thinking of not riding England because of it. 

Is there anyone  that is a ‘must return’ rider for next season ?  For me the answer is no.   

1 hour ago, semion said:

Is there anyone  that is a ‘must return’ rider for next season ?  For me the answer is no.   

For me R.Lambert is a must.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, tellboy said:

For me R.Lambert is a must.

I'd agree with that. Tough season for him last year but with his local connections and undoubted talent, he'd be the first name in my 1 to 7.

He's also got the ability to add a point to his average which are the kind of riders you need if you want to challenge for titles.

Absolutely Lambert. No brainer. 

Riss, MPT and Cook would be preferable to stay but not essential if better options were found. Jorgensen, Kerr, Andersen, Porsing and S Lambert to be moved on for me unfortunately, we need fresh blood and better options for away matches. 

Can’t decide on Proctor having thought about it, his average is extremely attractive even though he is a shadow of the rider he once was. 

• Like 2