British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

I liked the December supporters meetings where they were announced,but it doesn't bother me which way they choose to do it.But like i said you won't please all anyway.

Trouble with doing it in one big hit is word gets out.  If you agree terms say a month in advance of fans meeting then that’s a long time for X number of people ( those in the know) to keep their mouths shut.  

Im all for when you have some news, get it out there. Whet the appetite.

Jonas Jeppesen certainly seems to have progressed since his spell with Somerset and Ipswich in 2018. 8th in this seasons World U21 Final. Jan Kvech who finished 6th (only 2 points behind Lambert) also looked useful. Maybe Topinka/Brhel could put in a good word for us.

If we're talking U21 riders though, I'd rather have Gleb Chugunov. Now that's a signing that could re-ignite my passion for speedway.

• Like 2

On 17 November 2019 at 9:28 AM, 1984Star said:

Would like to see

Robert Lambert    7.81
Craig Cook            7.78
Niels k Iversen     7.54
Erik Riss                6.61
Ryan Douglas       4.66
Broc Nichol           4.00
Jonas Jeppersen 4.00

More like to be

Robert Lambert    7.81
Erik Riss                6.61
Mpt                        6.30
Chris Harris          6.16
TJ                           5.90
Lewis Kerr             5.57
Kasper Andersen 4.00

As much as I like MPT as a rider do we really need him in the a Stars team next season? Can't see he is going to up his average , l think it's time for him to move on.

20 hours ago, mrss said:

As much as I like MPT as a rider do we really need him in the a Stars team next season? Can't see he is going to up his average , l think it's time for him to move on.

Are you watching the same MPT as i am ? he was one of are best rider for the last two years .

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Greg said:

Are you watching the same MPT as i am ? he was one of are best rider for the last two years .

Have to agree Greg.I was much more confident in MPT getting wins if he gated and points even if he didn't,especially at the NA.

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

Have to agree Greg.I was much more confident in MPT getting wins if he gated and points even if he didn't,especially at the NA.

I think my self he rode better when he was not paired with Robert Lambert .

38 minutes ago, Greg said:

What have we won in the last 2 years with him in the team?

22 minutes ago, mrss said:

What have we won in the last 2 years with him in the team?

Let's be honest,if he wasn't injured last season we would have won the league.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Let's be honest,if he wasn't injured last season we would have won the league.

Yes, if he hadn't of got injured at Poole , we would of probably won the league. But the record books say we were runners up. MPT is a good reserve rider but I don't think he will up his average in the main body of the team. 

Not every rider you have in your 7 is going  to up their average.  Some riders you want in there to just hold their average.

Despite finishing nowhere in the League Lynn’s 7 ended up well over the 42.5 points  level.

49 minutes ago, mrss said:

Yes, if he hadn't of got injured at Poole , we would of probably won the league. But the record books say we were runners up. MPT is a good reserve rider but I don't think he will up his average in the main body of the team. 

So you are saying we haven’t won anything with him in the team but would have done had he not got knocked off and injured in the 2019 final :blink:  make your mind up :D 

For the record I think MPT has probably peaked but he is better away from home than others and can at least pass at Lynn. 

• Like 3

I am saying we haven't won anything with MPT in the team , because we haven't . I like MPT but I think a change in team building is needed. 

23 minutes ago, mrss said:

I am saying we haven't won anything with MPT in the team , because we haven't . I like MPT but I think a change in team building is needed. 

So you’re not having Robert Lambert either?