British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

12 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Thanks. I think he would do well to average anything above 8, at this stage.

With the opposition he has to face I can't see any reason why he won't achieve his current average or above.

22 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

With the opposition he has to face I can't see any reason why he won't achieve his current average or above.

Guess we will find out soon enough. Deffo a bums on seats rider. Can only be good for British speedway :t:

Edited by Bald Bloke

I say well done to Sheffield for bring back Nicki P.     What a great capture he is.  I'm sure he'll create so much  added interest that has been missing for some time.   Love him or hate him.  you can rest assured he will give 100% every time he rides.   Controversy always follows him about..  Our speedway has lack characters for some years now,  but they don't come much bigger than Nicki.

What a pity each of the 7 clubs can't do the same....   Wonderful  acquisition.....  This undoubtedly, will gain more  headlines in the national press then the sport normally gets

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

23 hours ago, mrss said:

Yes, if he hadn't of got injured at Poole , we would of probably won the league. But the record books say we were runners up. MPT is a good reserve rider but I don't think he will up his average in the main body of the team. 

MPT and Kerr are good solid reserves but as soon as averages get above 5.5 its time to move on as the only way is down!

Edited by Woffy

Tried to put a team together that not only should get us to the play-offs but also entertain as well and I came up with this

1. Lambert   7.61

2. TJ.  5.90

3  Wright  6.51

4  Riss  6.61

5  Cook  7.59

6  Pickering 4.65

7  Perks  3.57

Team Total 42.44

Dont suppose we will get Wright, Pickering or Perks but you never know

At least Potman will be pleased that I’ve included TJ in my team.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Clive Ward said:

Tried to put a team together that not only should get us to the play-offs but also entertain as well and I came up with this

1. Lambert   7.61

2. TJ.  5.90

3  Wright  6.51

4  Riss  6.61

5  Cook  7.59

6  Pickering 4.65

7  Perks  3.57

Team Total 42.44

Dont suppose we will get Wright, Pickering or Perks but you never know

At least Potman will be pleased that I’ve included TJ in my team.

Those of you that actually went to the AFA this year will have seen that TJ was involved in many of the more exciting races this season.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Potman said:

Those of you that actually went to the AFA this year will have seen that TJ was involved in many of the more exciting races this season.

He was great at home, but his averaged dropped by 4 points away. Home 7.71    Away 3.78. That's huge. The biggest gap in the league I would of thought.

As you know the Stars got nothing on the road last season. A few changes are needed if we want a play off place. We need to pick points up on the road in 2020.

I'm not saying change the whole team, but Lynn's engine room needs to be better next season if they are serious about winning things. We had to many flying around the AFA, but poor away. Not picking on any one rider, but a few stats......

Last places...…...

Home   TJ 3 ...….. Away 11

Erik 1...….   Away 10

MPT 3.....    Away11

Lewis  7......  Away 18

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

He was great at home, but his averaged dropped by 4 points away. Home 7.71    Away 3.78. That's huge. The biggest gap in the league I would of thought.

As you know the Stars got nothing on the road last season. A few changes are needed if we want a play off place. We need to pick points up on the road in 2020.

I'm not saying change the whole team, but Lynn's engine room needs to be better next season if they are serious about winning things. We had to many flying around the AFA, but poor away. Not picking on any one rider, but a few stats......

Last places...…...

Home   TJ 3 ...….. Away 11

Erik 1...….   Away 10

MPT 3.....    Away11

Lewis  7......  Away 18

I realise TJ's away form was not so good, but watching some of the passing moves he made at the AFA was often worth it and as you know we have had a lot of gate and go for the last few seasons, so a bit of passing makes the visit all the more enjoyable.

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Is it safe to assume all Buster's teams are waiting to see what's left so he can get the remaining riders on the cheap.

All? Do you mean both? In fact it may just be one - Kings Lynn......

49 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Is it safe to assume all Buster's teams are waiting to see what's left so he can get the remaining riders on the cheap.

No.

58 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

All? Do you mean both? In fact it may just be one - Kings Lynn......

Hasn't he got a hand in all the East Anglian premiership teams?

Edited by foreverblue

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Not according to Chris Louis  Bank balance

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Ipswich it seems never happened in the end and I've heard Boro were already traded on although nothing has ever been publically announced 

Typical speedway transparency!

With all the gossip, supposition and bullish!t on this forum though you can’t really blame gullible folk for believing certain things.