British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Ipswich it seems never happened in the end and I've heard Boro were already traded on although nothing has ever been publically announced 

Typical speedway transparency!

Nonsense 

Reported as far as the Premiership final this year

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2019-09-29/witches-soar-to-speedway-s-premiership-grand-final/

This regarding Peterborough September this year

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/more-sport/peterborough-panthers-are-safe-to-continue-for-now-1-9063265

Edited by Daniel Smith
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Nonsense 

What part is nonsense? The Ipswich part certainly isn’t. Chapman isn’t the owner of Ipswich, Chris Louis said so himself a few weeks back.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

What part is nonsense? The Ipswich part certainly isn’t. Chapman isn’t the owner of Ipswich, Chris Louis said so himself a few weeks back.

May not be now but he certainly was up to the season ending this year. 

Louis had a buy back clause and may/may not have taken up the option. 

Taps said Chapman never was part of Ipswich and that's a lie

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Chris Louis has been quoted that the sale never actually went through 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

You’re wrong, Chapman has never owned Ipswich. That may have initially been the intention, but it never materialised. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

It seems Chapman never completed any deal that was initially discussed for Ipswich - no buy back was required

56 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Dont believe everything you read - that goes for life in general and doubly true for speedway in particular

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Nonsense 

The only nonsense is your refusal to consider the real situation could be different

Louis was quoted in a recent podcast as saying that the deal was ongoing when asked about the sale  of the club . 

I dont know what that means to the webbed fingered friends over the border in Narfolk but down in Suffolk we'd see that as no deal has been signed so imo the club never changed hands . 

1 hour ago, Pob said:

Louis was quoted in a recent podcast as saying that the deal was ongoing when asked about the sale  of the club . 

I dont know what that means to the webbed fingered friends over the border in Narfolk but down in Suffolk we'd see that as no deal has been signed so imo the club never changed hands . 

Have a link for the podcast? 

If it's a recent (in the last 2 months) I'd say that the "ongoing deal" is the negotiations for a buy back

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

If it's a recent (in the last 2 months) I'd say that the "ongoing deal" is the negotiations for a buy back

That was my thinking.

But on the other hand it doesn't really bother me who owns who as long as we have speedway to watch.Especially when it means we now have the local derbies back.Even though they aren't like they use to be.

8 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

No, it was the sale of the club, NOT a “buyback”. 

Chapman isn’t, and never was the owner of Ipswich Witches and probably now never will be now he’s no longer chair of the BSPA. 

I suggest you also read this weeks Speedway Star and the part titled “Stepping down”, in which the article starts with “Kings Lynn and Peterborough owner Keith Chapman”. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I must certainly do ! as per when i originally posted the link on November 7th on the Ipswich 2020 thread.

Try the link below at 4.00 minutes in , Louis takes about the proposed sale which hasn't happened yet ! 

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/speedway/louis-looks-ahead-to-play-offs-and-back-on-the-season-1-6285927

Sounds like talks took place but no deal was ever signed so i will say again IMO the sale hasn't gone through . How can Uncle Buster be part of something it the deal wasn't signed ?

Or do things work differently across the border ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It seems Chapman never completed any deal that was initially discussed for Ipswich - no buy back was required

Think it is now generally accepted that for whatever reason the sale of Ipswich to Chapman never went through. For which  I am sure Ipswich fans will be eternally thankful

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1