British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

14 hours ago, ScottCampos178 said:

Do you think there was a profit made at Lynn this year? Or previous years for that matter? 

I think that there is a misconception from some that the Lynn promotion do this every year to follow a cycle, and don't want to win. In reality, there is nothing more they want than to succeed! 

So maybe get behind the promotion/team and actually support them, through good and bad.... Just a thought.

There’s been enough bad times to last a lifetime!!  The promotion is rubbish the track is rubbish and going by the riders being announced and what’s still available the team is probably going to be basically the same failure of a team we had last year! 

just a thought! Lol 

14 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Fans do support through thick & thin but they also have a right to an opinion, especially on the obvious. 

To have a winning formula you have to be ruthless. One thing for sure, when it comes rider's, King's Lynn are far far to nice. To much patience given to under performing rider's, only finding replacements when a rider gets injured. 

Last season, had it been Poole or Swindon, for a fact, they would have told Jorgensen, Kerr, Proctor etc to get lost far far quicker and replacements sort in double quick time. 

With 7 teams in the league, 24 matches, time isn't available for rider's 'to find form'. The fans need to see the management care. If a rider has 4-5 bad meetings they need to be gotten rid of and replaced. 

Getting whacked away from home by 25-30 point regularly isn't acceptable. We can see through the crap press releases with the usual "he'll get it right the next meeting" nonsense. 

If the fans believe and see rider's and management giving everything to win there's nothing to moan about. 

When you get 1-5'd and the manager is on track patting rider's on the back it gives the 'couldn't give a s#!+' attitude. Gives the crowd the wrong impression, like winning isnt important. 

It 100% is, it needs to be seen that this game matters to the club. 

Nicey nicey in sport does NOT work and again, it's what King's Lynn are, nicey nicey. It does get in rider's heads that a few bad meeting don't matter. They'll know that they'll be back the next meeting to 'try again' knowing the sack isn't around the corner. 

Your post is spot on Daniel!

26 minutes ago, pubichair said:

There’s been enough bad times to last a lifetime!!  The promotion is rubbish the track is rubbish and going by the riders being announced and what’s still available the team is probably going to be basically the same failure of a team we had last year! 

just a thought! Lol 

You’re a rubbish supporter so you fit in well. 

• Like 3

1 Lambert 7.65

2 MPT 6.30 / Museliak 6.21

3 Riss 6.61

4 Lawson 5.78 / Andersen 5.79

5 Cook 7.62

6 THJ 4.18

7 Pickering 4.18

Happy to be corrected on any averages which might not be spot on. 

23 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

1 Lambert 7.65

3 Riss 6.61

5 Cook 7.62

6 THJ 4.18

7 Pickering 4.18

How about below along with what you suggested? 

1. R.Lambert 7.61

2. C.Wright 6.51

3. E.Riss 6.61

4. R.Lawson 5.64

5. C.Cook 7.59

6. J.Pickering 4.36

7. T.Jonasson 4.18

Ave: 42.50

8 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

How about below along with what you suggested? 

1. R.Lambert 7.61

2. C.Wright 6.51

3. E.Riss 6.61

4. R.Lawson 5.64

5. C.Cook 7.59

6. J.Pickering 4.36

7. T.Jonasson 4.18

Ave: 42.50

Even better but I believe Charles has already signed for Belle Vue. 

Four new, fresh faces certainly appeals to me. 

Edited by Bagpuss

Museliak is taking a year out.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

1 Lambert 7.65

3 Riss 6.61

5 Cook 7.62

6 THJ 4.18

7 Pickering 4.18

Not bad that Baggy. I would like Charles Wright, but as said I think he's sorted.

If there was a choice I would have Toby over MPT, harsh on MPT, but Toby is on a bargain average I think. Probably Hans over Lawson if he is not Peterborough bound. :t:

i would not mind somthing like this

1.Robert or NKI 

2.E.Riss 

3.M.Bech

4.MPT

5.C.Cook

6.L.Kerr

7.T.Jonasson 

THJ was pretty woeful for us last time. Never seemed at ease with the track and past his best now.

Would rather an up and coming new face. Someone like Jan Kvech, Patrick Hansen, Mads Hansen, Jordan Stewart or Josh Pickering. Someone who could come in, hopefully do well and build into a heatleader as their career progresses.

Edited by Speedball
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Greg said:

Museliak is taking a year out.

Where have you seen this?

1 hour ago, Speedball said:

THJ was pretty woeful for us last time. Never seemed at ease with the track and past his best now.

Would rather an up and coming new face. Someone like Jan Kvech, Patrick Hansen, Mads Hansen, Jordan Stewart or Josh Pickering. Someone who could come in, hopefully do well and build into a heatleader as their career progresses.

I can remember him gradually improving at Lynn over a few matches culminating in paid 14 from five rides against Leicester before getting injured (!) in the next meeting. 

Don’t get me wrong, whether he excelled or flopped he would only be a short term, one season option to try and take advantage of a low average based on a few short spells over here. And he would be partnered with a young, fresh option a reserve rather than getting a team spot instead of one IMO. 

I just think that starting a season rather than joining towards of the end of one and riding in the second division too might mean that he is able to perform to a reasonably decent level at reserve and increase his starting average. It’s a risk due to his previous record of flattering to deceive and regular injuries but on just over a four I think the risk is worth it. 

Edited by Bagpuss

Think Ty Proctor will be at reserve. With his average and previous ties to Lynn, I can see that happening and think he could be a real trump card if he can find some confidence.

• Like 3

No chance of tempting Lebedevs back?