British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

You’re a rubbish supporter so you fit in well. 

What because I’ve got an opinion of the rubbish track, promotion and the rubbish teams they put together!? Haha 

Edited by pubichair

There have been some really good signings so far from other teams. I fear that unless we pull something out of the hat that is different from last season we could struggle again. Lambert is a must but not sure Buster will pay his demands of a 20% wage increase. I hope we can fit Iversen in some how?? I also hope that we can have 2 competent reserves rather than a passenger which we've had to put up with for the last 2 seasons.

10 minutes ago, pubichair said:

What because I’ve got an opinion of the rubbish track, promotion and the rubbish teams they put together!? Haha 

Nope, because your opinions aren’t balanced (always negative) and your criticism is never constructive, just saying ‘rubbish’ is poor debating. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cupidstunt said:

Lambert

Jorgenson

Riss

Cook

Proctor

Kerr

Kvech

Nope. But you can take your pick, as long it ain't Lambo,Cook or Riss;). Realistically there won't be 4 changes so expect another one from your team in the side.

Edited by Bald Bloke

7 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

How about below along with what you suggested? 

1. R.Lambert 7.61

2. C.Wright 6.51

3. E.Riss 6.61

4. R.Lawson 5.64

5. C.Cook 7.59

6. J.Pickering 4.36

7. T.Jonasson 4.18

Ave: 42.50

wright is riding for b/vue !!

On 11/26/2019 at 6:06 PM, Trees said:

So you don't want continuity then, thought that was what the fans wanted .......

With a miserable away record and finishing down the bottom of the league.......No.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 6:06 PM, Trees said:

So you don't want continuity then, thought that was what the fans wanted .......

You don't want continuity just for the sake of it, especially if they are not performing consistantly and they show no signs of improving, you have to except that they have reached there limit, teams win with riders that have progress in them and consistency, not double figures one meeting, and 3 or 4 in next.

Broc Nichol has signed for Wolves, thought we had him signed earlier this year, so lined up for 2020. :(

looks like a few decent sides out there being announced, wonder what inspiring options we'll be left with :(

Robert Lambert    7.81-2.5%
Craig Cook            7.78-2.5%

Andžejs Ļebedevs 7.00
Erik Riss                6.61
MPT                        6.30
Jonas Jeppersen 4.00

Danny Ayres          3.44-2.5%  

Edited by 1984Star

With the lack of Lynn's 2019 team being announced elsewhere, not sure if it bodes well in the second string department. Surley not same old with a change to get to 42.50

Sheffield and Swindon look to be setting the pace :angry:

Is Buster loosing money at Peterborough going to affect the Stars again :nono:

Edited by Bald Bloke

And so the annual whittling begins.....

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

If Swindon kept the fans in the dark about there team building there would be regular annual moans about it our club in that respect is terrific.Surely your club should of learned the feeling of some of your fans last year that they want to be regularly imformed about the team even if it is bad news or no news.It  seems strange to me Swindon/ Sheffield have showed the way and it keeps people buzzing over the new year waiting for April to arrive. As a business ploy goes keeping the fans in the dark seems very odd to me.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

If Swindon kept the fans in the dark about there team building there would be regular annual moans about it our club in that respect is terrific.Surely your club should of learned the feeling of some of your fans last year that they want to be regularly imformed about the team even if it is bad news or no news.It  seems strange to me Swindon/ Sheffield have showed the way and it keeps people buzzing over the new year waiting for April to arrive. As a business ploy goes keeping the fans in the dark seems very odd to me.

Sidney, it’s still November.....yes they got it wrong last year but the first signing is being revealed tomorrow and you’d like to think the rest will follow over the next couple of weeks. There also seems to be this idea that because we haven’t named a rider yet that none have been signed and other teams are getting in first when I’m pretty sure the team was sorted and signed weeks ago. 

People are of course entitled to be critical of who does or doesn’t end up in the team but FFS wait until it’s named before whinging and moaning. Other than Nicol I can’t see any others riders revealed so far by other teams who I would want or expect to be at Lynn anyway. 

Edited by Bagpuss

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Sidney, it’s still November.....yes they got it wrong last year but the first signing is being revealed tomorrow and you’d like to think the rest will follow over the next couple of weeks. There also seems to be this idea that because we haven’t named a rider yet that none have been signed and other teams are getting in first when I’m pretty sure the team was sorted and signed weeks ago. 

People are of course entitled to be critical of who does or doesn’t end up in the team but FFS wait until it’s named before whinging and moaning. Other than Nicol I can’t see any others riders revealed so far by other teams who I would want or expect to be at Lynn anyway. 

It is not whinging personally i could not care less, it just seems like a micky mouse way of doing thing's .Surely the customer is always right??? the worrying thing about your club is i dont think they have an  accurate idea week to week how many people are going to turn up.? And some of your most dedicated hardened loyal supporters could be in danger of losing interest and spending there hard earned money elsewhere.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Problem is though Baggy, people can see other clubs NOT signing the rider's we had last season. 

That means one thing, they're either back at King's Lynn again or Peterborough. 

Fans rightly so should worry about the losses made at Peterborough having an effort on what can be employed at King's Lynn, all honesty, only 3 of last seasons team would get a sniff of re-employment at any other club except King's Lynn it seems. 

Is like a Kindergarten club, "no matter how bad you were, you're more than welcome back next year". 

Fans have seen how this club has been run since the loss of Jonny Chapman and/or Rob Lyon. It's massively gone backwards. 

Make the Play-Off's one season, instead of building on it, we employ the same ols s#!+ the next season. 

Always backward steps after a bit of progress. 

• Like 1