British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

34 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

It is not whinging personally i could not care less, it just seems like a micky mouse way of doing thing's .Surely the customer is always right??? the worrying thing about your club is i dont think they have an  accurate idea week to week how many people are going to turn up.? And some of your most dedicated hardened loyal supporters could be in danger of losing interest and spending there hard earned money elsewhere.

I think Buster has a pretty accurate idea of who is going to turn up on any given race night considering the variables such as weather, opposition, holiday/half term periods etc. He’s been doing this for a long time now. 

27 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Problem is though Baggy, people can see other clubs NOT signing the rider's we had last season. 

That means one thing, they're either back at King's Lynn again or Peterborough. 

Fans rightly so should worry about the losses made at Peterborough having an effort on what can be employed at King's Lynn, all honesty, only 3 of last seasons team would get a sniff of re-employment at any other club except King's Lynn it seems. 

Is like a Kindergarten club, "no matter how bad you were, you're more than welcome back next year". 

Fans have seen how this club has been run since the loss of Jonny Chapman and/or Rob Lyon. It's massively gone backwards. 

Make the Play-Off's one season, instead of building on it, we employ the same ols s#!+ the next season. 

Always backward steps after a bit of progress. 

My main worry is that three or four underachievers are in the frame because they are popular on the terraces, if they ride Lynn well then a big proportion of the home punters aren’t really fussed what happens on the road. The next few weeks will tell us how ruthless the club is willing to be. 

As you say only three, maybe at a push four of last years team should be coming back. But they could conceivably replace Porsing with Proctor and keep the same team and that really would be poor decision making. 

Edited by Bagpuss

46 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Sidney, it’s still November.....yes they got it wrong last year but the first signing is being revealed tomorrow and you’d like to think the rest will follow over the next couple of weeks. There also seems to be this idea that because we haven’t named a rider yet that none have been signed and other teams are getting in first when I’m pretty sure the team was sorted and signed weeks ago. 

People are of course entitled to be critical of who does or doesn’t end up in the team but FFS wait until it’s named before whinging and moaning. Other than Nicol I can’t see any others riders revealed so far by other teams who I would want or expect to be at Lynn anyway. 

God you  sound like me Word for word  Well said sir

I think a lot of it comes from when we have had historically, some piss poor teams. Its the same trend every year, we seem to lag behind announcing anyone until it is plainly obvious what way the team is heading as we can see which riders are left and where they fit in. 

I think Jorgensen, Porsing, Proctor, Kerr and to a lesser extent Palm Toft have all had enough chances now and dont seem to be improving. But i reckon we will have at least two of them back...

59 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think Buster has a pretty accurate idea of who is going to turn up on any given race night considering the variables such as weather, opposition, holiday/half term periods etc. He’s been doing this for a long time now. 

My main worry is that three or four underachievers are in the frame because they are popular on the terraces, if they ride Lynn well then a big proportion of the home punters aren’t really fussed what happens on the road. The next few weeks will tell us how ruthless the club is willing to be. 

As you say only three, maybe at a push four of last years team should be coming back. But they could conceivably replace Porsing with Proctor and keep the same team and that really would be poor decision making. 

It has been said that Mikkel Bech is a cert in British Speedway this season. 

I hope it's King's Lynn alongside Lambert and Cook. 

Would be as competitive top 3 as any other club so far and that would show a statement of intent. 

Edited by Daniel Smith

Bech is ok but I don’t think I’d want him instead of Riss. He would be decent alongside him as an engine room, has always ridden Lynn will. 

27 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Bech is ok but I don’t think I’d want him instead of Riss. He would be decent alongside him as an engine room, has always ridden Lynn will. 

Wouldn't have to as should come back on his last UK average 

1. R.Lambert 7.61

2. R.Lawson 5.64

3. E.Riss 6.61

4. M.Bech 6.26

5. C.Cook 7.59

6. C.Vissing 4.43

7. J.Pickering 4.36

Ave: 42.50

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Wouldn't have to as should come back on his last UK average 

1. R.Lambert 7.61

2. R.Lawson 5.64

3. E.Riss 6.61

4. M.Bech 6.26

5. C.Cook 7.59

6. C.Vissing 4.43

7. J.Pickering 4.36

Ave: 42.50

Excellent team with what’s left.

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Problem is though Baggy, people can see other clubs NOT signing the rider's we had last season. 

That means one thing, they're either back at King's Lynn again or Peterborough. 

Fans rightly so should worry about the losses made at Peterborough having an effort on what can be employed at King's Lynn, all honesty, only 3 of last seasons team would get a sniff of re-employment at any other club except King's Lynn it seems. 

Is like a Kindergarten club, "no matter how bad you were, you're more than welcome back next year". 

Fans have seen how this club has been run since the loss of Jonny Chapman and/or Rob Lyon. It's massively gone backwards. 

Make the Play-Off's one season, instead of building on it, we employ the same ols s#!+ the next season. 

Always backward steps after a bit of progress. 

You beat me to it. Daniel.. Couldn't of put it better myself :t:

With riders names being bandied about , Lynn riders ain't being mentioned by anyone. That gets me thinking.. I realise Buster has probably got most of the team sorted, but the lack of last years team being mention elsewhere makes me wonder.

Edited by Bald Bloke

16 hours ago, Bunce said:

With a miserable away record and finishing down the bottom of the league.......No.

They had a good away record in 2018 ........ I never want to hear another fan say that continuity is the way to go to keep fans turning up then, they can't have it both ways!

Last year Robin decided he wanted to get the most coverage for the club out of the media during the close season so announced the team as he did, as fans we knew who was going to be in our team basically, but for the wider public (and that was who Robin was trying to reach for the good of the club) it was news and there's no doubt it kept the club in the media, I'm expecting announcements to be done a little different this close season, we'll wait and see .......

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

It has been said that Mikkel Bech is a cert in British Speedway this season. 

I hope it's King's Lynn alongside Lambert and Cook. 

Would be as competitive top 3 as any other club so far and that would show a statement of intent. 

I dunno why you worry Daniel cos you won't be coming to support the club will you?

14 minutes ago, Trees said:

I dunno why you worry Daniel cos you won't be coming to support the club will you?

irrelevant though. 

16 minutes ago, Trees said:

They had a good away record in 2018 ........ I never want to hear another fan say that continuity is the way to go to keep fans turning up then, they can't have it both ways!

Last year Robin decided he wanted to get the most coverage for the club out of the media during the close season so announced the team as he did, as fans we knew who was going to be in our team basically, but for the wider public (and that was who Robin was trying to reach for the good of the club) it was news and there's no doubt it kept the club in the media, I'm expecting announcements to be done a little different this close season, we'll wait and see .......

I think it was a reasonably good idea in principle but they dragged it out far too long. You can certainly see and understand the benefit of keeping the club in the news right through until March but there are other ways to do this. 

Also it was understandable how they built the team last year but unfortunately three or four riders (you could even argue five) performed way, way below expectations and the level they achieved in 2018. 

2 hours ago, Trees said:

Daniel can still follow the Stars , even if he doesn't attend. As well as supporting the Stars I also follow Arsenal football club , and it annoys me how poor they are. But I don't go to all there matches.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mrss said:

Daniel can still follow the Stars , even if he doesn't attend. As well as supporting the Stars I also follow Arsenal football club , and it annoys me how poor they are. But I don't go to all there matches.

So you go to some matches?

5 minutes ago, Trees said:

So you go to some matches?

I have been to 3 Arsenal matches in the last 2 seasons. I doubt if I will go to any this season. That doesn't stop me being peed off with there results so far this season.