British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

7 hours ago, therefused said:

irrelevant though. 

Not really ...... Re the signing of a team, there are parameters that the management have to stick to, we have to trust them to sign the best team within these parameters (budget, desire, numbers, personalities). We can be sure that they will be MORE disappointed than us if the riders they choose don't live up to expectation, because my guess is they desperately want to reach the playoffs.  Yeah we can say who we would like to see or wouldn't like to see but at the end of the day let's support the club and riders signed .....

Lewis Kerr it is then.Can't say i am really overwhelmed by that.He has to be at reserve if not he is totally lost in the 1-5.Needs to up his game massively next season especially away from home.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 5

Definitely not an inspiring start, hope the next announcements are better

15 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Lewis Kerr it is then.Can't say i am really overwhelmed by that.He has to be at reserve if not he is totally lost in the 1-5.Needs to up his game massively next season especially away from home.

One track pony, can’t ride away tracks and let us down on the ride last year , don’t think he will improve as he has ridden all these tracks many times. 

it’s probably something to do with Adrian Flux that he has signed they probably want him in the team to continue there team sponsorship 

Puzzling why he was so poor away as he is pretty good everywhere in the second division. As has been said needs to up his game from last season. 

Things already have a ‘same old’ look about them. Jorgensen absolutely must not be signed now or we are likely to be cannon fodder away from home again. 

On the positive side he is a local lad who started out at Lynn who can gate and it’s always nice to have one of those in your team. 

Edited by Bagpuss

Think he was really kicking on when he had his first bad injury. Hopefully another season injury free will see him kick on again 

Lewi got better as the season went on which is not a surprise considering the injury he came back from.

Good to see Lynn sticking with a local rider.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Well after a week long hype , a sensationally underwhelming announcement.

I assume your issue I with the rider? As I wouldn’t like to think it’s the ‘hype’ ie lots of social media with the club having previously been criticised for a lack of information/interaction ;)

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I assume your issue I with the rider? As I wouldn’t like to think it’s the ‘hype’ ie lots of social media with the club having previously been criticised for a lack of information/interaction ;)

Actually it's not:) but a week of announcements about announcements culminates in the announcement of a reserve (or that's what most people think). 

At the very least I would have expected one of the top 2 possibly 3 riders but as I only watch occasionally from afar my opinion will be dismissed.

just seems to me in this social  media obsessed world Lynn are about 2 decades out of date:o.  Glasgow seem to have it right:approve: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Agree Tel.  Must be at reserve for me too. With an average of 5.43 after the 2.5% reduction he would be the senior reserve. Or could well be in the 1-5 with that average, depending on the others signed. Nice to have a local rider, but we can't have many more with such a big gap in home any away performances if we want to make the play offs.

Home 6.40                Away 4.00. 

1st  15                       1st  8

2nd  13                     2nd  5

3rd  17                     3rd  13

4th  7                       4th  18

As you say ,he needs to improve his away form.

IF we do get the 3 most want back.... Robert, Cookie and Erik, add Lewis to that and you are left with 15.27 for the other 3 riders. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Actually it's not:) but a week of announcements about announcements culminates in the announcement of a reserve (or that's what most people think). 

At the very least I would have expected one of the top 2 possibly 3 riders but as I only watch occasionally from afar my opinion will be dismissed.

just seems to me in this social  media obsessed world Lynn are about 2 decades out of date:o.  Glasgow seem to have it right:approve: 

Your opinion is as valid as anybody else’s. You are quite right, Glasgow are miles in front of anybody else in terms of social media but I think  Lynn have been pretty good so far this winter. 

The announcement of Lewis has underwhelmed many due to his poor 2019 but there are lots of people who will be pleased to see him back. 5.43 is an awkward figure as he needs to be at reserve, if the top three that most people think are signed you wonder how the rest of the team will shape up. 

I truly believe the Lynn bosses do this to really piss the everyone off.     Probably the most under whelming announcement of the week.     We read all the attractive  acquisitions,  other clubs have attained , but all we do is post a reserve, who quite honestly don't inspire anyone....         

I am not sure about all this negativity I have always regarded Lewis as a decent rider , maybe not as good as he was prior to his bad crash but still a good rider who can win you meetings on his day.

• Like 1