British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

26 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I truly believe the Lynn bosses do this to really piss the everyone off.     Probably the most under whelming announcement of the week.     We read all the attractive  acquisitions,  other clubs have attained , but all we do is post a reserve, who quite honestly don't inspire anyone....         

Surely even you aren’t so obtuse that you can’t see Lewis’ signing will be popular with plenty of people? I wouldn’t have in in my 2020 line up personally but I can understand why he has been signed. 

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I am not sure about all this negativity I have always regarded Lewis as a decent rider , maybe not as good as he was prior to his bad crash but still a good rider who can win you meetings on his day.

Lewis is very decent but had a very poor year away from Lynn last year despite spending much of the season at reserve. The main focus for next season has to be sorting the away form and to that end riders like Lewis, Jorgensen and Proctor needed moving on IMO so hopefully there will still be two or three fresh, new faces. If the six who finished last season plus Proctor are the team then I don’t think those problems will have been addressed at all. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Surely even you aren’t so obtuse that you can’t see Lewis’ signing will be popular with plenty of people? I wouldn’t have in in my 2020 line up personally but I can understand why he has been signed. 

Lewis is very decent but had a very poor year away from Lynn last year despite spending much of the season at reserve. The main focus for next season has to be sorting the away form and to that end riders like Lewis, Jorgensen and Proctor needed moving on IMO so hopefully there will still be two or three fresh, new faces. If the six who finished last season plus Proctor are the team then I don’t think those problems will have been addressed at all. 

I would single out Proctor as being particularly poor, even at Peterborough he had some very indifferent results, started well when he first joined them then tailed off. I can't see any Premiership team risking him.

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I would single out Proctor as being particularly poor, even at Peterborough he had some very indifferent results, started well when he first joined them then tailed off. I can't see any Premiership team risking him.

Agreed. Complete toilet at that level.

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Just now, SPEEDY69 said:

Agreed. Complete toilet at that level.

I think Ty would be the first to admit 2019 didn't go the way anyone had hoped, but he didn't drop to reserve for either us or Peterborough. 

As someone said previously, one of the keys to success in league Speedway is signing riders who will up their average - There is no doubt in my mind that Ty will increase his in 2020.

• Like 2

For me, it's about value in the average, the likelihood to increase to it and riding position in the team.

I like Lewis and have nothing but respect for him to even get back on a bike, nevermind race in the top league. However I don't see him getting a big increase in his average, especially if he's in the top 5.

Proctor on the otherhand, on 4.42 I could see adding a point to his average, especially if he starts at reserve. He never should have been asked to be 2nd heatleader for us last season.

Build a team that can add around 4 points plus to it's starting average and you've got a chance to get somewhere.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Speedball said:

For me, it's about value in the average, the likelihood to increase to it and riding position in the team.

I like Lewis and have nothing but respect for him to even get back on a bike, nevermind race in the top league. However I don't see him getting a big increase in his average, especially if he's in the top 5.

Proctor on the otherhand, on 4.42 I could see adding a point to his average, especially if he starts at reserve. He never should have been asked to be 2nd heatleader for us last season.

Build a team that can add around 4 points plus to it's starting average and you've got a chance to get somewhere.

I still don't think he is good enough for Premiership speedway even at reserve, I don't think he is worth the risk.

7 minutes ago, Speedball said:

I agree, Lewis is a solid Championship second string/third heat leader, I am not convinced he will get any better.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I still don't think he is good enough for Premiership speedway even at reserve, I don't think he is worth the risk.

On that average somebody will take the risk and he will probably improve on it quite a bit, it was only the season before last that he averaged 6 something and was a major part of Lynn finishing clear top of the table. 

I just think we need some freshness in the 2020 team which means two or three changes. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

On that average somebody will take the risk and he will probably improve on it quite a bit, it was only the season before last that he averaged 6 something and was a major part of Lynn finishing clear top of the table. 

I just think we need some freshness in the 2020 team which means two or three changes. 

He is on the way down in my view and someone like Ostergaard on a similar average is a better prospect especially for Peterborough maybe not so much for KIngs Lynn and the other rider mentioned TJorgensen is good at Kings Lynn but probably needs a new club this season .

Just now, foreverblue said:

He is on the way down in my view and someone like Ostergaard on a similar average is a better prospect especially for Peterborough maybe not so much for KIngs Lynn and the other rider mentioned TJorgensen is good at Kings Lynn but probably needs a new club this season .

My worry about Jorgensen is that he scores well and is pretty exciting to watch at Lynn but his away form was dreadful, can see the club keeping him due to his value rounds Lynn. 

Lewis would be ok in the 1-5 if we had Lambert, Cook and Iversen as heat leaders with Riss as the other second string. We could then have Proctor at reserve which would leave about 3.2 for our number 7.

Looking at Swindon’s team last year and this I don’t think it’s as important to have big scoring reserves.

• Like 2

If someone with a 5.43 average is to be at reserve we'll be looking at a quite abysmal team I'm afraid. 

On that average and to be competitive on the road Kerr has to be at No2 or No4. 

Anders Rowe might be worth a go at number 7 if we had a strong top 5 with the promise that we wouldn’t dump him if things didn’t go well straight away 

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Your right about TJ. Nice bloke, and good to watch around the AFA, but needs pastures new. I know you not really interested, but if you take a look at these stats, I think you will be surprised, and see where some of us Stars fans are coming from..

Home  7.71    Away  3.78

1st  16           1st  2

2nd  12         2nd  7

3rd  9           3rd  14

4th  3          4th  11

Home and away is like night and day :blink:

At the end of last season the team manager said something on the lines of " it's no good having riders that can score a maximum at home and hardly anything away". 

We shall see.

Edited by Bald Bloke