British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

Nine finishes in the first two places out of 34 heats away from home is pretty damning. 

3 hours ago, g13webb said:

I truly believe the Lynn bosses do this to really piss the everyone off.     Probably the most under whelming announcement of the week.     We read all the attractive  acquisitions,  other clubs have attained , but all we do is post a reserve, who quite honestly don't inspire anyone....         

Not so much to piss anyone off, as I see it but more like "we don't give a monkey;s about what you think" . Why not announce one of the new acquisitions ( if there are to be any ) if you hoped to impress the supporters who are left. Out of date re "how to do it" and short on ideas too.

Edited by waytogo28
correction

Kasper Anderson had a higher away average than Lewis Kerr last season.   Speaks volumes.

Sheffield, Swindon, Belle Vue shopping at Waitrose.  Buster shopping at Lidl.

Edited by semion

No point complaining about the Lewis Kerr signing.

You guys as well as us Panthers fans should know by now that Buster will serve up the same rubbish year after year because he's main focus is about saving the Premiership rather than winning the Premiership.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I am not sure about all this negativity I have always regarded Lewis as a decent rider , maybe not as good as he was prior to his bad crash but still a good rider who can win you meetings on his day.

Same old same old.

On 11/26/2019 at 6:06 PM, Trees said:

So you don't want continuity then, thought that was what the fans wanted .......

You don't want continuity just for the sake of it, especially if they are not performing consistantly and they show no signs of improving, you have to except that they have reached there limit, teams win with riders that have progress in them and consistency, not double figures one meeting, and 3 or 4 in next.

5 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Not so much to piss anyone off, as I see it but more like "we don't give a monkey;s about what you think" . Why not announce one of the new acquisitions ( if there are to be any ) if you hoped to impress the supporters who are left. Out of date re "how to do it" and short on ideas too.

This was probably the only  club that made an announcement about the forth-coming announcement, but in fact the original announcement was of more important than the actual .announcement :t:.    Cant wait for the second one 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, semion said:

Kasper Anderson had a higher away average than Lewis Kerr last season.   Speaks volumes.

Sheffield, Swindon, Belle Vue shopping at Waitrose.  Buster shopping at Lidl.

The Stars are based in a small town in a remote part of England. They will always struggle when when it comes to finance when compared with clubs based it big cities. Same as little old Norwich City FC. Sorry, Norfolk don' t cut it bor. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rockstar99 said:

No point complaining about the Lewis Kerr signing.

You guys as well as us Panthers fans should know by now that Buster will serve up the same rubbish year after year because he's main focus is about saving the Premiership rather than winning the Premiership.

"We will try and go one better next season" that's what gets me. That's what was said after topping the league and only loosing in the play off through late injuries to NKI and MPT. We also had the best away record in the league in 2018 as well.

What we got was 2nd from bottom and probably the worst away record in the league.

After 50 odd years of trying to win the top flight, it was great to see the Stars do so well. I know it's early doors yet and on 5.43 Lewis could well be in the 1-5.

Erik, TJ, Lewis, and MPT averaged 18.44 between the 4 of them away from the AFA in 2019, and 29.12 at home.

Lets hope Buster's calculator is working as it should. Still looking forward to the next reveal, hoping for some changes that will improve things on the road :)  

19 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

The Stars are based in a small town in a remote part of England. They will always struggle when when it comes to finance when compared with clubs based it big cities. Same as little old Norwich City FC. Sorry, Norfolk don' t cut it bor. 

Buster owns the place. Must make thinks a lot easier and cheaper. Plus the stadium gets used for other things.

16 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Buster owns the place. Must make thinks a lot easier and cheaper. Plus the stadium gets used for other things.

Business people look at each individual activity. If I was running it, the stox should not subsidise speedway, Speedway must break even, at leat.

38 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Thank you for the geography lesson I had often wondered where Kings Lynn was.;)

Lets hope the other 6 signings are a little bit more inspiring that Lewi.

Just now, semion said:

Thank you for the geography lesson I had often wondered where Kings Lynn was.;)

Lets hope the other 6 signings are a little bit more inspiring that Lewi.

No need to thank me for geography lesson. It really is a case of population. Much of Norfolk is two miles from nowhere. 

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Your right about TJ. Nice bloke, and good to watch around the AFA, but needs pastures new. I know you not really interested, but if you take a look at these stats, I think you will be surprised, and see where some of us Stars fans are coming from..

Home  7.71    Away  3.78

1st  16           1st  2

2nd  12         2nd  7

3rd  9           3rd  14

4th  3          4th  11

Home and away is like night and day :blink:

At the end of last season the team manager said something on the lines of " it's no good having riders that can score a maximum at home and hardly anything away". 

We shall see.

reminds me of Adam Allott .. the rest of the team pretty much knew they would be one rider down at away meetings which has a massive affect on the mentality.

as soon as Allott was replaced by the fit again Doolan the club started winning trophies

10 minutes ago, stevehone said:

reminds me of Adam Allott .. the rest of the team pretty much knew they would be one rider down at away meetings which has a massive affect on the mentality.

as soon as Allott was replaced by the fit again Doolan the club started winning trophies

I’m sure I remember a poster called webbo on the Lynn forum telling everyone what a huge mistake it was to drop Allott and bring in Doolan as we wouldn't win enough home meetings to win any trophies. Wonder what happened to him? 

• Haha 1