British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

Allot was a home rider only, and then only when he gated.  At Saddlebow capable of beating anyone and in turn losing to anybody when he didn’t make the gate.

Think the real class side was when we signed Nermark from Edinburgh on a 7 something average.  What a team that was. Think that signing was down to JC

8 minutes ago, semion said:

Allot was a home rider only, and then only when he gated.  At Saddlebow capable of beating anyone and in turn losing to anybody when he didn’t make the gate.

Think the real class side was when we signed Nermark from Edinburgh on a 7 something average.  What a team that was. Think that signing was down to JC

Good job JC didn't get his way with getting rid of one rider else that great team would have been an ordinary one.

40 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I’m sure I remember a poster called webbo on the Lynn forum telling everyone what a huge mistake it was to drop Allott and bring in Doolan as we wouldn't win enough home meetings to win any trophies. Wonder what happened to him? 

i was quite vocal that Adam needed replacing .. nice bloke and all that but was a liability away, Webbo couldn't see it and said he'd never go again if they got rid of Adam.

the trophies soon flooded in for the PL days including either 2 or 3 trebles

Just re-read the press release from the 22nd Nov. 

I don't think the team will have many changes as all

Allit said: “From a club point of view with King’s Lynn, the points limit we will work with and we will do our best to assemble a good competitive team. One thing I do like going forward is having continuity with riders".

That suggests hardly any change from 2018 & 2019 seasons. 

31 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Just re-read the press release from the 22nd Nov. 

I don't think the team will have many changes as all

Allit said: “From a club point of view with King’s Lynn, the points limit we will work with and we will do our best to assemble a good competitive team. One thing I do like going forward is having continuity with riders".

That suggests hardly any change from 2018 & 2019 seasons. 

Seen that, and Lewis the first declared. Hope i'm wrong..

Edited by Bald Bloke

10 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

No need to thank me for geography lesson. It really is a case of population. Much of Norfolk is two miles from nowhere. 

It's not so much our glorious rural location ( which has many upsides ) I suspect that the team is comprised of riders to suit the sponsors demands. After all the dwindling crowds ( no longer worthy of the name really ) contribute less and less to balancing the books.

Assuming Robert Lambert returns and shows his 2018 form that'll make a big difference. That would lift the rest of the team, whether that's the same team as last year or not. The key could simply be the right no. 7

Not convinced Lambert is coming back. I hope i'm wrong. Surely if your talisman and captain had agreed terms he would have been the first announcement?  Especially following the signings Sheffield and Swindon have announced!!

31 minutes ago, Kickitov said:

Not convinced Lambert is coming back. I hope i'm wrong. Surely if your talisman and captain had agreed terms he would have been the first announcement?  Especially following the signings Sheffield and Swindon have announced!!

Not necessarily, they might be saving the bigger names til the final announcements. 

I’d be staggered if last years top three don’t return. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TooMuchGrip said:

There might be a couple of changes. A German and a French born rider possibilities.

German:-

Huckenbeck, Smolinski, Wolbert, Riss x2, Härtel

French:-

Ellis, Bellago, Bergé, Tresarrieu x2, 

Would have all the German's bar Mark Riss and Smolinski a risk on a 7+ average. French born, only Ellis and Bellego stacks up. Some would add something different to the team of the previous 2 seasons and add to our away form. 

Huckenbeck and Bellego would both be good signings on their averages with Lynn as a home track and only Wolves and to a lesser extent the Foxhole as tight tracks in the league. Swindon is medium nowadays which is fine but the others are all big and fast which would suit those riders down to the ground. 

Looks like Bellego finished on 5.60 and I seem to remember Kai finishing 2017 on 4 something. Add those to Lambert, Cook and Riss and without the exact figures to hand I reckon we’d have just over four for a second reserve (Pickering / THJ?)

Lambert

Kerr

Riss

Bellego

Cook

Huckenbeck

Pickering / THJ

Edited by Bagpuss

Will be 

Lambert

Cook

Riss