British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

Definitely looks like Jorgensen as there is a picture of him on Instagram wearing the same coat in Amsterdam.

Such a frustrating rider. Can be excellent at Lynn, a real entertainer and one who can actually pass but there’s no escaping his horrendous away performances. 

its not like he’s new either, been riding in the top flight with Lynn since midway through 2017. Should be getting better away, not worse. That’s 2.5 seasons to get dialled in. Think he can count himself very fortunate to be back.

• Like 2

Is back due to being an asset and being a good scorer and entertainer at home. Trouble is it shows a lack of ambition from the promotion in light of last years away form. The first two signings will need to up their game considerably on the road for Lynn to be successful in 2020 and having been around several years each it feels doubtful they can do so. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

So it is as we thought.Jorgensen seriously has to up his away game to warrant his inclusion.I know he realises this but now he has to put it into reality.

• Like 1

Would Simon Lambert fit for the other place ?   

Albert Einstein is widely credited with saying, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

It can't be Proctor. 

Why?

8 hours ago, Rockstar99 said:

Looks like Phil The Ace is right. Just the reserves to go.

1. Lambo

2. Kerr

3. Riss

4. Jorgensen

5. Cook

I like Jorgensen, but can't see him improving next season. Seems to me the Stars management are going for the cheap option. Lack of ambition. 

23 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Why?

You can't sign a rider you sacked the previous season although no idea why you would want him. 

Edited by foreverblue

31 minutes ago, mrss said:

I like Jorgensen, but can't see him improving next season. Seems to me the Stars management are going for the cheap option. Lack of ambition. 

On what basis is it the cheap option with that top 5? I’ve no idea what riders get paid, but I would imagine Cook & Lambert are 2 of the better paid in the league so far don’t see that as the cheap option. If you mean no loan fee due to KL owning Jorgensen, I can see your point, whilst still respectfully disagreeing.

So 2 of the top 5 signed, with the expected 3 to come in. Add Proctor in, what does that leave for the 7th rider?

Edited by AlexBrady

31 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

You can't sign a rider you sacked the previous season although no idea why you would want him. 

Not sure if you are getting the rule mixed up.I must admit i thought the same as you originally,but then had doubts.

16.3.2 A rider in a Team's declared 1 - 7 at the end of the previous season and not included in that Team’s new season’s initial declaration may not be subsequently re-introduced into that Team without the express permission of the Directors.

With Proctor being on such a low average that is the appeal in wanting him i would imagine.

Edited by tellboy

22 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

That’s assuming that hasn’t changed! They said in the press release little had changed however its apparent they have dropped the 1 over 8 rule (Swindon) and no rider under 3 (Rowe).

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

It’s pretty obvious why somebody will sign him for 2020.