British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

So it is as we thought.Jorgensen seriously has to up his away game to warrant his inclusion.I know he realises this but now he has to put it into reality.

I sincerely hope he can improve his away form, and keep away from injury, he is so good with the fans, Dale and Peter believe he can bring home the bacon in 2020, come on Thomas!!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AlexBrady said:

On what basis is it the cheap option with that top 5? I’ve no idea what riders get paid, but I would imagine Cook & Lambert are 2 of the better paid in the league so far don’t see that as the cheap option. If you mean no loan fee due to KL owning Jorgensen, I can see your point, whilst still respectfully disagreeing.

So 2 of the top 5 signed, with the expected 3 to come in. Add Proctor in, what does that leave for the 7th rider?

I guess with TJ living in Boston and Lewi Kerr based at Heacham there are no big expensive commutes to pay for.  If they are the two signed up so far then I would consider them as low cost signings.

Your mention Cook n Lambert as being decent earners, but in fairness they haven’t signed yet.

Cook Lambert and Riss will be the three heat leaders and to be fair they don't come cheap. Unfortunately that is likely to reflect in the bottom four though, and cheaper, familiar names although having their merits won’t solve our away form. 

Its disappointing that the club appear to have decided against freshening the team up with three or four new faces. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

You can't sign a rider you sacked the previous season although no idea why you would want him. 

Not true

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

That’s assuming that hasn’t changed! They said in the press release little had changed however its apparent they have dropped the 1 over 8 rule (Swindon) and no rider under 3 (Rowe).

That hasn't changed because that rule has never existed

37 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Cook Lambert and Riss will be the three heat leaders and to be fair they don't come cheap. Unfortunately that is likely to reflect in the bottom four though, and cheaper, familiar names although having their merits won’t solve our away form. 

Its disappointing that the club appear to have decided against freshening the team up with three or four new faces. 

The KL team finished on 43.97 so that alone suggests that only tweaking is necessary, although the averages can flatter a side that’s winning big at home but doing dismally away, especially if it doesn’t finish the season well.

Lambert, Cook and Riss, if signed, are far more likely to increase their averages than Doyle, Batch and Rasmus Jensen.

I would have kept Palm-Toft rather than Kerr or Jorgensen, but it looks like he’s gone.

KL should still be a solid side and could well do an “Ipswich” next year.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

It’s pretty obvious why somebody will sign him for 2020. 

No it isn't he isn't good enough for the Premiership, why do you think his average dropped?  He is on the way down.

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

No it isn't he isn't good enough for the Premiership, why do you think his average dropped?  He is on the way down.

Proctor has great value at reserve. When looking at the heat format race by race Proctor on his average should at least score a point per heat against the opposition reserve. 

Have no doubt, Proctor will improve his current average at reserve. 

The issue though is would he likely remain reserve? Probably not but if the reserve spot is swapped and changed between Procter and Kerr that does hold some strength in the reserve position.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, DC2 said:

The KL team finished on 43.97 so that alone suggests that only tweaking is necessary, although the averages can flatter a side that’s winning big at home but doing dismally away, especially if it doesn’t finish the season well.

Lambert, Cook and Riss, if signed, are far more likely to increase their averages than Doyle, Batch and Rasmus Jensen.

I would have kept Palm-Toft rather than Kerr or Jorgensen, but it looks like he’s gone.

34 minutes ago, DC2 said:

No chance of that what i do hope is for the Lynn fans is that  Lambert comes back stronger and is  back to his best in 2020.

Edited by Sidney the robin

3 minutes ago, 1984Star said:

7.61 Lambert 

7.59 Cook

6.61 Riss

6.30 Mpt

5.90 Jorgensen

5.43 Kerr

3.06 ???

Probably.

Connor Mountain?

So he dropped 2 points off his starting average and you want him back! You don't think he is on the way down? I would rather have Ulrich Ostergaard on the same average.

Edited by foreverblue