British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

No it isn't he isn't good enough for the Premiership, why do you think his average dropped?  He is on the way down.

19 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

So he dropped 2 points off his starting average and you want him back! You don't think he is on the way down? I would rather have Ulrich Ostergaard on the same average.

It’s a pretty safe bet that he will increase his average to some degree next year wherever he rides and he will almost certainly be starting at reserve and there won’t be anyone else with his ability and experience at reserve in the Premiership. Riders have bad years and recover the next season, they aren’t automatically ‘on the way down’. Don't forget how well he did in 2018. 

If he ends up at Lynn which seems fairly likely then my only issue is that we need fresh faces and not with him or his ability, he will make a pretty decent reserve and then second string and is good value on that figure. You look at some of the reserves named so far and he should have a field day early on. 

13 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

It’s a pretty safe bet that he will increase his average to some degree next year wherever he rides and he will almost certainly be starting at reserve and there won’t be anyone else with his ability and experience at reserve in the Premiership. Riders have bad years and recover the next season, they aren’t automatically ‘on the way down’. Don't forget how well he did in 2018. 

If he ends up at Lynn which seems fairly likely then my only issue is that we need fresh faces and not with him or his ability, he will make a pretty decent reserve and then second string and is good value on that figure. You look at some of the reserves named so far and he should have a field day early on. 

Ok look at it from his point of view, why would you return to a team that sacked you?

Edited by foreverblue

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

That hasn't changed because that rule has never existed

Wether it was a documented rule or not it was mentioned by some of the top flight promoters prior to the new season in interviews.

Another of the many ‘it’s not really a rule but will do it anyway’ rules that that the committee seem to invent or ignore (delete as applicable)

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Ok look at it from his point of view, why would he return to a team that sacked you?

He wasn’t sacked he was redistributed :D 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Well I could understand him going back to Peterborough possibly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

He was re-aligned with another employer. :blink:

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

The KL team finished on 43.97 so that alone suggests that only tweaking is necessary, although the averages can flatter a side that’s winning big at home but doing dismally away, especially if it doesn’t finish the season well.

Lambert, Cook and Riss, if signed, are far more likely to increase their averages than Doyle, Batch and Rasmus Jensen.

I would have kept Palm-Toft rather than Kerr or Jorgensen, but it looks like he’s gone.

KL should still be a solid side and could well do an “Ipswich” next year.

The 43.97 does flatter the Stars unfortunately. The top 6 riders averaged only 33 away from home.  Lynn's engine room were really poor and, and Buster signs 2  of the worst culprits:o

Home Lewis and TJ  14.11  Away 7.78 .. (TJ 7.71 home and 3.78 away. Lewis 6.40 Home and 4.00 away.Some of that at reserve).

Wish them well, but it doesn't scream ambition to me.

Oh well on the the next one :neutral:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 4

If Kerr and Proctor are going to swap between no’s 2 and 7 (4 &6 take ya pick ) it always gives Lynn a decent Reserve but on the flip side I can’t see either doing a 2nd string job away from home.

1 hour ago, Beowulf said:

He was re-aligned with another employer. :blink:

Wasn't that the same employer.

10 minutes ago, semion said:

If Kerr and Proctor are going to swap between no’s 2 and 7 (4 &6 take ya pick ) it always gives Lynn a decent Reserve but on the flip side I can’t see either doing a 2nd string job away from home.

Lewis was often unable to do that job away from home last year at reserve let alone second string. As I’ve said earlier in the thread it’s a mystery as he is pretty good everywhere in the Championship and knows all the Premiership circuits so hopefully he can up his game next season.  

Edited by Bagpuss

You would think with him being a gater it would give him half a chance home or away

• Like 1

8 hours ago, semion said:

I guess with TJ living in Boston and Lewi Kerr based at Heacham there are no big expensive commutes to pay for.  If they are the two signed up so far then I would consider them as low cost signings.

Your mention Cook n Lambert as being decent earners, but in fairness they haven’t signed yet.

Just a minor point Semion, but Lewi isn't based at Heacham.

27 minutes ago, semion said:

Cheers Mimmo, thanks for the correction.  I thought he was out that way

He is mate, He used to live in Heacham along the road from, but moved a couple of years ago to another nearby village.