British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

11 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Did anyone ever doubt Lambert wouldn’t be at Lynn.

Not sure necessarily any doubt about a return to Lynn but there has been talk before about him possibly dropping the UK. His schedule was very busy and he lives in Germany with his girlfriend for most of the time.

But as Baggy has said, with no GP's and U21 rounds, his schedule should be a bit more manageable this season.

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

With no GP or U21 for him in 2020 it was never going to happen. 

He can easily get back to his 2018 form you are lucky you have him to see everyweek i never tire of watching Robert ride a real talent.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

He can easily get back to his 2018 form you are lucky you have him to see everyweek i never tire of watching Robert ride a real talent.

I sincerely hope he goes on to be the modern day Terry Betts and spends his whole UK career with the Stars (I'm aware Betts also rode at Norwich and Reading but you get my drift) :D

8 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I agree with you totally, there is nobody who rides his home track better, always a pleasure to watch him ride.

1 hour ago, Speedball said:

I sincerely hope he goes on to be the modern day Terry Betts and spends his whole UK career with the Stars (I'm aware Betts also rode at Norwich and Reading but you get my drift) :D

Ah... the great Terry Betts, lovely guy.  But don't forget the wonderful Tomas Topinka who had 15 seasons with the Stars and scored over 6,000 points in 578 appearances. Both riders were also really stylish and smooth on the bike. Great times!

• Like 4

Personally I can’t see Robert riding at any other club unless someone was to make him an offer he could not refuse financially.

Good luck Robert... go for the SGP in 2021

6 hours ago, Speedball said:

I hope so to Bettsy was a rider i loved,great racer nice guy a one club man after his apprenticeship glad he stayed at Lynn,Robert the same if he rides in th Uk Stay at Lynn why move get a testimonial he is a talent and can improve again.

• Like 1

Betts started his career at Norwich   joined Reading as KL no longer wanted him. Will always however be associated and known for his time at Kings Lynn, when all teams had a genuine number 1.  

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Speedball said:

Not to mention Wolverhampton and Long Eaton

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bunce said:

Ah... the great Terry Betts, lovely guy.  But don't forget the wonderful Tomas Topinka who had 15 seasons with the Stars and scored over 6,000 points in 578 appearances. Both riders were also really stylish and smooth on the bike. Great times!

I can remember Terry riding in the 1989 Briggo German legends meeting and in one ride giving  Penhall a real race .He still looked quick and smooth a great rider and a great embassador  for our sport.

• Like 1

Martin Rogers might have brought in Jessup to replace him as a no 1. But he never had a chance of replacing him as THE number one.  

Terry knew the value of a pound ;)

10 hours ago, semion said:

Terry knew the value of a pound ;)

He certainly did but then he knew how to entertain

So 3 down 4 to go who they going to be guys and girls ? 

1 minute ago, Greg said:

So 3 down 4 to go who they going to be guys and girls ? 

No, just guys.  :)