British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

9 hours ago, AlexBrady said:

I’d be putting my money elsewhere . . .

Like a new office in Dereham ? :)

• Like 1

Looks a team built in the expectation that combined Lambert, Cook and Riss will add 4 points to their average. 

10 hours ago, kelvinht said:

Cook arrived too late, for some reason we seemed to have nearly all our away matches in the first half of the season, so limited opportunities to get anything on the road once cook arrived. Hope there is a better spread in 2020

I don't think our fixture list 2019 helped the team at all ....

2 hours ago, castrolargh said:

Annnd , its proctor. 

On a very low average .....

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Same engine room:blink:

Riss, TJ, Kerr home 21.68      Away 13.18

Very aware of their low away form, they can and will improve ....

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Can you fit in Pickering??

No idea but he would be a great number seven. 

29 minutes ago, semion said:

Looks a team built in the expectation that combined Lambert, Cook and Riss will add 4 points to their average. 

I think the expectation will be that all seven can improve, particularly on the back of a pretty awful 2019. Whether they can or not is another matter. As we know it won’t be through home performances as there’s very little wrong with those, it’s about being far, far more competitive in away fixtures. The hiding at the Foxhole last March set the tone unfortunately.

Edited by Bagpuss

35 minutes ago, semion said:

Like a new office in Dereham ? :)

Absolutely. Shameless plug but opening mid-late January! 

4 minutes ago, Trees said:

Very aware of their low away form, they can and will improve ....

No they won’t, they’ve all had a few years now and it’s the same rubbish year after year.

Piss poor team from one of the worst management teams in speedway yet again 

Just now, therefused said:

No they won’t, they’ve all had a few years now and it’s the same rubbish year after year.

Piss poor team from one of the worst management teams in speedway yet again 

Apart from 2018 when we had by far the best away record in the league and finished clear top? Lambert, Jorgensen, Proctor and Riss were all in that team. 

By all means criticise them for a dreadful 2019 but don’t gloss over the year before that. 

And yes I get people’s frustration, many of us wanted a clear out with fresh faces and I appreciate and agree with that. But don’t rewrite history. 

15 minutes ago, Trees said:

On a very low average .....

He is on a low average for a reason.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Apart from 2018 when we had by far the best away record in the league and finished clear top? Lambert, Jorgensen, Proctor and Riss were all in that team. 

By all means criticise them for a dreadful 2019 but don’t gloss over the year before that. 

And yes I get people’s frustration, many of us wanted a clear out with fresh faces and I appreciate and agree with that. But don’t rewrite history. 

I would hardly say the reason we finished top in 2018 are the first four signings we’ve made this year.

the team is piss poor, it was this year, will be next year.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, therefused said:

I would hardly say the reason we finished top in 2018 are the first four signings we’ve made this year.

the team is piss poor, it was this year, will be next year.

Kerr certainly wasn’t because he wasn’t part of the team but to say that Proctor and Jorgensen didn’t contribute to finishing clear top is daft, they were a pretty good engine room. I acknowledge they were both dire last season but why should that be any more of a barometer than the year before? 

I think this team will have every chance of finishing top four. The frustration is that they could have gone with three or four new faces in an effort to finish first. 

11 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Kerr certainly wasn’t because he wasn’t part of the team but to say that Proctor and Jorgensen didn’t contribute to finishing clear top is daft, they were a pretty good engine room. I acknowledge they were both dire last season but why should that be any more of a barometer than the year before? 

I think this team will have every chance of finishing top four. The frustration is that they could have gone with three or four new faces in an effort to finish first. 

Win all your home matches and you have every chance.

41 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

He is on a low average for a reason.

Which is what I have said previously , he left Kings Lynn and he continued his downward plunge at Peterborough and I am far from convinced he is any better than his current average although he will no doubt win races at reserve but as soon as he goes in to the main body he will struggle.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Baggy, you're forever the optimist,    always looking in the positive side, whereas I tend to be more realistic.    When I watch speedway, I tend to look deeper than just the result.  All too often I concentrate on the attitude and the effort the rider puts in.  and unfortunately its not always that good.   To bring back the same crew, to me, is a sure-fire recipe for disaster.   When world class riders like Lambert and Cookie are not winning races, what encouragement does that give to the others.    How can you moan at the other riders  when your top men go missing. 

One of the plusses from recent years has been the consistent form from MPT.      I have this thought, that he is the one, that has not signed for next year.       How stupid is that.???

Another sure-fire way to p___ the fans off......