British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

I always thought Buster wasn’t bothered about offering discounted season tickets.  Or has his view on that now changed ?

1 minute ago, semion said:

I always thought Buster wasn’t bothered about offering discounted season tickets.  Or has his view on that now changed ?

I can't see the tickets being discounted, more an away offer on top (IF all the promoters agree of course!)

1 hour ago, semion said:

Sensible deals make sense. Speedway clubs (generally) have given away free tickets and then found regular supporters are very unhappy because they pay top dollar to send next to a freebie who is never seen again.

Discounts need to be managed snd targeted - and explained so regular fans know what is going on.

Standing in the shopping arcade and dishing out free tix does little in the long term.

I meant a season ticket discount as in below the standard admission charge.  Buster was always of the opinion that people buying a season ticket would come anyway and pay the going rate. 

Thought the idea for Promotions offering a season ticket deal was to get some money in early doors to help the cash flow situation.  Buster never seemed as keen as other’s to get in the early cash.

Edited by semion

19 hours ago, semion said:

Or has his view on that now changed ?

Buster's view on anything never changes. He made his mind up about How Run / Ruin Speeday before the end of the last century.

On 12/17/2019 at 7:15 PM, Trees said:

Dale went through the process/parameters he has to work to to sign a team, reminding us that as much as we might think/expect, no club can just pick a rider out and sign them ......

Thomas is working hard on his whole racing package to improve all round basically and having Dale in his corner will help him ......

Does those same parameters apply to other teams like Swindon, Belle Vue and Sheffield.  ? ?      or cant we afford to compete on their level ?? ...      If not then probably we should have followed Poole's lead and drop down a division..      They appear to have assembled a team equal to ours already...

1 minute ago, g13webb said:

Does those same parameters apply to other teams like Swindon, Belle Vue and Sheffield.  ? ?      or cant we afford to compete on their level ?? ...      If not then probably we should have followed Poole's lead and drop down a division..      They appear to have assembled a team equal to ours already...

Our team isn't complete, how do you know?  As he said there are multiple parameters that have to be adhered too, not only affordability ..... 

There seems to be this general idea that Sheffield are going to be brilliant because they’ve got Pedersen to come back over here and that signing Kildemand will make Belle Vue world beaters? I don’t think we will look too different to them once our full team is revealed. I certainly don’t see our side being built on the cheap at all. 

Swindon stand out on paper because of their top four but even that could be very different once the racing begins. 

If it’s Cook and Riss to come and those 2 plus Lambert can whack in a 3 point average  increase then that will push in Lynn in amongst it at the top of the League.  If we start well then those 3 could really come to the party.  If we don’t then the same three could offer the same as last season.

Edited by semion

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

There seems to be this general idea that Sheffield are going to be brilliant because they’ve got Pedersen to come back over here and that signing Kildemand will make Belle Vue world beaters? I don’t think we will look too different to them once our full team is revealed. I certainly don’t see our side being built on the cheap at all. 

Swindon stand out on paper because of their top four but even that could be very different once the racing begins. 

Spot on.

Throughout the season up to August Swindon were still struggling to make the top four and looking poor away.

Everyone seems to forget that since they picked up in September.

If Cook is back at Lynn ,I would expect him to increase his average as he should be used to the track, Lynn should do better next season if everyone can stay fit. Hoping to make my first ever trip down next season

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cookiefan said:

If Cook is back at Lynn ,I would expect him to increase his average as he should be used to the track, Lynn should do better next season if everyone can stay fit. Hoping to make my first ever trip down next season

gaters paradise now sadly !!!! gone are the days of the old saddlebow road :(

49 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

gaters paradise now sadly !!!! gone are the days of the old saddlebow road :(

Shame because Cookie is a racer and is delightful to watch when on song, which he is at Glasgow most times

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Shame because Cookie is a racer and is delightful to watch when on song, which he is at Glasgow most times

yes  we witnessed it many times at NSS :t:

• Like 1

There is a chink of light fellas as it was announced at the talk in the other night that the track will be prepared slicker, hopefully that will mean better racing. Certainly can’t make it worse! 

• Haha 1