British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

There is a chink of light fellas as it was announced at the talk in the other night that the track will be prepared slicker, hopefully that will mean better racing. Certainly can’t make it worse! 

fingers crossed hopefully get back to saddlebow road days :unsure:

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

There is a chink of light fellas as it was announced at the talk in the other night that the track will be prepared slicker, hopefully that will mean better racing. Certainly can’t make it worse! 

Think it can only be helped with Buster slipping into the background. If he continues to interfere with the track though, Dale will be on a collision course and out the club, just like Rob Lyon. 

I wish I could be optimistic like others on here,    but have been down this road too many times .    

Years back, when the track was good,   the score wasn't as important because the racing made it exciting.   Now with this 'Gate and Go'  philosophy  the only consolation  is the winning margin..     I've always believed the track is basically a good size and shape and lends itself to good racing, just a pity on the shale they use and the amount they put on it....  Making it slicker will provide better racing... 

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Think it can only be helped with Buster slipping into the background. If he continues to interfere with the track though, Dale will be on a collision course and out the club, just like Rob Lyon. 

I understand that is going to be the case hence Shroeck carrying on as TM so that Dale can promote. 

22 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I wish I could be optimistic like others on here,    but have been down this road too many times .    

Years back, when the track was good,   the score wasn't as important because the racing made it exciting.   Now with this 'Gate and Go'  philosophy  the only consolation  is the winning margin..     I've always believed the track is basically a good size and shape and lends itself to good racing, just a pity on the shale they use and the amount they put on it....  Making it slicker will provide better racing... 

Basically a good shape, but do think a bit of extra width in the bends (and hence slightly shorter straights) would help.....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

Basically a good shape, but do think a bit of extra width in the bends (and hence slightly shorter straights) would help.....

I'd agree with that. Take the 342 m down to around the 300 mark.:t:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

Those changes certainly improved the track and racing at Swindon

9 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Those changes certainly improved the track and racing at Swindon

Only seen your new track on TV, but have read the comments from fans on here. It would be nice if Buster could chip a bit of the concrete away and do the same :t:

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Only seen your new track on TV, but have read the reviews from fans on here. It would be nice if Buster could chip a bit of the concrete away and do the same :t:

Swindon also widened the straights by about a mtr and shortened the straights which reduced the overall length from 360 to 315 mtrs.  What is good is that the racing speeds are higher and the new width of the straights and bends gives more racing lines. 

1 minute ago, A ORLOV said:

Swindon also widened the straights by about a mtr and shortened the straights which reduced the overall length from 360 to 315 mtrs.  What is good is that the racing speeds are higher and the new width of the straights and bends gives more racing lines. 

I'd be well happy with that at the AFA. But not holding me breath ;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Speedball said:

Looks like Riss announced tomorrow, judging by the tease on social media.

I'm hoping the surprise signing isn't Ty :blink: Any ideas ?

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'd agree with that. Take the 342 m down to around the 300 mark.:t:

So make it more like Foxhall :D;)

6 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

So make it more like Foxhall :D;)

So wider bends, wider straights, less grip:P:P

• Haha 1