British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

9 hours ago, Speedball said:

Looks like Riss announced tomorrow, judging by the tease on social media.

Correct,Riss it is.Was hoping for Cook to be honest.Unsure whether Riss can up his average to be honest,i hope he proves me wrong.

Was hoping for Cook,as you know he would be a solid back up to Lambert.He would even push Lambert for the number 1 race jacket.If we went for Cook now it would only leave 4.93 for the last place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Correct,Riss it is.Was hoping for Cook to be honest.Unsure whether Riss can up his average to be honest,i hope he proves me wrong.

Would be very surprised if Cook isn’t back and the ‘surprise’ signing will be a new number seven. 

Time fir Erik to really push on this year, no reason why he can’t do something similar to what Jensen did at Swindon last season. The ability is there just needs to develop consistency. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Would be very surprised if Cook isn’t back and the ‘surprise’ signing will be a new number seven. 

Time fir Erik to really push on this year, no reason why he can’t do something similar to what Jensen did at Swindon last season. The ability is there just needs to develop consistency. 

I don't think Riss was quick enough last season.Even looking at his winning times in the Championship he had some of the slowest.He has a lovely style and well turned out i just hope he can push on too.

Personally i would have liked to have kept MPT and he was on a slightly lower average than Riss.This would have give us over 5pts for the last rider if indeed we did keep Cook.

Who do you think could be a surprise no7 on a 4.93 or lower? Or will Lynn go say with someone like Harris on a 6,then someone on around a 6.5.All will be revealed no doubt after Christmas/New Year.

4 minutes ago, semion said:

Simon Lambert, the go to man, would fit

Give yourself a telling off Semion.That can't happen again,well not at the start of the season anyway.

17 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I don't think Riss was quick enough last season.Even looking at his winning times in the Championship he had some of the slowest.He has a lovely style and well turned out i just hope he can push on too.

Personally i would have liked to have kept MPT and he was on a slightly lower average than Riss.This would have give us over 5pts for the last rider if indeed we did keep Cook.

Who do you think could be a surprise no7 on a 4.93 or lower? Or will Lynn go say with someone like Harris on a 6,then someone on around a 6.5.All will be revealed no doubt after Christmas/New Year.

Mikkel B 6.26 and Harris 6.00. Hopefully that's the case as we could end up with Cookie.....

Great news about Erik, I, too, would like to see him push on this year ..... I would like him to forget looking stylish and just race effectively if that makes sense :)

• Like 1

Cant help thinking that by letting MPT go we have dropped a big one...     My original thoughts were Lambert, Riss,  Cook and MPT  then fit others in the remaining  numbers.  Preferably new young and exciting talent.    By naming 3 existing riders in the first 4, who weren't in my  selection certainly alters the team dynamics somewhat...     I wait to see what the outcome will be.....

5 hours ago, tellboy said:

I agree with the first part of your post, that Erik wasn’t quick enough but I only really noticed it when he returned from the month he had off injured. When he came back after the injury even when he was in front he always looked that he wouldnt hold on to his lead but it never looked like that earlier in the season. 
I personally think that he is well capable of adding at least a half of a point onto his average, in the 2018 season Ty finished with a 7 plus average so Erik definitely has the potential to beat that.

Like you said about the last two riders we will have to wait until the new year but personally I would like to see Cook and Pickering announced.

Riss did look slow towards end of season, but put that down to loss of his no.1 bike, and others not being quite as quick.

I think it'll be Harris plus a suprise signing. Would give us a solid look

12 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

Riss did look slow towards end of season, but put that down to loss of his no.1 bike, and others not being quite as quick.

I think it'll be Harris plus a suprise signing. Would give us a solid look

No we need Harris at Panthers...... Ohh hang on, then he will def go to Lynn